ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I'm BaaaAAAAaaack.... Itrs Raider Chief Week (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174857)

gta0012 11-19-2007 10:16 AM

I work this sunday :*(

Mr. Laz 11-19-2007 10:20 AM

i don't think i've ever gone into a faider week caring less about the outcome than this one.

i want Brodie and our young players to get better ..... nothing else matters much.

boogblaster 11-19-2007 10:45 AM

Chiefs 24...Faiders 13....Go Baaaak to your goat-herd....

JohninGpt 11-19-2007 10:54 AM

I've dug very deep, but I can't seem to find any shit to fling today.

Ugly Duck 11-19-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jth1331
Wait, Raider fans are still showing up?
You'd think they would be out preparing for the draft by now...

Thats why we're here.... we're worried that the Chiefs & Donks suck so bad that they'll end up stealing our draft pick. Look, Dood.... we're trying to build a team here, and now both the Chiefs & Donks are nosing in on our picks! KC with the #31 rush offense, Denver with the #31 rush defense.... can't you guyz hold off sucking so bad until we get our team together?

luv 11-19-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase
I guarantee a local team will win at Arrowhead this weekend.

I'm trying to decide which of the college teams you're considering local. Both?

Oh well. THe Chiefs will beat the Raiders, so no matter.

RaiderSithLord 11-19-2007 12:36 PM

Its crazy how this year is going for the entire AFC west....

Chiefnj2 11-19-2007 12:44 PM

Why isn't Russell playing yet?

Ugly Duck 11-19-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2

Same reason the Bengals didn't play #1 pick QB Carson Palmer in his rookie season. Gotta learn the playbook & get enough reps first - don't wanna "Alex Smith" the poor guy. The Bronco ZBS has boosted our run game up to #5, but our o-line still can't pass protect. If you were HC, would you put a fledgling #1 QB behind that line before he learns the playbook?

This is a top-to-bottom rebuild going on here.... there was no need to get the guy killed while the new coaches sort out the new schemes & evaluate personnel. Might see the guy later on in the season a few times just to expose him to the speed of the game so he'll know what he's dealing with next season. You won't see much of Jamarcus Russell or Michael Bush till next year.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-19-2007 01:18 PM

Because he's a bust!

Stinger 11-19-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2

Looking over at ESPN.com and found this:

The JaMarcus Russell era in Oakland likely will begin Dec. 2, sources told ESPN.

Russell

The Raiders have circled Dec. 2 vs. the Broncos as the likely starting debut for the 2007 No. 1 overall pick, team sources told ESPN.

Russell's "light came on" a couple of weeks ago, a source told ESPN.

Russell had a great week of practice, then weighed in at 259 on Friday after hovering in the 270s most of the season.

Unless Daunte Culpepper excels the next two weeks in starts against the Vikings and Chiefs, Russell likely will get all five starts in December.

Russell held out all of training camp in a contract dispute before agreeing to a six-year contract that carries a maximum value of $68 million, a league rookie record. His first practice was Sept. 12.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3117335

Guess the Raiders want to Russell to face the Denver D instead of the Chiefs D.

JohninGpt 11-19-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Russell's "light came on" a couple of weeks ago, a source told ESPN.
Sources also say that he is booked for Dec. 24th and 25th as Santa has asked him to guide his sleigh.

RaiderSithLord 11-19-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohninGpt
Sources also say that he is booked for Dec. 24th and 25th as Santa has asked him to guide his sleigh.

ROFLMAO

That was funny...

ChiefsFanatic 11-19-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz
i don't think i've ever gone into a faider week caring less about the outcome than this one.

i want Brodie and our young players to get better ..... nothing else matters much.

I agree. I just wish our coaching staff was not a bunch brain-dead-play-to-lose-the-game idiots. The last play against the Colts convinced me that Herm really does not care about winning.

Oh Snap 11-19-2007 05:45 PM

You do know, even though we suck, we are still going to beat your team. How does that feel?