ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alright, **** you guys, I'm putting this out there. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272722)

AustinChief 05-02-2013 04:14 PM

This idea is stupid on too many levels to address in one post.

You want to play Fisher at RT for a year then trade him expecting to get a 1st round pick? A 1st round pick that most teams would only use on a LEFT tackle? A 1st round pick that any team could use on any number of high quality LEFT tackles who would be a year younger and overall cheaper?

This idea is a complete abortion. You are the Kermit Gosnell of football talk right now.

Rasputin 05-02-2013 04:15 PM

Lost me @ trading Fisher after one season. Although in theory you maybe onto something clever, but who does that? Who drafts a player 1.1 and trades him after a year?

Rain Man 05-02-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9653335)
This is a better idea than Direckshun's.

Thank you. I've been thinking about it for a while. I suspect that the Eagle will be doing it with Lane Johnson, too.

patteeu 05-02-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9653334)
Troll level: patteeu.

Sorry. This wasn't a serious idea was it?

Is this one of those stoner ideas that seems so profound while you're high?

RealSNR 05-02-2013 04:16 PM

I posted a brilliant response in the other thread. You ignored it. Like a Joeckel-sucking bitch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9651850)
Eh. We already bought the shitty package of 16 crayons. The nice box with 96 different colors and the built-in sharpener might be on sale, but I really doubt the store is going to accept a return on a box of crayons. We've got the 16, so we may as well use them. Maybe if we ask mommy instead of daddy, we can get some more money to go buy the 96 box so our idyllic pastoral landscape we're drawing doesn't look like a piece of shit. Then at least we're stocked up on the really important colors like the dark green, brown, black, and both shades of blue.

Fat Elvis 05-02-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9653302)
I suggested something that obviously won't happen, and I got panned for it.

This deserves it's own thread.

Tying up Albert long-term on the left hand side would certainly lock down the LT position for years to come.

That does, of course, mean that we spent the 1st rounder on Fisher, who is now a RT for, possibly, ever.

Let's turn that 1st into some value. People aren't going to trade a 2nd for Albert, but I bet we can land a 1st rounder for Fisher after this season is over.

We can use that 2nd 1st rounder to trade up for the QB we want, or just draft two skill position players or give our front seven elite potential.

Now, of course, this will never happen. But hypothetical shit like this is what the Planet was made for.

Think this is a crazy idea?

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-con...Gladiator1.jpg

THEN BRING IT, BITCHES

You're with the Tea Party, right?

Rasputin 05-02-2013 04:17 PM

The other flaw is if something happened to B Albert like if his back goes out then we are screwed with out a LT or RT.

Direckshun 05-02-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9653336)
This idea is stupid on too many levels to address in one post.

You want to play Fisher at RT for a year then trade him expecting to get a 1st round pick? A 1st round pick that most teams would only use on a LEFT tackle? A 1st round pick that any team could use on any number of high quality LEFT tackles who would be a year younger and overall cheaper?

This idea is a complete abortion. You are the Kermit Gosnell of football talk right now.

Fisher is still a LT, whether we play him at RT or not.

Direckshun 05-02-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9653339)
Lost me @ trading Fisher after one season. Although in theory you maybe onto something clever, but who does that? Who drafts a player 1.1 and trades him after a year?

Somebody thinking outside the box.

Direckshun 05-02-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9653343)
Sorry. This wasn't a serious idea was it?

Is this one of those stoner ideas that seems so profound while you're high?

It honestly might be.

Nah, I offer it as a serious idea, though I acknowledge it is unusual.

Direckshun 05-02-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9653344)
I posted a brilliant response in the other thread. You ignored it. Like a Joeckel-sucking bitch.

ROFL

ROFL

ROFL

Direckshun 05-02-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9653345)
You're with the Tea Party, right?

LMAO

lcarus 05-02-2013 04:37 PM

According to Reid, Fisher can play any position on the line well. So technically we spent the pick on a beast offensive lineman who can play wherever he is needed the most at the time. It's certainly not going to propel us to a Super Bowl contending team, but I just hope he is a really good player so the pick isn't a waste, regardless of where we picked him in the round. Having a good offensive line is certainly a nice asset, as we saw in the Vermeil years.

TribalElder 05-02-2013 04:38 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HIIdf.jpg

Rasputin 05-02-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9653349)
Somebody thinking outside the box?

FYP you forgot to post it in the form of a question like they do in jeopardy.

Oh the bet hasn't started yet my bad.