ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How exactly are you supposed to cash in a gold brick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318317)

patteeu 10-19-2018 09:51 PM

The same way I'd sell my bitcoins. Find a bigger fool than me.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-19-2018 09:51 PM

Loon

Fish 10-19-2018 09:51 PM

I've always thought it sounded pretty dumb to hear the ads for investing in gold for security. If society actually broke down, gold itself isn't really worth much, it's completely dependent on a stable economy for value.

eDave 10-19-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13829284)
Can you get the Astros to sign it?

LMAO

kysirsoze 10-19-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13829325)
I've always thought it sounded pretty dumb to hear the ads for investing in gold for security. If society actually broke down, gold itself isn't really worth much, it's completely dependent on a stable economy for value.

I'm kind of a dummy about this sort of thing, but isn't it security against recession and the like? Not many investments to secure you against society crumbling. Maybe just buy a shit ton of gasoline?

Zebedee DuBois 10-19-2018 09:59 PM

He who smelt it dealt it.

JakeF 10-19-2018 10:06 PM

Could you melt it down into a liquid state and then mix it with a bunch of dirt and rock? Then you could claim you found it while digging.

patteeu 10-19-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13829354)
Could you melt it down into a liquid state and then mix it with a bunch of dirt and rock? Then you could claim you found it while digging.

And then you could sell treasure maps to the place you found it in addition to the gold!

kysirsoze 10-19-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13829354)

Seems like if you have the means to melt it down you can just make coins or whatever and sell them off for their weighed value. Is there some way to trace gold that's been melted and recast?

FAX 10-19-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13829325)

Yeah ... I think at that point, you're down to bartering ammo, bottled water, and target-practice-commies.

FAX

Cornstock 10-19-2018 10:24 PM

Any historical significance also matters. Nazi gold bars go on the black market like hot cakes.

You need to find a free trade zone auction house, there are several that deal in stolen art, etc. They dont scrutinize the subject of the auction like they do in the west. You might need to fly into Singapore or Dubai, etc. Some Triads or cartel types will buy it, and the whole transaction is extremely discreet. You're back on your G5 by the afternoon 2MM richer.

bdj23 10-19-2018 10:33 PM

I got $1000 on me

Pm sent

Mr. Wizard 10-20-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13829275)
Obviously, you have to build a smelter in your basement. Be sure and wear heavy gloves. Then you smelt.

You'll have to figure it out from there 'cause I have no idea what you do with a bunch of molten gold from a smelter.

Then again, maybe you can get a bunch of little molds that look like tooth fillings and put your smelted gold in the molds. Then you can take the gold that looks like tooth fillings to your local "We buy gold" guy. When he asks you how you got all these tooth fillings, you can say, "I don't know exactly. I woke up one morning and they were under my pillow." Yeah ... that's it.

FAX

Sorry FAX but "whomever smelt it dealt it" and only parents and serial killers keep teeth.

dj56dt58 10-20-2018 07:50 AM

1. Use the gold to make teeth

2. Implant the teeth into your mouth

3. Make a rap video

4. ????

5. Profit

Bugeater 10-20-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 13829340)
I'm kind of a dummy about this sort of thing, but isn't it security against recession and the like? Not many investments to secure you against society crumbling. Maybe just buy a shit ton of gasoline?

I followed LiveSteam's approach and filled a basement storage room with SPAMŽ brand luncheon meat.