ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320471)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-15-2019 06:12 PM

Pat really likes his ketchup

BWillie 01-15-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14041461)
Let’s go win the AFC Championship game!! He deserves it! He deserves to be handed the trophy with his dads name on it. After everything he has done. He hired Reid and basically locked him in a room and said you ain’t leaving here until you sign. He has hired Brett Veach who is ultimately responsible for finding the greatest treasure in Chiefs history and that is Patty Mahomes. Clark has not been afraid to spend money either.

Wait - I thought we were supposed to hate rich people these days?

PunkinDrublic 01-15-2019 06:18 PM

He puts the right people in place to do their job and if it’s clearly not working out, he’s not afraid to bring the nuthooks. Has he been perfect? No, but over the last ten years or so he’s grown into it and we’ve seen the team become a well run organization. It’s easy to forget what an AIDS tire fire the organization was in the Peterson to Pioli era. On some level, Veach has to know if he doesn’t get it done, he’s outta there.

rtmike 01-15-2019 06:34 PM

Never admitted it in my thread but meeting Clark before the Seahog game really just put me in a daze.
Owner of my favorite sports team since ‘82.

cooper barrett 01-15-2019 07:02 PM

If it's windy and cold we will need a stand in but CHunt has "earned" the right to beat the drum.

stevieray 01-15-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14042158)
He's a stiff billionaire

I've talked to him several times. That's simply not true, at least in my experience.

He's very approachable.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14042152)
I've never understood the hatred for Clark Hunt. Like he himself is responsible for our (past) playoff futility? Because in some warped narrative he's afraid to spend money? What evidence supports that?

The "cheap" narrative has been debunked many, many times.

The new thing, and the one that is harder to argue against, is that he lives in Dallas and is an absentee owner that cares more about soccer.

For me, I'm fine with it. I would rather have Clark Hunt than Jerry Jones any day. But when the team isn't winning, especially over such a long period of time, people look for places to point fingers.

PunkinDrublic 01-15-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14042428)
The "cheap" narrative has been debunked many, many times.

The new thing, and the one that is harder to argue against, is that he lives in Dallas and is an absentee owner that cares more about soccer.

For me, I'm fine with it. I would rather have Clark Hunt than Jerry Jones any day. But when the team isn't winning, especially over such a long period of time, people look for places to point fingers.

But muh parking is $10 more expensive this year!

KChiefs1 01-15-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14042115)
I'd like Clark to bang the drum.

Me too.

htismaqe 01-15-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 14042447)
But muh parking is $10 more expensive this year!

Your choice to be a fan. LOL

DrunkBassGuitar 01-15-2019 08:54 PM

I've never cared one way or another about the Clarks, but I'm glad he used to buy tickets back when the chiefs were bad so that we could still see the games on TV

Monkey God 01-15-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14042134)
It's just less classy than boning a former Miss Missouri.

Miss Teen Missouri then Miss Kansas

KCbroncoHATER 01-15-2019 09:38 PM

I hate to disagree with you but Clark Hunt deserves a kick in his balls for never putting a complete team on the field. I have had tickets for 27 seasons and I can't tell you how frustrated I have been because of all of the losing. The 90's were great, Carl Peterson did all he could with what he had. Worn out locker rooms, crappy equipment didn't deter him from putting together some great teams. The shot they had with Trent Green lasted 2 seasons.

We were always 'one player away' and 'we will get them next year' was heard over and over. How about "we play for CHAMPIONSHIPS" every year from Clark Hunt. You might be younger and haven't invested $30K to watch games a Arrowhead so you might not feel this way, but I am fed up. I am sick of watching the playoffs end with a thump.

That being said ...

Go Chiefs!

BandwagonChiefsFan 01-15-2019 11:20 PM

Our white supremacist owner is the biggest hindrance to a Mahomes dynasty. He hates players with an edge like Burfict, Suh, Talib. Its why he got rid of Peters and Kareem Hunt.

I hope he gets Jerry Richardson'ed so team can get a non-racist owner.

GloryDayz 01-15-2019 11:20 PM

He can bang the drum. He owns it...

Now just go get me a SB win...