ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ‘We got it done!’: The inside story of how Patrick Mahomes landed with the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320227)

Kiimo 01-09-2019 06:21 PM

Skins fan in the comments: "Why would anyone want to play in a small market like KC? Patrick should have done what Elway and Eli Manning did. Refuse to show up if drafted."

So their fans are as inept as their organization. Peyton Manning, anyone?

Skyy God 01-09-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14021475)
Skins fan in the comments: "Why would anyone want to play in a small market like KC? Patrick should have done what Elway and Eli Manning did. Refuse to show up if drafted."

Lol.

MVPat had a top 3 all time season, but he should of held out.

Kiimo 01-09-2019 06:23 PM

Enjoy Alex Smith's hollowed-out leg filled with $71m in diamonds.

Best22 01-09-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14021475)

ROFL

DRM08 01-09-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14021418)
Am I the only one who ever sits back and wonders what it would be like had he wound up elsewhere? What if the Bears had taken him? And somehow we wound up with Trubisky or Watson? What would it be like watching this generational QB from afar and dreaming of having someone that dominant?

It really helps me put how amazing this entire season has been into perspective. However it ends. We'll never have an experience like this in our lives again. It's magic.

Mahomes in New Orleans would be incredible. Great offensive system, learn from a much better version of Alex, and get to play at least 9/16 games indoors every year.

Skyy God 01-09-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14021478)
Enjoy Alex Smith's hollowed-out leg filled with $71m in diamonds.

Dan Snyder is like 54.

That shit-ass franchise has another 20+ years of being run into the ground.

Skyy God 01-09-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 14021481)
Mahomes in New Orleans would be incredible. Great offensive system, learn from a much better version of Alex, and get to play at least 9/16 games indoors every year.

I spoke with their RB coach in Vegas (at a topless pool, wife was hot).

They def would have drafted him.

eDave 01-09-2019 06:29 PM

Should be a movie.

Skyy God 01-09-2019 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14021486)
Should be a movie.

As long as Kevin Cosner isn’t cast.

SAUTO 01-09-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14021048)
I still wonder if Veach’s job on Mahomes didn’t play a pretty significant role in the Dorsey firing/Veach hiring.

Basically Veach is the one who got everyone on board with Mahomes, then he gets interviewed for the Bills job just after that draft.... I just wonder if Clark/Andy were afraid to lose Veach long term.

Something I read in that article made me think Dorsey might've been the one not totally sold on it

Skyy God 01-09-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14021493)
Something I read in that article made me think Dorsey might've been the one not totally sold on it

Picked up on that, eh?

Wasn’t exactly subtle.

Valiant 01-09-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14021435)
The other part is don't discount how much it helped his development to have Reid and the other coaches, + sitting for a year and learning from Smiff.

I think this is especially true with QBs, but also more than people give credit for to other positions. Situation is huge and there's really no way to know how it would have played out differently in a different situation.

For instance Demarcus Robinson is starting to look like a solid #2 receiver in this system with Mahomes. In another system he might be out of the league by now. Or maybe Tyreek Hill never develops into an elite receiver w/o Reid's guidance. Who knows. Maybe Ryan Leaf has a long NFL career in another situation.

I think we hit the best possible QB candidate since Luck, and the best possible situation. So we're seeing that ceiling now. If Mahomes goes to Chicago and Trubisky comes here - maybe they're both really good but Mahomes isn't elite. So at least for now we wouldn't even know what we missed out on.

Although we'd still be jerking off to Mahomes' crazy throws and whining about Trubisky. That's for sure.

This true. All depends on variables and chances. He made one average lineman a probowler this year

Has anyone asked the jags cb if tyreek is a threat yet.

rtmike 01-09-2019 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 14021493)

Wasn’t.

Andy and Veach had to work on him, lol.

ChiefsFanatic 01-09-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 14021075)
Nice read, especially Steinbergs comments.

Every time I see him on TV, all I can think is wow, Stewart from MadTV sure did get mature as he got older.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Dante84 01-09-2019 08:08 PM

Veach contacted his agent at least once a day for 94 straight days.

Jesus Christ.

Thank God for Brett.