ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody else buy Superbowl tickets? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320603)

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14051526)
Yeah wasn’t interested when Alex quit on his team.

Agree, the Mahomes era is such a better vibe...:)

Reerun_KC 01-18-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051531)
Agree, the Mahomes era is such a better vibe...:)

Now having watch party at home. Much cheaper.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-18-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14051535)
Now having watch party at home. Much cheaper.

No doubt. This is a once in a lifetime top of the bucket list item...

BWillie 01-19-2019 01:10 AM

Thinking about going - how much are the tickets going to be? If I could get some for $1,000 a pop - I would def be in. But I've heard 5k min for prior super bowls.

MatriculatingHank 01-19-2019 01:20 AM

$3500 for nose bleed sections

suzzer99 01-19-2019 01:26 AM

Damn. I would like to see a Superbowl once in my life. But that's just crazy. I wonder if cheap singles tend to come on the market at the last minute.

I just lost $1k in Vegas playing poker. At one point I was up about $2k and if my semi-bluff had hit I'd have been up right about $3500. I'd probably be blowing it on coming back for the Championship game instead though.

TwistedChief 01-19-2019 04:10 AM

Nah. I'll buy them when we make it. With the 20% vig, I think it'll be difficult for you to breakeven tbh. The way I see it, I'll be more than happy to spend the money when we win. If we lose, selling the tickets will be one fewer thing to worry about. In my world, they call that wrong-way risk.

Right now, I think the tickets you're seeing on the sites are coming from Falcons fans and the NFL itself. They obviously haven't distributed the tickets to the (lucky) STHs from the teams and the friends/family of the organization, so supply I believe should go up notably.

See you there!

Why Not? 01-19-2019 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051496)
and I started a fund when Andy came to town hoping this would happen..

This is smart. That’s probably the way to do it. I’ve got a couple of long shot irons in the fire to get some tickets at a decent price and if any of those actually come through, I’d consider it. I’m not sure. I kinda see it like not going is an emotional max protect. If the Chiefs win, and I’m not there, I’ll be ecstatic anyway. If I go and they lose, I think the bummer of that would supersede the excitement of being there. I’ll tell you this much, if they win it all you can bet my ass will be at Arrowhead come the second Thursday in September.

Nzoner 01-19-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14051505)
I'm hoping for a Nzoner Super Bowl Watch Party

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14051517)
How the Super Bowl should be watched.

We were just talking about this and how RSVP's would be an absolute must as I couldn't take a chance on having too many people.

Nzoner 01-19-2019 05:20 AM

As someone who's been fortunate enough to attend two Superbowls XXII and XXVI I can tell you the week leading up in the host city is a blast as well.

If I can give any advice to anyone planning on going and finding tickets there DO NOT WEAR YOUR TEAM LOGOS/COLORS WHEN LOOKING FOR TICKETS.I'm sure some things have changed since those days but we were able to get tickets for both above Superbowls on the day of the game.

Bwana 01-19-2019 07:41 AM

Good for you, I hope you and your son have a great time.

RollChiefsRoll 01-19-2019 07:48 AM

Good lord, $3500. My wife would castrate me.

Hamwallet 01-19-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14051496)
I do OK, but this is something I promised my son I was going to do with him since he was 4, he's 25 now, and I started a fund when Andy came to town hoping this would happen... I also booked a hotel with points a couple of months ago when we looked good, and we will drive to Atlanta or fly into Nashville and drive, which is much more affordable. This is probably a once in a lifetime splurge, and life's short.

I shared the site, because if the Chiefs and Saints are the match-up, tickets will go crazy, and I think you could do OK and get your $ back if the unthinkable happens and the Chiefs lose Sunday...

The drive from Nashville to Atlanta is badass. Make time to stop for lunch in Chattanooga. I wish I could find a good job in that town. I love Chattanooga.

bdj23 01-19-2019 09:11 AM

Can't afford those

Bewbies 01-19-2019 09:13 AM

I just drove up to Des Moines at Christmas. It’s maybe 14 hours or so.

If you can’t fly to ATL cause too pricey, look at Chattanooga over Nashville. A lot closer.

There is a ton going on here that week, damn I cannot wait for the party this will be with my team in town!