ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink walnuts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264649)

Rain Man 10-04-2012 01:14 PM

It seems like you could invent a walnut-shooting gun and then open a walnut shooting range. You make the guns with the right amount of power to break the shells without ruining the nut.

People come and pay you money to shoot walnuts at targets, and at the end of the day you go to the targets and pick up the shelled walnuts. Maybe you even offer a contract for someone else to pick them up and sell them, and you make money on both ends.

BeMyValentine 10-04-2012 01:19 PM

Uses

Advertise them to some trappers. They use them to dye their traps black.

Or jack your car up so you have about an inch between the tires and the ground. Have someone gun it and you feed them in between. They go flying but you get the walnut out.

tooge 10-04-2012 01:20 PM

maybe we could stamp pioli's face in them with an x through it and drop them from an airplane. Anyone wanna donate?

R8RFAN 10-04-2012 01:22 PM

Sell em at the road unless they are everywhere where you live or take em to the farmers market and sell them to a vendor

Bump 10-04-2012 01:24 PM

I'll come and take them off of your hands for $20. I walnut take any less.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-04-2012 01:27 PM

You have walnut trees IN your house?

FAX 10-04-2012 01:27 PM

Drop them from an airplane. That should work.

Actually, now that I think on it, people in KS used to spread them out on roads and driveways and the cars would de-huskerate them. You got the added benefit of hearing this weird crunching sound, too. Like you were driving over the dried bones of Chiefs season ticket holders.

FAX

ghak99 10-04-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8976872)
I'll come and take them off of your hands for $20. I walnut take any less.

Can the hulls be smoked?

Bump 10-04-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8976886)
Can the hulls be smoked?

no but I'm about to make some pot brownies and walnuts would be so bomb in it right now!

seclark 10-04-2012 01:29 PM

we used to just pile them in the gravel driveway and let the car/truck run over them for a couple months.

i've got them all over my timber. people tell me that if they're straight and tall enough, they're worth a lot of $$$. guy i work with says he bought 40 acres of timber, sold the walnut trees off and paid for it.

damn things are hell on mower blades, though.
sec

Bump 10-04-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 8976894)
we used to just pile them in the gravel driveway and let the car/truck run over them for a couple months.

i've got them all over my timber. people tell me that if they're straight and tall enough, they're worth a lot of $$$. guy i work with says he bought 40 acres of timber, sold the walnut trees off and paid for it.

sec

don't sell them. A food resource like that would be great if the shit hits the fan.

ghak99 10-04-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 8976894)

sec

They are still fairly valuable if you market them correctly. The two generations before me used walnut trees as financial saviors in the 80's and as a means to gather up down payments when expanding farms. As long as you replant them and aren't in a hurry, money really does grow on trees.

seclark 10-04-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 8976906)
They are still fairly valuable if you market them correctly. The two generations before me used walnut trees as financial saviors in the 80's and as a means to gather up down payments when expanding farms. As long as you replant them and aren't in a hurry, money really does grow on trees.

yeah, i've thought about selling mine, but i figure when they cut down one walnut, they're going to screw up all the hickories and oaks surrounding them. don't really want to damage the surrounding timber.
sec

R8RFAN 10-04-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8976899)
don't sell them. A food resource like that would be great if the shit hits the fan.

If you don't get the husk off of them they will rot

ghak99 10-04-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8976892)
no but I'm about to make some pot brownies and walnuts would be so bomb in it right now!

LMAO