ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football New offseason schedule (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273210)

siberian khatru 05-20-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9694628)
I'm still pissed it starts on Thursday night :cuss:

Me too. Draft Saturdays used to be so much more fun.

saphojunkie 05-20-2013 02:28 PM

There are currently five teams on west coast time, with a possible sixth moving into the second largest TV market in the country. Quit putting shit in primetime during the week, when we're all ****ing stuck at work.

**** you.

In58men 05-20-2013 02:34 PM

@AdamSchefter: Looks like 2014 NFL draft will be held May 15-17. In 2015 and 2016, league year would start early March, combine mid-March.

Still on Thursday

jAZ 05-20-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9694687)
Because the NFL is constantly tweaking things that don't need to be tweaked. Because it is run by wildly successful businessmen who are incapable of just letting their product be successful. They have compulsive needs to work and advance and think that they must push their product and change it and improve it.

The draft was excellent. It started on Saturday morning and you spent your whole day watching. Even my wife - who despises football - would watch all day. It was awesome.

Now we're supposed to watch Thursday - at 4PM on the west coast, no less - like it's ****ing Frasier or Malcolm in the Middle. WTF is with this weekday primetime bullshit?

They are trying to make the NFL 7 days a week (lookout, CFB, saturdays are next...) and 365 days a year. They want a major event in each month. This would put the playoffs in January, Super Bowl in February, free agency in March, combine in April, Draft in May, Mini-camps in June (and roster cuts, FA 2.0), and training camp in July.

Ugh, just **** off, Goodell.

This sounds like the guy who suddenly hates the band because it got too popular. Yes, it's true. They are making moves without YOU in mind.

You have a right to be unhappy. But let's be honest. This is a trivial move.

Bump 05-20-2013 10:31 PM

lol

OH NOES CHANGE!!!

SCARED OF CHANGE!!

like it matters, it gives teams more time to scout. Players more time to work out and prepare for combine. It doesn't bother me.

but the main reason is to have 1 major thing per month for the NFL. NFL gets more exposure basically.

Dayze 05-21-2013 07:32 AM

the Thursday night draft idea was/is horrible.

Like others mentioned, when it was on Saturday/Sunday, it was an event at my house. BBQ, chips,dip, chains, whips; beer, music.

now it's just meh. I used to LOVE the draft and was into trying to learn as much as I could on potential Chiefs picks. Not anymore. I just sit down, watch probably the first 5-10 picks, then do something else.

I'd love it to go back to Saturday; they could move the draft to whenever they want, just put that shit back on Saturday.

AussieChiefsFan 05-21-2013 07:37 AM

Please for the love of god make the first round of the draft on a Friday/Saturday night.

chiefqueen 05-21-2013 04:35 PM

This is placating ESPN so they can televise the NBA playoffs so it appears.

chiefqueen 05-21-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9694715)
@AdamSchefter: Looks like 2014 NFL draft will be held May 15-17. In 2015 and 2016, league year would start early March, combine mid-March.

Still on Thursday

Will Goodell make the top seniors skip their college graduations so they can shake his hand?

Rasputin 05-21-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9696811)
the Thursday night draft idea was/is horrible.

Like others mentioned, when it was on Saturday/Sunday, it was an event at my house. BBQ, chips,dip, chains, whips; beer, music.

now it's just meh. I used to LOVE the draft and was into trying to learn as much as I could on potential Chiefs picks. Not anymore. I just sit down, watch probably the first 5-10 picks, then do something else.

I'd love it to go back to Saturday; they could move the draft to whenever they want, just put that shit back on Saturday.

I miss it starting on Saturdays. It was like waking up early and watch cartoons all day as a kid. It was the perfect day.

007 05-21-2013 04:52 PM

Just go back to doing the draft on Saturday.

Bump 05-21-2013 04:57 PM

I do agree though, draft Saturday was much much better