ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Official HERM MUST BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY Reasoning and Statistics Repository*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199316)

BigRedChief 12-29-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPote (Post 5336149)
The local newspaper in Columbus had a quote from Herm on the top of the sports page.

"Practice always goes well. It's those games we have trouble with." Herm Edwards, coach of the 2-13 Chiefs, who end their season Sunday playing the Bengals.
:banghead:

:hmmm:

Dave Lane 12-29-2008 10:55 AM

Quote:

The local newspaper in Columbus had a quote from Herm on the top of the sports page.

"Practice always goes well. It's those games we have trouble with." Herm Edwards, coach of the 2-13 Chiefs, who end their season Sunday playing the Bengals.

Holy crap did he really say that OMFG!!!

Chief Pote 12-29-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 5336174)

Yup....link, check the bottom of the page.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/search/...rtBy=relevancy

MikeMaslowski 12-29-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 5336174)

I bet Larry runs through our front 7 and Thiggy tears apart our secondary..

We Play to Win in Practice....

Buehler445 12-29-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefPote (Post 5336201)
Yup....link, check the bottom of the page.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/search/...rtBy=relevancy

****ing Christ Herm is a giant waste of space.

I added that to the list.

Here's the Link

kcchuck 12-29-2008 11:11 AM

We can't run the ball, we can't stop the run, he was brought into "fix" the defense, THREE FREAKING YEARS AGO!

Lzen 12-29-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Herm decided to punt to Peyton Manning with 3:30 left on THIRD DOWN instead of seeing what his appointed QBOTF who played well to that point had.
What was this?

Buehler445 12-29-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5336339)
What was this?

2007 game at Indy. Here were my initial thoughts....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 4438570)
I know when I lost my faith in Herm. It was in this year's Indy game. It was 3rd and 18 with 7:35 left in the game. Herm ran a draw play for 2 yards. As soon as I saw Kolby take the ball, I screamed at the TV, "You are punting to Peyton Manning you ****ing idiot!" and Manning took all the time and won the game.

Yeah, lots of coaches run the ball on third and long, but punting to Manning with the game on the line is a collosal mistake. All to gain 2 yards for your punter. You have to nut up and take a shot. If you take a sack for 5 yards, your kicker has to kick it 7 additoinal yards oh god! You have to ****ing try to win the game. You just have to.

To that point, I had put up with his BS, even though starting Huard pissed me off to no end. But that was it. There is most definitely a time to run the ball, play for field position, and let your defense do your thing. But there is also a time to exercise intestinal fortitude, put the ball in your playmakers hands and try to win the game.

Herm may make a decent coach someday, but at this point, he isn't it. All we can hope for is a offensive genius, because I don't think he's headed anywhere soon.

acesn8s 12-29-2008 11:43 AM

He couldn't even provide a def. or off. line that was worth a flip. They can't run the ball or provide enough protection for a pocket passing QB. They cant stop the run or put any pressure on the opposing QB. The game is won or lost on that line. 9-7 with Vermeil's line but only 6-26 with his own.

R&GHomer 12-29-2008 11:45 AM

I was on the fence yesterday morning. But if he can't get his team to play better against the Bengals, then screw him. Time to move on. The only coach that should remain is Gailey

SCTrojan 12-29-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 5335952)
These are all good reasons, but i only need one:

2-23.

Game over. Herm seems like a good guy, and the players seem to rally to him, but this thing has got to be blown up.

Buehler445 12-29-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCTrojan (Post 5336438)
Game over. Herm seems like a good guy, and the players seem to rally to him, but this thing has got to be blown up.

I view it more like taken out behind the barn and beat to death with a shovel.

Hammock Parties 12-29-2008 03:26 PM

Add Hali to RDE
Herm also punted to Drew Brees instead of going for a short fourth down in opponents' territory with the game winding down

Reerun_KC 12-29-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

That is great can you give us a link? Please?

blueballs 12-29-2008 03:41 PM

Herm is left out hanging in the breeze
dangling completely unprotected
I'm surprised some ain't enjoying the hell out of that