ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Mountain Lion sighting.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230457)

InChiefsHeaven 07-08-2010 08:57 PM

We've had a few wander into Omaha from the West in recent years. It's weird, it's almost like a ghost story...nobody ever gets a picture, or it's really shitty grainy video...but there have been a couple of wandering males confirmed here.

btlook1 07-08-2010 09:11 PM

For the people interested in the confirmed sightings of cougars heres a web site where they track all of this stuff.

http://www.easterncougarnet.org/breakingnews.html

alanm 07-08-2010 09:32 PM

Quite common out here in the Bluffs. But I live in Western Ne. close to the Wyoming border. I would think Missouri would be out of their range. :eek: Omaha too for that matter.

Buehler445 07-08-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 6868800)
Quite common out here in the Bluffs. But I live in Western Ne. close to the Wyoming border. I would think Missouri would be out of their range. :eek: Omaha too for that matter.

I was in Sidney when they killed one in Scottsbluff. I saw the picture where the goddamn thing was chillin on the deck watching the family eat breakfast. UNCOOL.

There was one in Scott County. The Fish and Game ****ers said they didn't come out here. But they were incorrect. No one has seen it in a couple years. Hopefully it is gone.

Beautiful animals though. I just wish they couldn't kill me so goddamn easily.

Vette on Route 66 07-08-2010 11:03 PM

When mountain lions encounter people, I root for the cougars in that match up. Sorry people, I just like taking the underdog. The ones that don't have the fire arms.

GoHuge 07-09-2010 01:20 AM

Saw one when I was 14 while deer hunting and still hunting with a bow. Sat down in a good spot were the deer usually run through in the evening. Heard leaves smashing around and thought it was a deer close by. I already had a arrow knocked so I was ready to go. This damn thing came out of nowhere and was only about 30 yards away. I wanted to shoot the damn thing to be able to tell and show people that in MS and KS they are here. If i'd have been in a tree stand I would have been OK, but dude was right there! I finally decided I was going to at least fling an arrow at him, but I was so damn nervous or scared that I couldn't pull my bow back. When I got back to the lodge my dad said I was green. First one I have seen in the and what shocked me was the size of the body. I was walking out of the woods witch can be a long walk to the truck

InChiefsHeaven 07-09-2010 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette on Route 66 (Post 6869107)
When mountain lions encounter people, I root for the cougars in that match up. Sorry people, I just like taking the underdog. The ones that don't have the fire arms.

I guess you better hope you never meet one then. you'd have to root against yourself.

****ing idiot.

Sofa King 07-09-2010 07:47 AM

Those ****ing things are starting to show up all around here.... a bunch of sightings out at the golf course...

Makes me seriously consider carrying a handgun with me when i bow hunt.... but at least i've never crossed paths with one.... which is weird considering all the coyote hunting we do..... usually cover ALOT of ground those days...

Lzen 07-09-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btlook1 (Post 6868719)
For the people interested in the confirmed sightings of cougars heres a web site where they track all of this stuff.

http://www.easterncougarnet.org/breakingnews.html

They don't show that mountain lions are confirmed in Kansas. I know for a fact that they are in NE Kansas.

Radar Chief 07-09-2010 08:05 AM

Two sightings.
One was in North East Oklahoma, just north of Vinita as I was leaving Grand Lake for home there was a road kill one laying off to the side of 59 Highway.
Another was while road testing radar about 5 miles north of Altoona, KS on 75 Highway where I was parked on a hill I like to test from because I can see and track targets for over 3 miles on a good day.
This one crossed the road behind me, walking out into the middle of the highway and paused to stare at my car for a few moments before continuing across and disappearing into the woods beside the highway.
I’ve seen several deer crossing in that same place, BTW.

OmahaChief 07-09-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge39 (Post 6869271)
Saw one when I was 14 while deer hunting and still hunting with a bow. Sat down in a good spot were the deer usually run through in the evening. Heard leaves smashing around and thought it was a deer close by. I already had a arrow knocked so I was ready to go. This damn thing came out of nowhere and was only about 30 yards away. I wanted to shoot the damn thing to be able to tell and show people that in MS and KS they are here. If i'd have been in a tree stand I would have been OK, but dude was right there! I finally decided I was going to at least fling an arrow at him, but I was so damn nervous or scared that I couldn't pull my bow back. When I got back to the lodge my dad said I was green. First one I have seen in the and what shocked me was the size of the body. I was walking out of the woods witch can be a long walk to the truck

Why do you care about showing the people in Mississippi there are mountain lions around?

kcfanXIII 07-09-2010 08:17 AM

you are right, MDC is real sluggish to admit the predator population in mo is growing. they just this year advised people to beware of the rising black bear population, and they will never admit to having mountain lions here...

Old Dog 07-09-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 6869405)
They don't show that mountain lions are confirmed in Kansas. I know for a fact that they are in NE Kansas.

If you look at the link, there have been confirmed sightings in Kansas.
While there are only two detailed listings, it is easy to believe if there's one or more confirmed there are many more out there.
http://www.cougarnet.org/prairiestates.html

ChiefsOne 07-09-2010 09:09 AM

I have seen a Mountain Lion with her two kittens and two black panthers on different occasions. This was in southern Missouri on the Arkansas line.

Reerun_KC 07-09-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 6869096)
I was in Sidney when they killed one in Scottsbluff. I saw the picture where the goddamn thing was chillin on the deck watching the family eat breakfast. UNCOOL.

There was one in Scott County. The Fish and Game ****ers said they didn't come out here. But they were incorrect. No one has seen it in a couple years. Hopefully it is gone.

Beautiful animals though. I just wish they couldn't kill me so goddamn easily.

You have enough padding to survive 3-4 attacks from a cougar.... No your boy Curtis (cougar toy) on the other had.... ROFL