ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Roy, Are there still some strong feelings for Kansas? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182346)

Mr. Laz 04-01-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4661138)
He was a great coach for Kansas, and I wish the circumstances were different before he's left. Roy pushed for hiring/firing decisions to come after the tourney was over, and with the dumbshit NC AD firing Dougherty before the tourney was over, all kinds of speculation created a distracting environment right before KU's game against Syracuse. Would it have made a difference if they'd waited? We'll never know, but to this day, I blame Dean, not Roy. It could've waited a week or two...

i blame Dean Smith for incessant need to raid his alma mater too.

everyone says "it's ok Deputy Dawg just wanted to go home ... go back to his alma mater"

well Dean Smith did nothing but try to raid HIS alma mater.

he can blow a goat ..... DS is dead to me. :harumph:

markk 04-01-2008 10:03 AM

after all Roy did for KU, coming in after the cloud of scandal enveloped the university, bringing them back to respectability and everything, i dont understand why most ku fans are like 'piss on him'. is no one who works for the uni ever allowed to work anyplace else again?

Lzen 04-01-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4661085)
Oy vey. This is quickly becoming about "Roy" and his personalities.

Surely you knew that there would be article after article this week about Roy and his former team.

Lzen 04-01-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markk (Post 4661150)
after all Roy did for KU, coming in after the cloud of scandal enveloped the university, bringing them back to respectability and everything, i dont understand why most ku fans are like 'piss on him'. is no one who works for the uni ever allowed to work anyplace else again?

First of all, I think you need to get a grip. I think "most" KU fans are over Roy and are just glad for the good times he gave us. There are still a few that hold a grudge to this day. But I'm pretty certain that they are in the minority. They just speak louder. ;)

Lzen 04-01-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 4661146)
i blame Dean Smith for incessant need to raid his alma mater too.

everyone says "it's ok Deputy Dawg just wanted to go home ... go back to his alma mater"

well Dean Smith did nothing but try to raid HIS alma mater.

he can blow a goat ..... DS is dead to me. :harumph:

That is something with which I agree.

acesn8s 04-01-2008 10:09 AM

Lose, Roy, lose.

Mr. Plow 04-01-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4661151)
Surely you knew that there would be article after article this week about Roy and his former team.

I did. I understand it. I'm hoping this puts more focus on UNC. It could help. I just hope it doesn't become a distraction for KU.

ArrowheadHawk 04-01-2008 10:30 AM

Im not mad at Roy. I would much rather have Self, he is the better recruiter and is younger. Hopefully the NBA or OSU won't snatch him away and he can spend 20-30 years at KU.

Reerun_KC 04-01-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 4661192)
Im not mad at Roy. I would much rather have Self, he is the better recruiter and is younger. Hopefully the NBA or OSU won't snatch him away and he can spend 20-30 years at KU.

QFT:clap:

ChiefaRoo 04-01-2008 10:46 AM

I'm cheering for the Gheyhawks but if Deputy Dog punks KU's best team in a decade I will enjoy the glorious meltdown of it all. "YES, YES, your tears of pain will be delicious" Do you hear me Skip, Ari? Either way, I WIN!!

ArrowheadHawk 04-01-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 4661202)
I'm cheering for the Gheyhawks but if Deputy Dog punks KU's best team in a decade I will enjoy the glorious meltdown of it all. "YES, YES, your tears of pain will be delicious" Do you hear me Skip, Ari?

:lame:

Lzen 04-01-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4661191)
I did. I understand it. I'm hoping this puts more focus on UNC. It could help. I just hope it doesn't become a distraction for KU.

IMO, all the pressure will be on Roy.

ChiefaRoo 04-01-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 4661206)
:lame:

Shouldn't you be at the processing plant supervising Mexicans in Dodge or wherever it is you live in SW KS?

ChiefaRoo 04-01-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4661209)
IMO, all the pressure will be on Roy.

I don't think so Roy won his national title already. KU hasn't won shite since Ronald Reagan was in office.

teedubya 04-01-2008 11:00 AM

Heh. You know I was thinking... this is sort of an empty statement by Roy. What kid IN North Carolina... going to a NORTH CAROLINA bball camp would want to wear anything other than UNC shit? I doubt many, if any, wear KU shit.

Oh man, this game is getting to me.