ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Burfict getting suspended [for the sesason] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325535)

2bikemike 09-30-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14490268)
I disagree with nothing that was said here, but the NE hit on Allen was worse.

I understand where you're coming from, but the position of the NFL is you get your head off to the side and keep your eyes up, hit him with your shoulder.

The hell of it is that you can do the same shit with Burfict. You could roll a slow motion GIF up there, break it down and ask, what is he supposed to do?Burfict didn't even hit the guy with his helmet.

Now I understand that Burfict has a long history of ****ery and I have no problem with him getting jacked then suspended. But the point remains that the hit on Allen was worse. And the NE guy got nothing, except a penalty, which was magically offset.

I would think the league would be taking a look at that hit and issuing something. That was pretty bad.

Amnorix 09-30-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

I understand where you're coming from, but the position of the NFL is you get your head off to the side and keep your eyes up, hit him with your shoulder.

The hell of it is that you can do the same shit with Burfict. You could roll a slow motion GIF up there, break it down and ask, what is he supposed to do?Burfict didn't even hit the guy with his helmet.

Now I understand that Burfict has a long history of ****ery and I have no problem with him getting jacked then suspended. But the point remains that the hit on Allen was worse. And the NE guy got nothing, except a penalty, which was magically offset.

WHAT? You really think the Jones hit was worse that Burfict's? You think Jones had an intent to injure there?

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/4ryru/ljglu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

IowaHawkeyeChief 09-30-2019 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14490280)
WHAT? You really think the Jones hit was worse that Burfict's? You think Jones had an intent to injure there?

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/4ryru/ljglu" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

I actually didn't think the hit on Allen justified a penalty and I hate the ****ing Patriots... However, after the hit he acted like he meant to do it with his posturing and that's what drew the flag.

Allen should slide or take the risk.

ChiliConCarnage 09-30-2019 08:21 AM

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20121205194057

Amnorix 09-30-2019 08:22 AM

I just don't even know where to begin.

1. Burfict could literally just push the guy over and he'd be down by contact. He didn't need to lower his shoulder or head or anything.

2. The guy Burfict hit IS NOT moving forward, DOES NOT lower his head, and contributes NOTHING to the head to head shot he takes.

3. Allen IS moving forward, DOES lower his helmet (to try to get to the first down marker) and DOES contribute to the helmet to helmet collision.

4. Burfict is running through the player. It's a borderline launch. Jones doesn't launch.

5. Burfict clearly intends to lead with his helmet. Jones COULD HAVE led with his helmet, but instead stops is trying to rotate around to lead with the shoulder. Allen drops his helmet and the two collide, mostly in an unfortunate "shit happens when two fast moving bodies collide" kind of way.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can see the Jones hit as WORSE.

burt 09-30-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14490241)
What do you do if you're Jones?

Who lowers his helmet here, Jones or Allen? Does Allen slide or do anything to suggest he's not trying to get more yards? Does Jones launch? Does Jones try to get his shoulder in there, or is he using his helmet as a weapon?

Wow. That shows he is no where near the goon that Burfict is. I was watching for Burfict to do something stupid during the first game

Not sure I see any violation on the Jones/Allen play..... just sayin!!!

BossChief 09-30-2019 08:29 AM

Both are dirty hits that deserve suspensions.

Hoopsdoc 09-30-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Not to side with Patriot scum, but Burfict nailed Doyle with his helmet. Led with it. I’m shocked Doyle wasn’t hurt.

Wallcrawler 09-30-2019 09:09 AM

It won't be until Burfict paralyzes/causes the death of a player and the NFL is sued into oblivion for sitting by for YEARS doing nothing that anything will happen.

Dude is a tragedy waiting to happen. Ban this ****er already. How many chances do you need? How many examples do you need to see before you say this is not tolerable in our league?

Antonio Brown is a massive twat, but Burfict could have killed him in that playoff game.

They allow him back on the field, someones life will be destroyed and the NFL will be crucified for it, deservedly so.

Amnorix 09-30-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14490309)
Both are dirty hits that deserve suspensions.

And you honestly think you'd say that if Jones was wearing a, whatever, Bucs or Niners uniform? I somehow find that difficult to believe tbh.

Halfcan 09-30-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14490241)
Yeah, that's a joke. There's a taller QB with 50 pounds on you heading your way. You're just short of the sticks on 3rd down and need to stop him. What do you do if you're Jones?

Who lowers his helmet here, Jones or Allen? Does Allen slide or do anything to suggest he's not trying to get more yards? Does Jones launch? Does Jones try to get his shoulder in there, or is he using his helmet as a weapon?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This angle shows why Jonathan Jones avoided an ejection. Trying to establish shoulder contact, neither lowered his helmet nor launched into Allen, and Allen is running forward with his helmet down. Perhaps an unnecessary hit, but Allen invited contact with the way he ran here. <a href="https://t.co/eB2lKWZt7D">pic.twitter.com/eB2lKWZt7D</a></p>&mdash; Matt Dolloff (@mattdolloff) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattdolloff/status/1178427799947878405?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Figures you would be in here defending that dirty hit that Was flagged for a penalty. LMAO

KChiefs1 09-30-2019 09:24 AM

Dirty player

alpha_omega 09-30-2019 09:29 AM

Ha, and he is a team captain. Nice job chucky!

rabblerouser 09-30-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 14490200)
Dude should be suspended permanently

They're talking about the remainder of the year as a minimum...

Have they suspended this piece of shit yet??

rabblerouser 09-30-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14490293)
I just don't even know where to begin.

1. Burfict could literally just push the guy over and he'd be down by contact. He didn't need to lower his shoulder or head or anything.

2. The guy Burfict hit IS NOT moving forward, DOES NOT lower his head, and contributes NOTHING to the head to head shot he takes.

3. Allen IS moving forward, DOES lower his helmet (to try to get to the first down marker) and DOES contribute to the helmet to helmet collision.

4. Burfict is running through the player. It's a borderline launch. Jones doesn't launch.

5. Burfict clearly intends to lead with his helmet. Jones COULD HAVE led with his helmet, but instead stops is trying to rotate around to lead with the shoulder. Allen drops his helmet and the two collide, mostly in an unfortunate "shit happens when two fast moving bodies collide" kind of way.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can see the Jones hit as WORSE.

Not worse, just about equal to anyone who isn't a Patriots fan (which includes the NFL).