ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kris Wilson visiting Eagles today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182111)

Rain Man 03-26-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armory (Post 4650394)

The Eagles are screen happy. They run more screen plays than normal plays.

I'm guessing if he was a real untapped talent, then teams would have been after him once free agency started.

He may have gotten a raw deal here, because people were very annoyed that we spent a second-round pick on a tight end since we already had Gonzalez and Jason Dunn. He then went Bigfoot on the bench for a couple of years as expected, since there was no way he was going to see the field behind those guys.

They moved him to an H-back position a couple of seasons ago as an emergency when we lost two fullbacks for the year very early in the season. They then proclaimed him to be a fullback, and he blocked and occasionally split out wide as our "secret weapon". I always winced when we threw it to him because it seemed like it never worked. I don't know if he ran the routes wrong or if he was just unlucky, because my enduring memory is seeing him always running on the sidelines with the ball sailing several yards over his head.

Hopefully he'll get a fresh start and work out for Philadelphia. We never should have drafted him in the first place.

blueballs 03-26-2008 11:28 AM

LJ was working on a cammo line of clothing
where is the inspiration now

Demonpenz 03-26-2008 11:30 AM

He was supposed to be too big for CB's but to fast for LB's
But infact LB's could cover him especially quick ones. and he is too small to be a regular old school TE

The Franchise 03-26-2008 11:37 AM

If your QB can throw anything over 3 yards.....you'll never see him.

Armory 03-26-2008 11:44 AM

I am crossing my fingers in the hopes that he becomes an uber-talent on the level of a freddie mitchell :D

sedated 03-26-2008 11:50 AM

He was too crappy a blocker to be a true TE, so in all the Chief's brilliance they moved him to FB.

StcChief 03-26-2008 11:53 AM

Good luck, maybe his time has come (I doubt), but go ahead and print 'em.

suds79 03-26-2008 12:03 PM

Honestly Armory?

You would of been better off spending a 5th to 7th round pick to do whatever role Kris Wilson will do.

Younger guy, cheaper and about the same production.

Sorry.

jidar 03-26-2008 12:07 PM

Early on Wilson was known for having great hands, but lately he's had some drops.
He isn't much of a fullback.
I still think there is potential there but only for a creative offensive team which the Chiefs clearly aren't and have no intention of being.

blueballs 03-26-2008 12:11 PM

the genious that is Al Saunders drafted him
he's now in St Louis and Wilson didn't even visit there

ChiefHusker 03-26-2008 12:14 PM

WILSON AGREES TO DEAL WITH EAGLES<O:p

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2008, 12:21 p.m. <O:p

As we expected, the announcement that free-agent tight end/fullback/H-back Kris <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City> is meeting with the Eagles soon will be followed by an announcement that he has agreed to terms.<O:p

Though the announcement has not yet been made, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a deal is done for the former Chiefs draft pick, who was stuck for four years behind Tony Gonzalez. We’d previously heard that it will be a three-year contract.<O:p

We’ve also heard that <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City>’s primary position in Philly might end up being fullback, and that his choice of jersey numbers could reflect that.

In an unrelated development, Dan Klecko just yelled “oh sh-t” really loudly

Rain Man 03-26-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armory (Post 4650472)
I am crossing my fingers in the hopes that he becomes an uber-talent on the level of a freddie mitchell :D

His Chiefs career definitely outshined Freddie Mitchell's Chiefs career.

blueballs 03-26-2008 12:16 PM

perhaps Andy Reid is a cannibal

Kerberos 03-26-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefHusker (Post 4650519)
WILSON AGREES TO DEAL WITH EAGLES<O:p

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2008, 12:21 p.m. <O:p

As we expected, the announcement that free-agent tight end/fullback/H-back Kris <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City> is meeting with the Eagles soon will be followed by an announcement that he has agreed to terms.<O:p

Though the announcement has not yet been made, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a deal is done for the former Chiefs draft pick, who was stuck for four years behind Tony Gonzalez. We’d previously heard that it will be a three-year contract.<O:p

We’ve also heard that <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City>’s primary position in Philly might end up being fullback, and that his choice of jersey numbers could reflect that.

In an unrelated development, Dan Klecko just yelled “oh sh-t” really loudly

Bigfoot sighting in Philly.

alanm 03-26-2008 12:35 PM

He's not a FB nor really a TE. I guess the Chiefs envisioned him as a H Back but since Saunders left there was really no spot for him on the Chiefs. I suppose if you left him at TE he'd probably be decent but he's also not much of a blocker. Good luck in Philly Kris with being the secret weapon. :)