ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Incident at P&L District shocks DJ Jazzy Jeff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=208730)

stevieray 06-08-2009 08:23 AM

clubbing is overrated...too many posers....and prices for drinks...?

the hell with that..rip someone else off.

Demonpenz 06-08-2009 08:28 AM

I like to take my 30,000 dollars and work out all day long just to get bombed and wear sandles, button down shirt and extra spikey hair all its like minor league dankcman! I have no problem with the dog and pony show down there actually. Good for them I rarely take my money out of lenexa these days though

Micjones 06-08-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5824360)
[B][I]
I would go as far as saying that most of the black people complaining about this so called racism at the PL district, DON'T pay taxes. But thats just me.

I love the idea that there's some large contingent of Black people who are speaking out against Cordish's business practices that've found a way to circumvent being taxed.

This seriously calls your credibility into question CoMo.

Quote:

Who can blame them though? They're revamping that entire side of the city and they don't want it to completely and immediately turn into what Westport has become, which has been take over by crime and drug addicts and gangs.
Unfortunately, when you're being subsidized by some of the very people you'd like to exclude you can't play the "picking and choosing" game.

Nzoner 06-08-2009 08:30 AM

A week ago Friday P&L had Liverpool,the Beatles cover band there and it wasn't just good it was excellent,too bad I had the bad experience with the margarita or it would have been a perfect evening.

Demonpenz 06-08-2009 08:34 AM

awe yeah

wutamess 06-08-2009 08:34 AM

Quote:

I would go as far as saying that most of the black people complaining about this so called racism at the PL district, DON'T pay taxes. But thats just me.

That is just DUMB! Hate to turn this into a race thread but ignorance is ignorance. And you wonder why black people play victim... It's because YOU think we're nothing but government assisted filth. You're THAT GUY that fuels the issues with your stereotypes! You're too young to be THAT ignorant.

I know... You probably have black friends.

Quote:

Who can blame them though? They're revamping that entire side of the city and they don't want it to completely and immediately turn into what Westport has become, which has been take over by crime and drug addicts and gangs.

Another ignorant statement. It's not the Plaza but it's not The Wire either. EVERYBODY can still go there and have a great time without having to look over your shoulder the entire time.

~ Thought you were better than that.

Fairplay 06-08-2009 08:37 AM

This Friday at the P@L district is wear your bling day.

blaise 06-08-2009 08:38 AM

They should have had Carlton come down and spin records.

wild1 06-08-2009 08:40 AM

I don't think the dress code is racist if it's applied to everyone equally. it's a good thing if you ask me.

As far as Jazzy Jeff goes... right, they didn't want hip hop played, that's why they booked you at great expense.

I don't buy it. I think they probably asked him to turn it down to avoid damaging the sound system just like they say, but he and his crew took it as disrespect to them and stormed off. Punk MFers trying to ban hip hop.... right...

wild1 06-08-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 5824424)
EVERYBODY can still go [to westport] and have a great time without having to look over your shoulder the entire time.

until sundown

Phobia 06-08-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 5824424)
That is just DUMB! Hate to turn this into a race thread but ignorance is ignorance. And you wonder why black people play victim... It's because YOU think we're nothing but government assisted filth. You're THAT GUY that fuels the issues with your stereotypes! You're too young to be THAT ignorant.

I know... You probably have black friends.

Another ignorant statement. It's not the Plaza but it's not The Wire either. EVERYBODY can still go there and have a great time without having to look over your shoulder the entire time.

~ Thought you were better than that.

He's being an idiot. The only way somebody could avoid taxes is to move to Montana and live off the land. That's why I ignored it. You should too.

Phobia 06-08-2009 08:45 AM

I agree with most here. There's no chance Cordish would book an R&B act if they didn't want R&B played. I'm no fan of Cordish or the P&L but I buy the explanation of the rich white guy this time.

Micjones 06-08-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 5824440)
I don't think the dress code is racist if it's applied to everyone equally. it's a good thing if you ask me.

As far as Jazzy Jeff goes... right, they didn't want hip hop played, that's why they booked you at great expense.

I don't buy it. I think they probably asked him to turn it down to avoid damaging the sound system just like they say, but he and his crew took it as disrespect to them and stormed off. Punk MFers trying to ban hip hop.... right...

Anyone with an ounce of experience and knowledge on the subject realizes that Jon Stephens' explanation of what took place is a load of shit.

You simply don't invest $500,000 into a soundsystem without also putting safety features in place to protect it. Compressors, limiters, etc. I'm sorry, but after having 12 hours to circle the wagons that was the lamest excuse he could've come up with.

Deberg_1990 06-08-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wild1 (Post 5824440)

It sounds like a communication problem between Jazzy Jeff and the P&L people more than anything.

Lets hope both parties cool off and try and try to re-establish open communcation again.

Hopefully its not too late....

Deberg_1990 06-08-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5824452)
Anyone with an ounce of experience and knowledge on the subject realizes that Jon Stephens' explanation of what took place is a load of shit.

You simply don't invest $500,000 into a soundsystem without also putting safety features in place to protect it. Compressors, limiters, etc. I'm sorry, but after having 12 hours to circle the wagons that was the lamest excuse he could've come up with.

Why would you book a hip hop artist only to boot him off mid set because you dont like the type of music he plays? Doesnt compute??