ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Selling a house without an agent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317460)

Yosef_Malkovitch 09-16-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13735307)
my wife is an agent. She says no Buyers agent will want to show the home to a client knowing they wont get paid and have to cover their owns fees.

Good luck.

Why not just list the house at a slightly higher price than what you actually want, and then don't bother with refusing to pay a buyer's agent? You could avoid this problem completely.

Skyy God 09-16-2018 01:39 PM

Mahomes with the most TDs thru 2 games in NFL history.

BigRichard 09-16-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 13735652)
Mahomes with the most TDs thru 2 games in NFL history.

What does this have to do with my house? :# :D:D:D

BigRichard 09-16-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13735307)
my wife is an agent. She says no Buyers agent will want to show the home to a client knowing they wont get paid and have to cover their owns fees.

Good luck.

The agent would get paid, it would just be from the buyer and not me.

Deberg_1990 09-16-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13735784)
The agent would get paid, it would just be from the buyer and not me.

Seller always pays the fees. Your the one with the product. The agent is doing you a favor and bringing you a buyer and you want to try and hose them over?

BigRichard 09-16-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13735849)
Seller always pays the fees. Your the one with the product. The agent is doing you a favor and bringing you a buyer and you want to try and hose them over?

Once again, the agent gets paid it just wouldn't be me paying them. If it is true that seller always pays fees then I will just post it as nobody with agent need apply.

Seller always pays fees... where is that written? That is more or less the question. Legality vs how you feel about something.

As long as it is legal, I can do whatever I want.

Valiant 09-16-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13735849)

That is not true. Especially in this market.

BigRichard 09-16-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13736007)
That is not true. Especially in this market.

That is really the question, is it legal for me to state that the buyer has to pay his own agents fees? My wife said they looked it up when they sold their moms house and you couldn't do that but I can't find anywhere it says you can't.

Deberg_1990 09-16-2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13735905)
Once again, the agent gets paid it just wouldn't be me paying them. If it is true that seller always pays fees then I will just post it as nobody with agent need apply.

Seller always pays fees... where is that written? That is more or less the question. Legality vs how you feel about something.

Well like i said earlier, this would deter alot of buyers agents from showing the home to clients then.

BryanBusby 09-16-2018 02:29 PM

You're going to have a harder time, but it's doable. It really depends what you think your house is worth.

Fat Elvis 09-16-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13734690)
The wife and I are about to put the house on the market. Houses in our area are selling in a couple of days of being put on the market so we are not going to get an agent. We believe we will be able to sell very easily without one. My only question is the buyer's agent. Can you state the buyer has to cover his own agents fees? My wife(with her brother and sister) sold their mother's house by just stating they were not going to accept anyone with an agent to avoid the fees. They sold her house in a very short time. I didn't know if that was the best route or if you could just say agents are fine as long as they know they have to cover the fees. Anyone know the best way to handle this?

If you have to ask this question in the first place, you're probably better off letting a professional sell your house.

BigRichard 09-16-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 13736725)
If you have to ask this question in the first place, you're probably better off letting a professional sell your house.

Uhhh no but thanks for your help.

Chief Roundup 09-16-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 13735905)

The normal % that a realtor gets or splits is either 6 or 7. So you are asking that the buyer pays your $100k and then also pays the other $6 or $7K. Why not just ask for $110,000 and not have to worry about any of the BS and have a licensed professional cover your ass because you are most likely not knowledgeable with all the legalities.

Rain Man 09-16-2018 02:45 PM

The Realtor fees are ludicrous if the sale price is high, so it's tempting. However, I'll confess that if I see a "For Sale By Owner" sign, I assume that the house is overpriced.

mlyonsd 09-16-2018 02:46 PM

If your area really is a seller's market there is no reason to list it at first. We sold our first house on our own after posting it in the newspaper. It sold the first day.

We hired a lawyer to handle all the paper work. He charged $125 and the ad in the paper was like $150 for two weeks. That was in 1996 though.