ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hire Brad Childress as offensive assistant. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271557)

DTLB58 03-28-2013 03:28 PM

Good. I think he will help Doug Pederson while Andy focuses on the whole team.

listopencil 03-28-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9536068)
Why does this mean Geno?

Or are we just yelling Geno these days. If that's the case, I'm cool with it, I just need some advanced notice.

Quote:

Spread Game Analyst/Special Projects.
Childress isn't going to be the OC so he's not going to be calling plays for the current KC QB (that could change but address that if/when it happens). So...what would his job be? To teach Smith how to run a Spread Offense? Seems unlikely. To install a Spread Offense? Installing an Offense is usually the OC's job. What role would require a specific knowledge of the Spread in the context of "Special Projects"? One obvious possibility would be bringing Geno Smith up to NFL speed in a system that he is used to, and might make the most of his abilities.

RyFo18 03-28-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9536087)
Walter White's gonna cook us up some wins!

I see I'm not the only one who thought they looked similar. Long lost brothers.

In58men 03-28-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 9536075)
"Spread Game Analyst"

Ermmmm.....

@caplannfl: Chiefs are calling the role(s) for Childress as: Spread Game Analyst/Special Projects. Interesting title, role(s).

pr_capone 03-28-2013 03:42 PM

http://www.minnpost.com/sites/defaul...9m1/ssc9m1.jpg

Braincase 03-28-2013 03:43 PM

FUUUUUUUUU........

mcaj22 03-28-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9536093)
Childress isn't going to be the OC so he's not going to be calling plays for the current KC QB (that could change but address that if/when it happens). So...what would his job be? To teach Smith how to run a Spread Offense? Seems unlikely. To install a Spread Offense? Installing an Offense is usually the OC's job. What role would require a specific knowledge of the Spread in the context of "Special Projects"? One obvious possibility would be bringing Geno Smith up to NFL speed in a system that he is used to, and might make the most of his abilities.

Chilly is the insurance policy for if and when the first year OC, first year QB coach and Alex Smith all fail and have a miserable season.

Chilly is the out that keeps Reid safe and they can go get a young QB and do their thing

Tribal Warfare 03-28-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9536093)

of course Alex Smith use to be a spread QB in college too

Reaper16 03-28-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9536133)
of course Alex Smith use to be a spread QB in college too

True.

Not that this has anything to do with Chilly, but to be precise about their spread backgrounds, Alex Smith played in Urban Meyer's read-option system, while Geno played in the Air Raid.

KCUnited 03-28-2013 03:53 PM

Loved him in Simon & Simon, Designing Women not so much.

chefsos 03-28-2013 03:54 PM

Keep in mind that it took a while for Jake and Elwood to get "Guitar" Murphy, and that worked out pretty well. Other than the whole "thrown in jail" part anyway.

Hootie 03-28-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9536068)
Why does this mean Geno?

Or are we just yelling Geno these days. If that's the case, I'm cool with it, I just need some advanced notice.

My new pipe dream is for us to draft him, and for Reid to be like "we really think he is the future of Kansas City"...

and then 10 minutes later trade him to the highest bidder

the meltdown on this board would be so epic it would be worth it

Tribal Warfare 03-28-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9536146)
True.

Not that this has anything to do with Chilly, but to be precise about their spread backgrounds, Alex Smith played in Urban Meyer's read-option system, while Geno played in the Air Raid.

and of course Daniel was/is a spread guy too

Mr_Tomahawk 03-28-2013 03:55 PM

Why does this mean Geno...?

Easy 6 03-28-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9536151)
Loved him in Simon & Simon, Designing Women not so much.

YOU BASTARD! i was gonna make a Major Dad reference.