ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football *****Official Black Monday 2018 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319934)

Sassy Squatch 12-29-2018 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13992093)
At least Garret has 1 playoff win. Can you imagine being the Bengals and going to the playoffs 6 out of 7 years and not winning a single playoff game. I mean the Chiefs have been pretty bad in the post season, but damn the Bengals are absolutely pathetic.

There's a very real chance that Hue Jackson is the Bengals next coach. Mike Brown is a notoriously cheap POS. He can't die soon enough for Bengals fans.

jjchieffan 12-29-2018 12:12 AM

Doesn't sound like Lewis is on the hotseat at all. I just don't get it. Here's an article I found that says that the Bengals are going to let him stick around as long as he likes. 16 years, 7 playoff appearances, 0 wins, and a collapse this season filled with blowout losses. Coaches with much better records are fired every year.

The Cincinnati Bengals are giving Marvin Lewis the power to dictate the terms of his exit, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. As of now, the Bengals intend to let Lewis coach for as long as he wants.

Here’s what Schefter wrote about the situation:

If the Denver Broncos part ways with head coach Vance Joseph, he is expected to emerge as a candidate for the Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive coordinator job and potentially even their head coaching job when Marvin Lewis decides he has had enough of coaching, a league source tells ESPN.

The fact that the Bengals are setting themselves up with a plan of succession indicates that they’re preparing for Lewis to potentially retire in the near future. On the other hand, Lewis could decide to coach for five more years. And for now, the Bengals will honor that.

Considering the Bengals’ collapse this season (and in seasons past), it’s bizarre to see Cincinnati be so accommodating to a head coach who has zero postseason wins in seven appearances over 16 seasons. It would stand to reason Lewis would be on the hot seat heading into this postseason and into next season. That’s not what it sounds like.

Somehow, the Bengals are giving Lewis all the power.

dlphg9 12-29-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13992071)
I find it crazy that Bowles and Wilkes are likely to be fired. I mean, I thought that when you start a rookie quarterback that expectations are pretty low anyway. Seems like a coach should get a second season with that quarterback to see what he can do. Changing coaches usually means a change in system, so that rookie quarterback has to start over. That crap happened to Alex Smith over and over. It wasn't until he came to KC that he had consistency. And low and behold he had the best years of his career in KC. The best quarterbacks have had consistency in their coaches. But, whatever. I would take either one of them to replace Sutton if they're fired.

Thats why bad teams are usually bad, they fire the head coach after their first year. What I dont get is what do these franchises expect with rookie starting qbs and these coaches have only had 1 season to get things into place. Id be pissed if I were these coaches, fans and players.

dlphg9 12-29-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13992099)
There's a very real chance that Hue Jackson is the Bengals next coach. Mike Brown is a notoriously cheap POS. He can't die soon enough for Bengals fans.

Seems lazy too and doesnt seem too interested in doing anything with the team.

Sassy Squatch 12-29-2018 12:44 AM

If the Steelers lose on Sunday I really wouldn't be too shocked to see Tomlin get the axe. Hell, he might get it anyway just for missing the playoffs.

Deberg_1990 12-29-2018 12:47 AM

Bengals gonna stick with Dalton at QB too?

I’d just shoot myself if I was a fan.

007 12-29-2018 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13991950)
Sutton?

Will retire.

jjchieffan 12-29-2018 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13992113)
If the Steelers lose on Sunday I really wouldn't be too shocked to see Tomlin get the axe. Hell, he might get it anyway just for missing the playoffs.

I would be shocked to see that. The Steelers have had less coaching changes than any team in the NFL in the Superbowl era. Do you realize that Tomlin is only their 3rd coach since 1969? That's job security. Most teams in the NFL have had 3 or more coaches in just the last 10 years.

carcosa 12-29-2018 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 13991954)
Yeah, yeah--not yet OC

DC?

displacedinMN 12-29-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 13992150)
DC?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QZqfxoCYfxw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fixed

Danguardace 12-29-2018 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13991951)
Fire Sutton hire Wilks

Or Bowles

saphojunkie 12-29-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13992114)

My friend is a Bengals fan. He just stopped watching or caring about football.

NJChiefsFan 12-29-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13992114)

Being stuck with an average coach and average QB is the worst thing in sports, it's purgatory. Would have been better if one or both of them completely sucked and they bottomed out already.

RealSNR 12-29-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13992349)
Being stuck with an average coach and average QB is the worst thing in sports, it's purgatory. Would have been better if one or both of them completely sucked and they bottomed out already.

I’d say Lewis has bottomed out. Pretty hard. For many years now

Deberg_1990 12-30-2018 10:09 AM

Adam Gase, Vance Joseph and Todd Bowles most likely out