ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Extremely overdue topic - Ramen Noodles - brands, technique etc... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311457)

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 12:58 AM

Dude I lived off Ramen for the longest time. Still eat it here and there. Get a pack of chicken ramen, doctor that bitch up. Good stuff. **** cup noodles though, those are poser ramen

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 01:00 AM

Always gotta have a full clip of hot sauce ready to go. Hot sauce and ramen were made for each other

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 01:08 AM

I'm glad that macaroni was my cheapass food coming up; I can really enjoy items like Ramen and SPAM.
If you haven't ever tried pan-fried skillet SPAM, you have NO IDEA what you are missing. Put that shit on a warm tortilla with cheese blend, lettuce, and tomato, combined with your favorite creamy salad dressing.

That shit is UN-****ING-REAL good.

In fact, I'm putting that on my grocery list right now!

Simply Red 11-11-2017 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 13210722)
Always gotta have a full clip of hot sauce ready to go. Hot sauce and ramen were made for each other

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210727)
I'm glad that macaroni was my cheapass food coming up; I can really enjoy items like Ramen and SPAM.
If you haven't ever tried pan-fried skillet SPAM, you have NO IDEA what you are missing. Put that shit on a warm tortilla with cheese blend, lettuce, and tomato, combined with your favorite creamy salad dressing.

Thanks

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 01:11 AM

Spam rules that was a staple in my household growing up. Good call on the pan fry spam, my mom used to fry up some spam and eggs, good stuff

big nasty kcnut 11-11-2017 01:19 AM

Ramen noodles with broccoli or mixed veggies are my go to.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 01:37 AM

Proper Ramen noodles have a great taste that is excellent for combining with other, more substantial foods.

Truly one of the better food inventions.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-11-2017 01:54 AM

I want to talk about SR and CP for a bit before I say goodnight.

I met SR in 2010 during the CP Bash at Nzoners. Clay had ridden up with SR from Texas I believe, and Clay was a little nervous about meeting some of the people from the site in that they might actually want to hurt him, but Nzoners place is sacred ground where none of that type of shit is allowed, so that everyone can have a good time.
SR was a perfect southern gentleman who was avoiding alcohol at the time while I was absolutely committed to shoving as much of it down my gullet as humanly possible. I had driven up to St. Joe with Flop and we had a bit of an adventure along the way, as GPS systems were not quite "all that" just yet. Upon arriving at Nzoners, we were greeted by OTWarpath who immediately nicknamed Flop "Rand McNally" for his awesome navigation skills. LMAO
Clay and SR arrived a short while later and we all had a lovely evening talking shit, drinking profusely( except SR of course ), tossing the rock(Pablo has an arm), and beating the shit out of ping-pong balls. Also, Dartgod burned his AIDS-ridden Larry Johnson jersey in the bonfire that evening while Clay wept inwardly( ;) ).
A great time was had by all and SR was then, and still is now, a perfect Southern Gentleman with an adoring mother who cooks one FANTASTIC looking steak.

Cheers to you, SR; you'll always be my favorite cracker.

Simply Red 11-11-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210747)

I met SR in 2010 during the CP Bash at Nzoners. Clay had ridden up with SR from Texas I believe, and Clay was a little nervous about meeting some of the people from the site in that they might actually want to hurt him, but Nzoners place is sacred ground where none of that type of shit is allowed, so that everyone can have a good time.
SR was a perfect southern gentleman who was avoiding alcohol at the time while I was absolutely committed to shoving as much of it down my gullet as humanly possible. I had driven up to St. Joe with Flop and we had a bit of an adventure along the way, as GPS systems were not quite "all that" just yet. Upon arriving at Nzoners, we were greeted by OTWarpath who immediately nicknamed Flop "Rand McNally" for his awesome navigation skills. LMAO
Clay and SR arrived a short while later and we all had a lovely evening talking shit, drinking profusely( except SR of course ), tossing the rock(Pablo has an arm), and beating the shit out of ping-pong balls. Also, Dartgod burned his AIDS-ridden Larry Johnson jersey in the bonfire that evening while Clay wept inwardly( ;) ).
A great time was had by all and SR was then, and still is now, a perfect Southern Gentleman with an adoring mother who cooks one FANTASTIC looking steak.

That's very sweet of you to say, cheers.

eDave 11-11-2017 02:15 AM

I have never tasted Ramen Noodles. Nothing against them or those who indulge. Just never been there.

For Spam, there's a joint on PCH in Manhattan Beach, CA (or there abouts) that serves breakfast. All Spam. Spam omelets, spam whatever. Polynesian joint.

eDave 11-11-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210747)

Nice man.

19now11 11-11-2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13210727)

why not throw a jar of mayo on there too you fat pos. go **** yourself, **** mohomes too. you heard?4321

DaNewGuy 11-11-2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19now11 (Post 13210755)
why not throw a jar of mayo on there too you fat pos. go **** yourself, **** mohomes too. you heard?4321

Go fist yourself pussy

ClevelandBronco 11-11-2017 04:07 AM

On the contrary, ramen gets far more attention than it reasonably should warrant.

Msmith 11-11-2017 05:15 AM

The appeals of Ramen are the speed and the varieties of the seasoning packages. I used to buy the Demae Itcho brand that sells for $15.00 a box of 30 packs in Chinatown.

I watched a video one time showing that Ramen noodles staying in the stomach couple hours before fully digested. My wife is steadfast for not allowing me to eat it anymore. Now I boiled angel hair and its texture is better than the noodles. I put my own seasoning, and different kinds of soy sauce to flavor it up. Mix the noodles with pork, chicken, beef, or seafood and the meal is edible while watching the games.