ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Anybody own a Mercedes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222267)

cdirty 01-23-2010 11:37 AM

http://www.drivingsports.com/site/wp...i2-640x480.jpg

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2010 05:13 PM

Well the dealership helped me make my decision, it got sold last night. Worked out fine for me anyways - matience was my biggest compliant on them, I'm not a big mechanic type but I got a very nice SUV for the same price as the Benz so I am happy.

Pants 01-23-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 6471757)
Well the dealership helped me make my decision, it got sold last night. Worked out fine for me anyways - matience was my biggest compliant on them, I'm not a big mechanic type but I got a very nice SUV for the same price as the Benz so I am happy.

Nooooo! What did you end up getting?

ChiefsCountry 01-23-2010 05:24 PM

The Mercedes was a C Class, the SUV I got was a Pontiac Torrent. Which I know big difference in name, but the loaded features it had in it was identical to the Buick and Cadillac versions I looked at, expect cost which was 1/3 less. A big drop in name but I got alot better bang for my buck IMO.

DaneMcCloud 01-23-2010 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 6470504)
I am looking at buying one, just wondered if anybody has one/had one. Any postives, negatives, etc.

I had a 2005 ML350 Special Edition for 42 months (Leased - I always lease).

Pros: Incredible vehicle. Great exterior paint, extremely nice leather, big, roomy, comfortable. Amazing ride. Couldn't even feel the road (and our roads suck in SoCal). Very, very quiet. Excellent sound system (11 speakers plus a sub-woofer). I felt like I owned the road.

Cons: Terrible gas mileage. Maybe 9 miles to the gallon in Los Angeles traffic. In three years, I only put on 17,800 miles but I had to have the brakes replaced twice, at a cost of $600.00 in each instance (and it needed another brake job when I turned it in). A 6,000 pound vehicle in constant start and strop traffic will cause you to have your brakes routinely replace.

Also, bad features. Whereas my wife's 2004 Lexus RX330 had voice activated blue tooth phone, voice activated navigation and more, the Mercedes had no bluetooth, and no voice activated navigation. The nav system pretty much sucked ass. I looked the 2008 Mercedes ML350 and they didn't have a voice-activated system then either, so I went with the RX350.

If it's not a new model, be sure to take it to a dealer to run through it before buying. Repairs can be very pricey.

Good luck!

Demonpenz 01-23-2010 06:38 PM

I got a lap dance from a black girls named mercedes once, the pussy stains on my jean shorts lasted until passover

JD10367 01-23-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6470815)
you own a Smart car? LOL

Yes. I'd explain the car's benefits, but I don't waste time on judgemental morons who need to drive something large to offset their tiny penises.

rad 01-23-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6471996)
Yes. I'd explain the car's benefits, but I don't waste time on judgemental morons who need to drive something large to offset their tiny penises.

Hey, not everyone can be hung like JD10367......

JD10367 01-23-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 6472056)
Hey, not everyone can be hung like JD10367......

I just dislike people with preconceived, biased notions. I don't care if it's racist, sexist, dislike of a particular car, cruise line, city, country, TV show, whatever. If you can't be bothered to investigate it for yourself, you're a f**king moron and I don't have time to waste on you.

And, yeah, I like driving it 'cause I have to roll down the window and hang my penis out 'cause the car's shorter than the penis. :D

Simply Red 01-23-2010 07:21 PM

I owned an 03 S-500, it's aight, nothing like the lil' whip I have now.

rad 01-23-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 6472059)
I just dislike people with preconceived, biased notions. I don't care if it's racist, sexist, dislike of a particular car, cruise line, city, country, TV show, whatever. If you can't be bothered to investigate it for yourself, you're a f**king moron and I don't have time to waste on you.

And, yeah, I like driving it 'cause I have to roll down the window and hang my penis out 'cause the car's shorter than the penis. :D

Check with your insurance company, you may have to put it on as a 2nd driver.

Skip Towne 01-23-2010 07:40 PM

If GoChiefs has a Mercedes, I have 2 Mercedes.

DaneMcCloud 01-23-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 6470815)
you own a Smart car? LOL

Smart Cars are bad ass

JD10367 01-23-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6472119)
Smart Cars are bad ass

Just last night, I said to some friends, "Hey, you know the 'homiez' sound system you see in cars? Like the ones in L.A., with a giant wall of speakers in the trunk and backseat? If I put those in the back of the Smart, I bet I could actually propel the car with sound waves. Every bass thump would shove the car down the road." :D

King_Chief_Fan 01-23-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6471858)
I had a 2005 ML350 Special Edition for 42 months (Leased - I always lease).

Pros: Incredible vehicle. Great exterior paint, extremely nice leather, big, roomy, comfortable. Amazing ride. Couldn't even feel the road (and our roads suck in SoCal). Very, very quiet. Excellent sound system (11 speakers plus a sub-woofer). I felt like I owned the road.

Cons: Terrible gas mileage. Maybe 9 miles to the gallon in Los Angeles traffic. In three years, I only put on 17,800 miles but I had to have the brakes replaced twice, at a cost of $600.00 in each instance (and it needed another brake job when I turned it in). A 6,000 pound vehicle in constant start and strop traffic will cause you to have your brakes routinely replace.

Also, bad features. Whereas my wife's 2004 Lexus RX330 had voice activated blue tooth phone, voice activated navigation and more, the Mercedes had no bluetooth, and no voice activated navigation. The nav system pretty much sucked ass. I looked the 2008 Mercedes ML350 and they didn't have a voice-activated system then either, so I went with the RX350.

If it's not a new model, be sure to take it to a dealer to run through it before buying. Repairs can be very pricey.

Good luck!

I have the same model Mercedes as you....different results. First break job was at 40K, same as tires. St. Louis driving not quite as bad as LA