ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Martians!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179128)

keg in kc 01-22-2008 04:49 PM

It must be J'onn J'onzz.

BucEyedPea 01-22-2008 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Eh...seems to me they've been to earth first and copied this
with a small change.

Rooster 01-22-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru

Yup.... We have a Kris Wilson sighting people. Nothing to see here.

FAX 01-22-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
At least NASA stopped false-coloring the mars sky pink. Looks like a desert on earth.

I noticed that, too. They really need to stop that.

Here's another shot of the little dude.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23433577-details/Crikey!%20There's%20a%20little%20green%20man%20on%20Mars/article.do

FAX

Donger 01-22-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

At least NASA stopped false-coloring the mars sky pink. Looks like a desert on earth.

It is pink quite often.

FAX 01-22-2008 04:56 PM

How many of you guys are familiar with the various anomalies on Mars? Stuff like the tubes and trees and Incan cities and stuff? Raise your hands.

FAX

keg in kc 01-22-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
It is pink quite often.

It can be, yes. But I'm referring to many of the Viking images.

Iowanian 01-22-2008 04:56 PM

were they "false coloring" mars?

The images I always saw look like "near IR" images. In that case, dust in the atmosphere could have been responsible for that return?

keg in kc 01-22-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
How many of you guys are familiar with the various anomalies on Mars? Stuff like the tubes and trees and Incan cities and stuff? Raise your hands.

FAX

I'm familiar with them, but haven't seen anything approaching convincing evidence.

Although the romantic in me would love for an ancient civilization to be unearthed (heh) on mars.

keg in kc 01-22-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

The images I always saw look like "near IR" images. In that case, dust in the atmosphere could have been responsible for that return?

I don't know that you'll ever find a straight answer to that. There's people convinced they doctored (and still doctor) images for some nefarious purpose, and people who think that's tin-foil nonsense.

Never having set foot on mars, I can't provide any direct insight.

FAX 01-22-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian

That's the claim, Mr. Iowanian. I've seen photos with the rovers' "color registration card" visible in which the colors are all screwed up. It doesn't make a lot of sense. A lot of scientists say that the Martian sky isn't really red all the time. Nor are the rocks.

FAX

FAX 01-22-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

I'm familiar with them, but haven't seen anything approaching convincing evidence.

Although the romantic in me would love for an ancient civilization to be unearthed (heh) on mars.

Some of the anomalies are amazing, really. The tube, for example, is very strange. The formation itself is odd, especially when you consider that Mars doesn't have the same tectonics as Earth.

FAX

FAX 01-22-2008 05:05 PM

Here are some photos of the tube. I wonder what the little naked martians use them for?

http://ebtx.com/mars/marstube.htm

FAX

ChiTown 01-22-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Some of the anomalies are amazing, really. The tube, for example, is very strange. The formation itself is odd, especially when you consider that Mars doesn't have the same tectonics as Earth.

FAX

Tube? What are we talking about here?

Iowanian 01-22-2008 05:06 PM

I don't buy "the govt conspiracy" hokus pokus.

There are legitimate, scientific reasons why different types of imagery are collected, and there are many types, even here within the confines of our own Earth.

False IR, Near IR, Color IR(infra red) are some.

Near IR for example is used because the band it returns is useful for things like distinguishing different types of vegetation. Deciduous trees reflect as brown, while coniferous trees are very red. You can see the difference between corn field and bean field stubble, or dead grass from conservation strips vs sprouting alfalfa or mowed yards.

Also, when these bands are processed, with programs like IDRISI and others, depending on the uses, color schemes and even ranges of color are assigned for different returns on the spectrum, to highlight different things.

My point is.....possibly something is being done that makes the sky look pink or the rocks look red(or maybe they just are red tint)....because it distinguishes potential drainage patterns, geologic formations etc.