ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football On eve of championship game, QB viciously beaten by opposition players. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278646)

vailpass 11-16-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191650)
Read the article. He was injured to the extent that he can't play. But you're a poster on the internet, so I have no doubt that you'd be able to suck it up through the pain and throw for 400 yards, five TDs, force two fumbles and block a punt on special teams.

A black eye swollen half shut could prevent him from playing. Hardly qualifies as vicious though.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10191678)
A black eye swollen half shut could prevent him from playing. Hardly qualifies as vicious though.

Anti-inflammatories and a corticosteroid would likely get him ready to play in that case. You're assuming the black eye is the extent of the injury. For all we know he has three broken ribs and bruised internal organs.

chiefzilla1501 11-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10191494)
The two aren't related in any way.

In the bounty scandal they were hitting then on the field in pads. With refs there to retain some control. With television cameras.

Not five guys kicking one guys ass in the pisser.
Posted via Mobile Device

Assault happens all the time. When you intentionally hurt somebody to gain a competitive advantage that's when different rules come to play. Of course this is a more extreme version. But taking other players out through intentionally extracurricular stuff is cheating. The only reason we are talking about forfeit is because it involved taking out a player.

vailpass 11-16-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191705)
Anti-inflammatories and a corticosteroid would likely get him ready to play in that case. You're assuming the black eye is the extent of the injury. For all we know he has three broken ribs and bruised internal organs.

Agreed, we don't know the specifics of the injury. The story didn't do a very good job there.

Ace Gunner 11-16-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10191563)
Ice pack on eye=viciously beaten.

Lol. Pussies.

ban fists

beach tribe 11-16-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191650)
Read the article. He was injured to the extent that he can't play. But you're a poster on the internet, so I have no doubt that you'd be able to suck it up through the pain and throw for 400 yards, five TDs, force two fumbles and block a punt on special teams.

I get it.

He got hurt. He can't play. And its totally ****ed up.

I have taken a vicious beating though.
And I have also gotten my ass whipped, which is what he got.

chiefzilla1501 11-16-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10191550)
Huh?

What does a 5 on 1 beating of a player in a bathroom have to do with paying players for performance?

Did the NFL ever find actual proof the Saints were encouraging their players to injure people with illegal hits? That's right... they fined players for illegal hits.

Every coach in the NFL encourages defensive players to lay hard legal hits and fans all celebrate clean body rattling hits. You're just not supposed to pay players to do it.

There is audio of Gregg Williams telling players to target specific injurable body parts. There were players yelling 'pay me my money' after knocking qbs out. Against Minnesota there were clear cheap shots against Brett favre.

And what happened? The integrity of the saints vikings game was compromised. We as fans deserved to watch Brett favre make or break the final drive. He had to get yanked because he was too injured to play. So no, I don't understand how that is much different. In both cases, they executed a strategy to intentionally injure the best player.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10191757)
I get it.

He got hurt. He can't play. And its totally ****ed up.

I have taken a vicious beating though.
And I have also gotten my ass whipped, which is what he got.

What are the extent of his injuries?

beach tribe 11-16-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191770)
What are the extent of his injuries?

A busted eye. Caused by one dude.

vicious.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Bugeater 11-16-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10191769)
There is audio of Gregg Williams telling players to target specific injurable body parts. There were players yelling 'pay me my money' after knocking qbs out. Against Minnesota there were clear cheap shots against Brett favre.

And what happened? The integrity of the saints vikings game was compromised. We as fans deserved to watch Brett favre make or break the final drive. He had to get yanked because he was too injured to play. So no, I don't understand how that is much different. In both cases, they executed a strategy to intentionally injure the best player.

Huh? I seem to recall him being in and throwing one of his infamous game-ending INTs.

beach tribe 11-16-2013 01:45 PM

Hey Hamas,
here's a vicious beating.:D
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7SEhIkMhNQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 11-16-2013 01:53 PM

Wow, shades of Harding, Gillooly, Eckhardt vs. Nancy Kerrigan

Brock 11-16-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10191769)

Bret did make or break the final drive. What are you babbling about?

chiefzilla1501 11-16-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10191793)
Huh? I seem to recall him being in and throwing one of his infamous game-ending INTs.

You're right. Could have sworn otherwise. In either event, he was pretty much a cripple at the end of the game. And it was largely because of some cheap shots.

I know people talk about pussification of the Nfl. I prefer seeing the best players on the field. When a guy gets knocked out even with a concussion, that cheapens the game for me.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10191787)
A busted eye. Caused by one dude.

vicious.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...cording-report

Yup. He's definitely a pussy because a university administrator called it a vicious attack. Please, Ricky Roughnuts, break down the hierarchy of beatings since you're a street fighting expert.

What is the definition of vicious?