ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Cubs acquire Rich Harden (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=186987)

DeezNutz 07-08-2008 05:47 PM

Yeah, well the Royals are supposedly interested in Matt Holliday. That's right, Matt freakin Holliday.

**** you all and your teams that win.

Frazod 07-08-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4835537)
Frazod is going postal when he hears this.

I'd rather not piss away our future buying overhyped stars. We'll have Wainwright and Carpenter back soon for free.

Fairplay 07-08-2008 05:52 PM

Go Cubs!

I really hope this is their year.

Frazod 07-08-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 4835629)
Go Cubs!

I really hope this is their year.

Keep dreaming. All those expensive parts will make for one terrific crash when it call comes apart.

As usual.

little jacob 07-08-2008 05:58 PM

i have no positive or negative for the cubs or cards really. i kind of hope milwaukee does it. they have done things the right way from a little guy perspective, loaded up on high quality prospects, good drafting. made a big aggressive move to try to take the next step.

good year for the have-nots with the brewers and the rays maybe poised to make a run. florida is in second place. arizona is in the lower end of the league in payroll and are in first, although their division is awful.

SPATCH 07-08-2008 05:59 PM

And with that...

so goes the cardinals hopes for the playoffs... these are AL studs that will rape and pillage their way through NL lineups

Fairplay 07-08-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4835635)
Keep dreaming.

I like to call it fantasizing actually when it comes to the cubs.

Frazod 07-08-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 4835641)
And with that...

so goes the cardinals hopes for the playoffs... these are AL studs that will rape and pillage their way through NL lineups

You sound just like every other fucking reerun I have to endure all day long, who is convinced that teams that haven't won shit in decades are suddenly world beaters because of the addition of one guy. :whackit:

Coach 07-08-2008 06:07 PM

Keep in mind that Gaudin is also a very solid ball player. Would make a good long-man or a spot-starter for the Cubs.

SPATCH 07-08-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4835656)
You sound just like every other fucking reerun I have to endure all day long, who is convinced that teams that haven't won shit in decades are suddenly world beaters because of the addition of one guy. :whackit:

the cubs have been the class of the NL the entire year.. you're an idiot if you think you can rely on the curse of the billy goat, or whatever, to bail your asses out again this year..

this isn't the NL Central of the last few years where you could just suck the least and make the playoffs

Coach 07-08-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4835635)
Keep dreaming. All those expensive parts will make for one terrific crash when it call comes apart.

As usual.

I don't know. This Cubs team is pretty much loaded with the players that they have.

Lineup:
LF Soriano
RF Fukudome
1B Lee
3B Ramirez
C Soto
2B DeRosa
CF Edmonds/Johnson
SS Theriot

Bench:
Ward
Johnson/Edmonds
Fontenot
Blanco
Cedeno

Rotation:
Zambrano
Harden
Lilly
Dempster
Marquis

Bullpen:
Gaudin
Lieber
Wuertz
Marmol
Wood
Howry
Eyre

This team has alot of solid players in almost all positions, with a solid 1-3 rotation starters, and a very strong bullpen, especially at Marmol and Wood.

eazyb81 07-08-2008 06:13 PM

Wow, Cubs gave up a lot for a pitcher that can't stay healthy.

Coach 07-08-2008 06:15 PM

Also, Harden will be under the Cubs control after the end of this season, since the Cubs have a 2009 $7 million club option.

SPATCH 07-08-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 4835672)
Wow, Cubs gave up a lot for a pitcher that can't stay healthy.

are you serious??

and don't underestimate the importance of gaudin in the deal.... the cubs are huge winners in this one imo

Ultra Peanut 07-08-2008 06:19 PM

That was fast.

I hate to lose Gallagher, I wish Murton nothing but the best and I'm glad he's in the league he's better-suited for, E-Pat never had a chance in Chicago, and Donaldson could be a really good player at some point. But Harden and Gaudin are awesome additions, and well worth the trade pieces.

God knows Beane isn't going to get snookered, but it looks like a win-win deal at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 4835562)
One concern: Harden is already injury prone. The bad mojo over the years of Prior and Wood may end up killing Rich in some freak accident.

http://i38.tinypic.com/x5w9y0.jpg