ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink --Explain what was so God Damned special about the best chicken wings you've ever had (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318606)

KCUnited 11-02-2018 01:09 PM

Whole wing, drum and flat connected
Wet, buffalo sauce
Blue cheese w/ celery
Wet nap or a minimum of a paper towel roll
Beer, preferable an IPA

I don't really trust places that offer a bazillion different flavors. Just give me your buffalo sauce, no mild version, no spicy version, just the one you're known for.

My favorite, although they've dipped a bit in quality over the years, is still The Peanut in KC. 3 wing (really 6 because they're whole) and a cheese fries combo is the perfect lunch.

Dayze 11-02-2018 01:09 PM

I'm not a huge fan of buffalo sauce. usually too tangy for me (I don't like tart or tangy to begin with).
usually make them at home; fry them up, the coat in whatever sauce I'm interested in at the moment. Ranch.
the end.

haven't had much luck with wings at restaurants. They've always been 'ok', I suppose. But nothing to lose my mind over.

SuperBowl4 11-02-2018 01:09 PM

Nothing. It's just food.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13863457)
PEANUT KC

RANCH

/end

Best in KC, no doubt.

I'd still take CJ's over them; they have been a little gummy the last few times I've been there. But as a general rule, they're damn good. I was pretty happy to see them open one in the northland but I never find the time to get out there when I'm in town.

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:10 PM

I'm not an advocate of Atlanta restaurants - but they do wings VERY well down here.

Sassy Squatch 11-02-2018 01:10 PM

But, any wings up around that area is going to be at least decent. Kind of like BBQ down here.

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 13863472)
Nothing. It's just food.

**** OFF!

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13863473)
Best in KC, no doubt.

I'd still take CJ's over them; they have been a little gummy the last few times I've been there. But as a general rule, they're damn good. I was pretty happy to see them open one in the northland but I never find the time to get out there when I'm in town.

Look guys, I've seen pics - Nzoner Joe posted pics from there - showing their wings. They absolutely look prepared well - I just do NOT like a giant wing - I prefer medium to smaller wings. Smaller the wing = younger the chicken.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13863483)
Look guys, I've seen pics - Nzoner Joe posted pics from there - showing their wings. They absolutely look prepared well - I just do NOT like a giant wing - I prefer medium to smaller wings. Smaller the wing = younger the chicken.

They're not giant. You just have to cut them at the joint.

Pretty standard sized wings, really. Flavor's great. They just aren't quite perfect in terms of texture; not as crispy as I prefer.

POND_OF_RED 11-02-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13863464)
I saw pics of them they look too big. I like a smaller wing.

You just rip it apart and you have the flat and the drum. Best of both worlds. Definitely the best in KC.

ptlyon 11-02-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13863483)

Here you go again. :) Deleted my quote BTW

Simply Red 11-02-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13863487)
They're not giant. You just have to cut them at the joint.

Pretty standard sized wings, really. Flavor's great. They just aren't quite perfect in terms of texture; not as crispy as I prefer.

I like them super crispy - I'm with you my dude.

KCUnited 11-02-2018 01:18 PM

A lot depends on who's in the kitchen. I lived next to the downtown Peanut for years, and some years they were better than others even though the ingredients were the same.

ptlyon 11-02-2018 01:19 PM

I like Buffalo wings. With blue cheese. Naked with no breading.

Jerk wings are good too. I don't really get into other flavors of wings. If I'm hungry for wings buffalo is what I'm hungry for.

Side note to anybody who likes to make your own wings. If you can find it, try Cookies Wings and Things. Very good buffalo sauce already made.

KCUnited 11-02-2018 01:21 PM

Also, I never order wings blind. The place either has to have a reputation for doing them well or come recommended by someone I know. There's too many shitty wings out there.