ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Here's what I don't get... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171644)

Deberg_1990 10-06-2007 08:46 AM

Ive said this before, but fans in every city think their team gets slighted all the time. This isnt anything unique to KC. Just scan a few message boards and you will find threads similiar to this one.

JuicesFlowing 10-06-2007 08:48 AM

Why are the Chiefs underdogs IN Arrowhead? That is something I'll never understand.

TEX 10-06-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Ive said this before, but fans in every city think their team gets slighted all the time. This isnt anything unique to KC. Just scan a few message boards and you will find threads similiar to this one.

You're wrong there. Look at their MNF schedule for proof. No MNF games at ARROWHEAD yet again, or no appearances for the Chiefs yet again. Yet, teams like the Bills, 49'ers, Cardinals (All who did not make the playoffs las year) are featured. :hmmm: Furthermore, when the Chiefs were in their shoes, we heard all the reasons why they weren't on MNF. Shoot, even the Houston Texans have a special Thursday Night game at Reliant Stadium - what did that franchise ever do to deserve one? They haven't even had 1 winning season in the history of the franchise. :shake:

Deberg_1990 10-06-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
You're wrong there. Look at their MNF schedule for proof. No MNF games at ARROWHEAD yet again, or no appearances for the Chiefs yet again. Yet, teams like the Bills, 49'ers, Cardinals (All who did not make the playoffs las year) are featured. :hmmm: Furthermore, when the Chiefs were in their shoes, we heard all the reasons why they weren't on MNF. Shoot, even the Houston Texans have a special Thursday Night game at Reliant Stadium - what did that franchise ever do to deserve one? They haven't even had 1 winning season in the history of the franchise. :shake:

Well, im not going to say that the Chiefs have never been slighted, but i also dont think its anything personal against the Chiefs as some of you guys feel.

Maybe the league felt this year that they would like to showcase some up and coming teams? Who knows? Im sure there are tons of scheduling quirks to work around. In any case, i gaurantee you that Chiefs fans are not the ONLY team getting a shaft somewhere. Heck, even Pats and Colts fans complain about scheduling.

Bob Dole 10-06-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
That's part of it too. I was mainly railing against the sheer stupidity of positing that a playoff performance was so bad that it was the reason people are thinking of us as the worst team in the league.
There have been teams that got punked like 50-0 in the playoffs and people still remembered they were a playoff team.

Did those teams "back in" the way KC did last year?

(Bob Dole doesn't buy the "we backed in" view, but the team's performance once we were there sure solidified it for those who did.)

TEX 10-06-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Well, im not going to say that the Chiefs have never been slighted, but i also dont think its anything personal against the Chiefs as some of you guys feel.

Maybe the league felt this year that they would like to showcase some up and coming teams? Who knows? Im sure there are tons of scheduling quirks to work around. In any case, i gaurantee you that Chiefs fans are not the ONLY team getting a shaft somewhere. Heck, even Pats and Colts fans complain about scheduling.

Yeah, probably so but we do get shafted moreso than any team in our division. I've always wondered why every year, Denver gets soooooo much national TV coverage, an early season favorable schedule that includes more home games than away, more home games featuring first-time meetings between division rivals etc. This is the case every year and usually helps them jump out to a good start. Meanwhile, the Chiefs have already played 3 road games (Only team in the NFL that has) and a division game on the road. It's not always who you play, but rather when and where... :hmmm:

BigMeatballDave 10-06-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
I've always wondered why every year, Denver gets soooooo much national TV coverage

The annual fellating from the national sports media is sickening...

nychief 10-06-2007 10:28 AM

who gives a shit. Just win, the rest will follow. look at the freakin patriots.

BigMeatballDave 10-06-2007 10:30 AM

I do not understand why we did not draw a MNF game.

BigMeatballDave 10-06-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief
who gives a shit. Just win, the rest will follow. look at the freakin patriots.

I agree with this. The Colts, Steelers, Patriots, etc. Deserve national attention. Denver, however, does not.

Mr. Laz 10-06-2007 10:37 AM

that's what happens when people see coaching as a problem imo.

Mr. Laz 10-06-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave

why would they?

seriously .. we are in a smaller market so there isn't an automatically ratings draw.

we play dull brand of offense so people wouldn't watch for scoring excitement.

people didn't think we were going to be any good so there wasn't any competitive reason to put us on MNF.

so again i ask ...... why would they?

TEX 10-06-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
why would they?

seriously .. we are in a smaller market so there isn't an automatically ratings draw.

we play dull brand of offense so people wouldn't watch for scoring excitement.

people didn't think we were going to be any good so there wasn't any competitive reason to put us on MNF.

so again i ask ...... why would they?

To showcase a community/venue that has one of the best, if not the best game-day experience in the league. What goes on at ARROWHEAD on game day is special. It's further special on a special occasion. The team may not be a model franchise in terms of Super Bowl titles, but the experience at ARROWHEAD is.

I'm reaching here for a reason, but what I said is the truth about the atmosphere at ARROWHEAD on game day.

Mr. Laz 10-06-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
To showcase a community/venue that has one of the best, if not the best game-day experience in the league. What goes on at ARROWHEAD on game day is special. It's further special on a special occasion. The team may not be a model franchise in terms of Super Bowl titles, but the experience at ARROWHEAD is.

I'm reaching here for a reason, but what I said is the truth about the atmosphere at ARROWHEAD on game day.

you're right ... but that's really about the only reason.

you know that ratings is going to push for the Network exec to want other games.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefDave

I would have rathered a Sunday Night game. Anyways, if the Chiefs continue to be "in the hunt" they will probably get a Sunday Night game towards the end of the year with the Flex scheduling.