ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Books More Police nonsense. Father arrested for Speaking Against Sexually Explicit Book (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283464)

Pitt Gorilla 05-07-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10607069)
You're out of your ****ing mind.

No one had previously complained. Perhaps they were underprotective parents?

Eleazar 05-07-2014 11:00 AM

Do you ever hear of school boards doing things well?

saphojunkie 05-07-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefe (Post 10607078)
Over protective? You would allow your 9th grade daughter (hypothetical if need be) to read that?

You're right. A 9th grade girl plays with unicorn dolls and has never ever ever thought about sex one time or ever talked to her friends and no one in 9th grade has had sex or touched another person sexually and if I keep her from reading two paragraphs in a book about sex she will stay a virgin forever and be daddy's little girl until I ascend to heaven without dying.

CoMoChief 05-07-2014 11:04 AM

Horrible editor. They spelled cum wrong.

Fish 05-07-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10607090)
You're right. A 9th grade girl plays with unicorn dolls and has never ever ever thought about sex one time or ever talked to her friends and no one in 9th grade has had sex or touched another person sexually and if I keep her from reading two paragraphs in a book about sex she will stay a virgin forever and be daddy's little girl until I ascend to heaven without dying.

Come on dummy... there's a huge difference between that and school required reading. Nobody is saying teens don't think about sex or get exposed to sex.

BigBeauford 05-07-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

That line of thought becomes a slippery slope then. Maybe they should start reading about this kind of stuff in 8th grade, I mean it's only one year's difference.

CoMoChief 05-07-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

An institution doesn't need to be pushing that kind of material on students. If they want to learn about sex that's for their own time out of school.

htismaqe 05-07-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10607101)
Come on dummy... there's a huge difference between that and school required reading. Nobody is saying teens don't think about sex or get exposed to sex.

By all means, lets educate them about force and coercion. Completely healthy...

saphojunkie 05-07-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10607107)
An institution doesn't need to be pushing that kind of material on students. If they want to learn about sex that's for their own time out of school.

I agree. I listed the teacher as stupid for requiring the reading, too. But of course everyone is ignoring that.

InChiefsHeaven 05-07-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10607069)
You're out of your ****ing mind.

This. No fuggn' WAY I would have sat still for that crap being given to my kid to read by the school.

ThaVirus 05-07-2014 11:28 AM

I'm at a bit of a crossroads when it comes to these types of situations.

On the one hand, I understand that this book was definitely "unnecessarily graphic" and probably shouldn't be a required reading..

But on the other, I would never want to be the overprotective parent that shelters his children.

I remember knowing and even fantasizing about sex as far back as elementary school. Perhaps that's due to my lax upbringing, but even my friends knew and talked about t often. You can shield your kids only for so long. At some point they're going to start hearing about it more and more from their peers and then there will be nothing you can do for them. I guess the best thing is to be open and talk about the dangers involved and hope they make the best decision about it when the time comes.

InChiefsHeaven 05-07-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10607130)
I agree. I listed the teacher as stupid for requiring the reading, too. But of course everyone is ignoring that.

I think it's because calling the father overprotective is more stupider...

KCUnited 05-07-2014 11:31 AM

Exactly why I hide my Barely Legal's under my mattress so my kids can't see this kind of filth. Plus, they're only here every other weekend, so...

rambleonthruthefog 05-07-2014 11:33 AM

Oh no, semen! Hide your children, quick. All parties are dumb. For the record, I have a 9th grade daughter

alpha_omega 05-07-2014 11:43 AM

I read the article 3 times and still don't know exactly why he was arrested.