ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If there was any doubt Belichik was running the show all along in New England (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206806)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5718563)
Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third down picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

Bad poster, bad reference. Cool it please. Bad typo, tighten it up.

Now, let's get to the take itself:

This take is right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, right, and right again.

Did I mention this take is correct? Quite so.

Brock 04-27-2009 11:05 AM

"Scott Jewoli"

What do you mean by that exactly?

Frankie 04-27-2009 11:06 AM

OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12. Right now Pioli is God to some of the posters and your blasphemy will cost you mass stoning by the zealots here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 5718770)
It is not a typo. Think about it DCS.

I'm not saying it is right, but it is not a typo.

He's changed it to "third round picks". Good enough.

Delano 04-27-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5718791)
He's changed it to "third round picks". Good enough.

Sorry. :doh!:

the Talking Can 04-27-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5718780)
OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12.

because the point is stupid...obviously stupid

the Pats had a bunch of picks coming in...we had a #3 that no one wanted

you'd have to be reeruned to not understand the simple difference

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 11:12 AM

Shit draft, backup QB; deal with it.

Fritz88 04-27-2009 11:13 AM

You have some points but I am still ridin' with Paley and Hioli and see where they take me next year

Lzen 04-27-2009 11:17 AM

Good Lord. The draft sure has brought out the reeruns. Give it time.

kstater 04-27-2009 11:17 AM

Ignoring the total absurdity of the entire post, I'll say this. It's slightly easier to trade out of a mid 20's pick than trade out of a top 3 pick. They didn't have a 2nd round pick because they used that second round pick on what they believe to be a franchise QB. I don't know where you're getting your information, but they did have a 3rd round pick.

crazychiefsfan 04-27-2009 11:19 AM

Stupid:shake:

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5718563)
Those doubts should be erased now. In this years draft Belichik manages to trade down and pick up 2 additional 2nd round picks (in addition to the 2 he already had) and 3 additional third rounders. He then parlays those picks into a good young strong safety, future nose tackle, starting cornerback, receiver, return man, and multiple good young lineman, in addition to two additional second rounders next year.

Meanwhile, all Scott Jewoli can muster out of his first day is a 50 million dollar 5 technique. No second round picks. No third round picks. No nothing. All he can muster out of his second day is maybe another halfway decent 5 technique. NO quality offensive lineman. No inside linebackers. No pass rushers. No quality receivers.

If that weren't bad enough rumors are he's now ready to give a contract with 36.5 million guaranteed to a guy who bears eery resemblance to the next Scott Mitchell.

I thought the Chiefs were supposed to be the rebuilding team that needed lots of good young football players at multiple positions?

If nothing else it appears Pioli evidently didn't learn everything from his master.

Cue the homers who wanna make every excuse under the sun or find ways to believe we had a better draft then the pats, I'll call it the way I see it.

I am not going to say the Chiefs had a better draft than the Pats.

But, this draft resembles much of what the Pats have done. The Pats didn't trade down when they had the chance to draft Seymore.

The drafted defensive linemen in the first round for three straight years. That was one of their biggest priorities.

The Chiefs were able to a very good one in round one, and another one that should be another very solid prospect.

Pioli got a second round pick out of an aging TE. He got a franchise QB for a second round pick that teams like Denver and Detroit were both willing to pay more for.

Long ways to go, but so far, pretty happy with what he as done.

htismaqe 04-27-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan (Post 5718881)
The Pats didn't trade down when they had the chance to draft Seymore.

Actually, didn't they trade UP?

Micjones 04-27-2009 11:42 AM

Racially insensitive remarks are constantly thrown around on this forum.
But this one struck a chord? Wow...

SenselessChiefsFan 04-27-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5718890)
Actually, didn't they trade UP?

I thought they traded up for either Seymore, Wilfork or the third guy that I can't freaking remember right this second... Are you freaking kidding me... why can't I remember this guys name.

Ugh. Anyways, I think they traded up for ONE of those guys, but not sure.