ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs #31 Darrel Williams needs to be our starting running back (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319567)

BandwagonChiefsFan 12-14-2018 12:02 AM

A good game from a role player does not have same impact as a good game from a superstar.

Its why our offense has been garbage since Kareem Hunt left despite our backup runningbacks putting good stats in all 3 games.

That means we need a superstar at runningback and we have one in Darrel Williams.

JakeF 12-14-2018 12:25 AM

Damien and Darrel complement each other really well. Both should get carries, who starts is irrelevant. It doesn't seem like Ware can stay healthy anyway.

ping2000 12-14-2018 12:27 AM

Can he play safety? If not, can he run over our safeties and kill them in practice?

Fish 12-14-2018 12:45 AM

Before the season started, I thought Darrel looked like the better back, even though a lot of others disagreed. But Damien ran his ass off today and definitely deserves some touches too.

JakeF 12-14-2018 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 13960873)
Can he play safety? If not, can he run over our safeties and kill them in practice?

I would bet money that if you gave Damien and Darrel a little time to learn the position that they would better than Ron Parker.

Why the **** isn't Lucas playing?

Hammock Parties 12-14-2018 12:47 AM

He's got some kind of rare power. Like, LJ power.

Darrel needs more carries.

bevischief 12-14-2018 12:53 AM

Jack frost should a great life as a..................................

jaa1025 12-14-2018 12:57 AM

I think it's a matter of the Chiefs not trusting Darrel Williams yet. It's hard to earn that trust when he isn't getting reps though. I agree though and like him a lot. I like both of the Williams for next year and I don't think I'd waste a pick or spend money on the position next year.

BandwagonChiefsFan 12-14-2018 12:48 PM

Darrel has same type of athleticism as Kareem Hunt. He would make offense explosive again.

bricks 12-14-2018 12:53 PM

Does Darrel Williams wear #31?

Yo thats a good number!!

If you look at Chiefs history, they had two great #31’s in Priest Holmes and Kevin Ross.

Dar. Williams is probably a “g?” Who knows? Gotta try him out and maybe we could get that other #31 added to that list?

thabear04 12-14-2018 01:04 PM

Was Damien hurt after he had carry where a bunch of chargers players trying to take him down. Seem like he was hurt from his lower back wasn't to sure.

Blick 12-14-2018 02:11 PM

It doesn't really matter who the running back is if Andy isn't going to call a balanced game.

I know we're all excited and love Mahomes but I think we need to pull back a little bit with going all in on the passing game. We're putting a tremendous amount of responsibility on the shoulders of a 1st year starter and while he has handled it great for the most part, I think he would be even better if we gave him more balance. More of a run game and more play action would help everybody on offense.

Chris Meck 12-14-2018 03:35 PM

I'm totally good with the three W's carrying the load. Darrel is my current favorite, though. Damien has played very well, too. And Ware is solid, if unspectacular. I think we're good here.

JakeF 12-14-2018 04:34 PM

Damien was the one with all the yards from scrimmage against the chargers? Why is everyone talking about Darrel? Btw, i like both.

ChiTown 12-14-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13960918)
Before the season started, I thought Darrel looked like the better back, even though a lot of others disagreed. But Damien ran his ass off today and definitely deserves some touches too.

I said the same thing in the preseason and was quickly corrected by the CP FB Mafia that DW was replacement level quality as a NFL RB.