ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Seattle getting another attempt at beating KC's noise record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277466)

BigRedChief 10-15-2013 02:31 AM

Come on guys do we really give a shit about some lame ass Guiness record?

What we care about is that Arrowhead is loud and proud again, right?

That the crowd can truly effect the game again, right?

keg in kc 10-15-2013 02:34 AM

And if they break it, we get to try again on December 1st.

It's a PR dream for both Seattle and us.

007 10-15-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087872)
And if they break it, we get to try again on December 1st.

It's a PR dream for both Seattle and us.

No it isn't. WE should not give a crap about Seattle at all. Just be ARROWHEAD. We don't need Guinness for that.

Rausch 10-15-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087874)
No it isn't. WE should not give a crap about Seattle at all. Just be ARROWHEAD. We don't need Guinness for that.

I don't think I've even looked at a Guinness book since I was in 6th grade.

0 ****s given...

Gravedigger 10-15-2013 02:57 AM

Shit will just keep on going, other teams will keep fighting to beat the other and it'll be incremental victories like ours. I'm proud that we were able to do it, and I will always remember being apart of it, but I'm not going to continue to buy tickets to games to uphold it. I'll go to the Broncos game in December because I want to see us knock Peyton on his ass. We beat the Seahawks once, that's good enough for me. We're both stellar fanbases.

keg in kc 10-15-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087874)

I mean it's something to talk about nationally. I don't care about it at all on a personal level.

007 10-15-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087883)
I mean it's something to talk about nationally. I don't care about it at all on a personal level.

Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you. No you can't. Yes I can.

Thats what this looks and sounds like.

keg in kc 10-15-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087884)
Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you. No you can't. Yes I can.

Thats what this looks and sounds like.

I don't disagree with that.

I'm saying the whole thing is a PR fabrication...

Rausch 10-15-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087886)

And we did it without a dome.

I'm happy. 'Nuff said...

007 10-15-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10087886)

I understand that. I'm just saying we can choose to not participate in it.

Phobia 10-15-2013 03:32 AM

As long as there are homerific people who are more concerned with attending games with their friends, kissing mediocre player's asses, and blindly supporting the team there will be people who take a lot of personal pride in things like "loudest stadium", "dancing around opposing fans", and "plays tom-toms at the pre-game ritual". These people don't care about the product on the field. They care about the spectacle of it all and "belonging" to something - anything. That's why they threw an ever-loving fit over SOC last year. We were disparaging the thing to which they belonged and they didn't like it one bit. Now there's a certificate from Guiness and it means more to them than a SuperBowl because they belonged to the effort to get it. They'll do everything they can to keep that $3500 certificate in KC. That's fine with me. Knock yourselves out. I care about what happens between the lines. I want to win. Period. Certainly noise contributes to that. Make all the noise you want to make. I'll be there with you making it. But I do not care one bit about Pro-Bowlers, Walter Payton Man-of-the-Year awards, sell-out streaks, STH waiting lists, Guiness, or any other piece of crap award other than a Hunt and then a Lombardi. Bring those to me.

007 10-15-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10087899)
As long as there are homerific people who are more concerned with attending games with their friends, kissing mediocre player's asses, and blindly supporting the team there will be people who take a lot of personal pride in things like "loudest stadium", "dancing around opposing fans", and "plays tom-toms at the pre-game ritual". These people don't care about the product on the field. They care about the spectacle of it all and "belonging" to something - anything. That's why they threw an ever-loving fit over SOC last year. We were disparaging the thing to which they belonged and they didn't like it one bit. Now there's a certificate from Guiness and it means more to them than a SuperBowl because they belonged to the effort to get it. They'll do everything they can to keep that $3500 certificate in KC. That's fine with me. Knock yourselves out. I care about what happens between the lines. I want to win. Period. Certainly noise contributes to that. Make all the noise you want to make. I'll be there with you making it. But I do not care one bit about Pro-Bowlers, Walter Payton Man-of-the-Year awards, sell-out streaks, STH waiting lists, Guiness, or any other piece of crap award other than a Hunt and then a Lombardi. Bring those to me.

THIS
Exactly
Seconded
You can say that again

Rausch 10-15-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10087918)
THIS
Exactly
Seconded
You can say that again

And the funny thing is a SB won't mean anything to them other than a 1 day party.

That's pretty much it.

Mile High Mania 10-15-2013 04:20 AM

Sounds like the folks at GBoWR found a couple of huckleberries they can ride into making them relevant again.

007 10-15-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 10087920)
Sounds like the folks at GBoWR found a couple of huckleberries they can ride into making them relevant again.

Well, as stupid as it is, at least it woke up the fans at Arrowhead again and reminded them what they can accomplish. Shouldn't have needed that reminder but whatever gets them going.

As Phobia and Rausch said though, they are caring about the wrong thing here.