ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The NBA Playoffs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183093)

DenverChief 04-17-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4689937)

The Lakers have the muscle, and the only team that's really big enough to match them sizewise if Bynum returns are the Celtics in my opinion. I just think the Jazz are too powerful at home, and if they can pick off a win on the road against any of these teams they can pull it out.

You must have forgot that NENE is coming back

Direckshun 04-17-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 4689979)
You must have forgot that NENE is coming back

I... what?

Do you seriously think Denver's second-worst-defense in the NBA can stop the Lakers and the best offensive player of a generation?

DenverChief 04-17-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4690009)
I... what?

Do you seriously think Denver's second-worst-defense in the NBA can stop the Lakers and the best offensive player of a generation?

with two of the leagues top 4 scorers? and the league leader in blocked shots/rebounds? with the deep bench they offer? J.R. Smith, Chucky Atkins, Linas Kleiza, KMART?

Don't get me wrong the Lakers aren't pushovers but neither are the Nuggets

Mr. Arrowhead 04-17-2008 01:11 PM

I honestly think the Nuggets will be lucky to win one game against LA. They were just aweful against them in the regular season

Psyko Tek 04-17-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4689929)
If the refs don't take over the game, if Bowen & Manu get called/teched for their cheap shots, if Barbosa can come off the bench and play strong the Suns will handle SA this year.

I'm looking forward to a Shaq vs. Kobe grudge match.
The bitch against the diesel.

Even national media was saying the suns get screwed by the refs
If manu wants to flop I bet Shaq will help him make it look convincing

vailpass 04-17-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 4689936)
FYP

Who cried like a little girl then sold out his teamates when he got caught poking the maid?
Who never developed emotionally past the high school level?
Kobe has mad offensive skills but he plays like a bitch off the court.
If you are a fan and can overlook his breaking of the man code then good on you. I'm not and I don't.

Direckshun 04-17-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 4690124)
with two of the leagues top 4 scorers? and the league leader in blocked shots/rebounds? with the deep bench they offer? J.R. Smith, Chucky Atkins, Linas Kleiza, KMART?

THEY CAN'T DEFEND.

The only team with a WORSE defense are the Warriors, and they DON'T EVEN TRY.

RealSNR 04-17-2008 04:40 PM

I'm actually going to agree with you on the Finals pick, Direckshun. I'm buying the Jazz hard this year.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2008 04:42 PM

The Hornets are the perfect first-round matchup for the Mavericks. They are a bunch of pussy jump shooters who can't defend the paint and don't have a single "uber-superstar" player who the refs will favor.

The Mavericks, meanwhile, are a tough team that plays defense and have a superstar. They also have mounds of playoff experience, the Hornets have very little.

Unless Dirk just totally chokes I see the Mavs taking it. I'm very pleased they beat the Hornets to avoid the Lakers in round 1.

KurtCobain 04-17-2008 04:54 PM

1 Celtics
8 Hawks

Cs in 5 games. Hawks surpise game one.

4 Cavaliers
5 Wizards

Wizards got it in 6 games. Lebron will be the heroe twice, but will choke it up in the end.

3 Magic
6 Raptors

Magic will win in a sweep.

2 Pistons
7 76ers

Yeah, probably a sweep.
The West:

1 Lakers
8 Nuggets

Lakers win it in five, because they won't take game 4 seriously and the nuggs will.

4 Jazz
5 Rockets

Jazz will win it in 7.

3 Spurs
6 Suns

Suns win in a sweep. Yeah, I know.

2 Hornets
7 Mavericks

The Mavs take strong and win on the road, but the Hornets'll come together. Hornets in 7 games.

1 Celtics
5 Wizards

Wizards play 4 hard games and but fall to the celtics. Boston's on a 7 game winning streak.

3 Magic
2 Pistons

Piston's win in 5 games. Rasheed Wallace takes over.

1 Lakers
4 Jazz
Jazz are tired. Lakers win another in 5 games in a similar fashion.

6 Suns
2 Hornets
Suns pull the upset in and tough seven game series.

1 Celtics
2 Pistons
Detroit blazes boston in 5 games.

1 Lakers
6 Suns
The rested Lakers win in a sweep.

Lakers
Pistons
A fun series that will pump up non-nba fans for next year. Lakers win in 6.

DenverChief 04-17-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 4690643)
THEY CAN'T DEFEND.

The only team with a WORSE defense are the Warriors, and they DON'T EVEN TRY.

okay? they still won 50 games with that HORRIBLE DEFENSE

Mr. Arrowhead 04-17-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4690854)
The Hornets are the perfect first-round matchup for the Mavericks. They are a bunch of pussy jump shooters who can't defend the paint and don't have a single "uber-superstar" player who the refs will favor.

The Mavericks, meanwhile, are a tough team that plays defense and have a superstar. They also have mounds of playoff experience, the Hornets have very little.

Unless Dirk just totally chokes I see the Mavs taking it. I'm very pleased they beat the Hornets to avoid the Lakers in round 1.

and im very pleased we (mavs) avoided the lakers

88TG88 04-17-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 4690124)

ROFLROFL I can't believe that loser is still in the NBA.

88TG88 04-17-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 4690394)
Who cried like a little girl then sold out his teamates when he got caught poking the maid?
Who never developed emotionally past the high school level?

The same things could be said about Shaq. I don't care much for Kobe's attitude, but I'll take it over Shaq's.

POND_OF_RED 04-17-2008 07:21 PM

I used to like the Suns in the west but the Shaq for Marion trade still baffles me. Shaq is easily the most washed up player in the league.

Also the winner of the Cavs/Wizards will win the East.