ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Max Kellerman is the best analyst (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325977)

Mephistopheles Janx 10-15-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14527709)
I blame Pardon The Interruption for the current state of sports 'tv'.
they seemed to establish the formula; go on TV and argue for the sake of arguing.

Agreed. I liked the format of the program when it first came on but it quickly devolved into people just yelling dissenting opinions over one another with a "moderator" muting them every once in a while for giggles instead of effect.

Stephen A. Smith is everything that is wrong with sports "journalism" today.

notorious 10-15-2019 10:50 AM

Smith is great at his job. The proof is right here in this thread.

RealSNR 10-15-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 14527709)
I blame Pardon The Interruption for the current state of sports 'tv'.
they seemed to establish the formula; go on TV and argue for the sake of arguing.

PTI was the first, but I think they're the only show that actually succeeds at this format. Wilbon and Kornheiser are hardly experts, but they make an incredible tandem because they've known each other for so long going all the way back to before they had their show.

And on any given topic, they're ACTUALLY engaged with the material at hand. It never turns into Skip/Shannon where you could be talking college football and the topic devolves into Skip's stupid boner for Brady and the Cowboys.

They also seem far more honest about the sides they take. This isn't a, "I'll take the pro-Chiefs stance, you take the anti-Chiefs, k?" They'll talk Chiefs, and each side will give his opinion and respond to what the other guy said. If they're in agreement, the other guy will ADD to the conversation. And the best part is they're not like NFL Live or other bullshit shows where they talk AT the viewer... PTI is great because Wilbon and Kornheiser are actually talking to each other.

You can tell they do things the non-scripted, non-corporatized way because some of their most heated disagreements actually erupt from times when they initially agree with each other. The conversation evolved. It grew. Layers got added.

Again, I'm not trying to act like I'm a connoisseur of something as mindless as sports talk TV. All I'm saying is that if people hate that these kinds of shows have turned into pro vs. con or "say stupid batty shit and get people upset" or a mixture of both, PTI is a complete point of departure from those programs, and it has been that way ever since it got started when it was the only thing of its kind.

Dayze 10-15-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14527799)
PTI was the first, but I think they're the only show that actually succeeds at this format. Wilbon and Kornheiser are hardly experts, but they make an incredible tandem because they've known each other for so long going all the way back to before they had their show.

And on any given topic, they're ACTUALLY engaged with the material at hand. It never turns into Skip/Shannon where you could be talking college football and the topic devolves into Skip's stupid boner for Brady and the Cowboys.

They also seem far more honest about the sides they take. This isn't a, "I'll take the pro-Chiefs stance, you take the anti-Chiefs, k?" They'll talk Chiefs, and each side will give his opinion and respond to what the other guy said. If they're in agreement, the other guy will ADD to the conversation. And the best part is they're not like NFL Live or other bullshit shows where they talk AT the viewer... PTI is great because Wilbon and Kornheiser are actually talking to each other.

You can tell they do things the non-scripted, non-corporatized way because some of their most heated disagreements actually erupt from times when they initially agree with each other. The conversation evolved. It grew. Layers got added.

Again, I'm not trying to act like I'm a connoisseur of something as mindless as sports talk TV. All I'm saying is that if people hate that these kinds of shows have turned into pro vs. con or "say stupid batty shit and get people upset" or a mixture of both, PTI is a complete point of departure from those programs, and it has been that way ever since it got started when it was the only thing of its kind.

yeah; when I said I blame PTI...I should've said I blame them from the standpoint of causing all these other horrendous shows to try to duplicate PTI. I actually like PTI.

my wife had surgery about 2 weeks back and I stayed home with her a day or two; I caught some of these shows; not sure if I'm getting their names entirely right, but my god...they are awful. Around the Horn; the one with Shannon and Thkip. and the one with Whitlock. Though, I don't think Whitlocks is the same format, more of a discussion than debate; but I had to throw that one in there too lol.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10-15-2019 11:20 AM

Max making his case for Mahomes as MVP still

dls6501 10-15-2019 11:21 AM

Max Kellerman is a fantastic boxing analyst. Other sports, not so much. Just because you may agree with a particular take of his, doent mean he is the best. Lol.

Molitoth 10-15-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14527683)
Stephen A is a bandwagon jumper, he was putting the Chiefs at #1 on his Power Rankings and hyping Patrick Mahomes up until our first loss.

Well.... I'd say most of us are bandwagon jumpers at this point.

I thought this was the Chiefs year for a superbowl.... I'm off that wagon.

Fisher will come back and the offense will find a way to improve (because Mahomes).
This defense is WAYYYY too bad.

ChiefBlueCFC 10-15-2019 03:03 PM

I enjoy it when Stephen A contradicts himself several times in a segment to try and make his point

TEX 10-15-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14527851)
Well.... I'd say most of us are bandwagon jumpers at this point.

I thought this was the Chiefs year for a superbowl.... I'm off that wagon.

Fisher will come back and the offense will find a way to improve (because Mahomes).
This defense is WAYYYY too bad.

Yep. The Defense is WAYYYYY too bad for sure. They wont get as far as last year. If they make the playoffs, they'll get bounced early.

Setsuna 10-15-2019 08:19 PM

It's not hard to look like a genius next to Stephen A's ignorant behind. He's decent though standalone.

KC_Connection 10-15-2019 08:21 PM

Kellerman’s job is to disagree with Stephen A. If Stephen A loved the Chiefs, Kellerman would hate them.

jd1020 10-15-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14529262)
Kellerman’s job is to disagree with Stephen A. If Stephen A loved the Chiefs, Kellerman would hate them.

Ya but Stephen A went from talking about how Mahomes was better and he wasnt arguing that, to Michael Jordan didnt deserve the MVP every year, to he hasn't seen anything Mahomes has done that Watson cant which would kind of contradict his stance that Mahomes was better. He's just stupid to listen to because what's the argument that Michael Jordan didnt deserve MVP every year? The Wizards?

Setsuna 10-15-2019 08:35 PM

I can only watch Stephen A talk for 30 seconds at most. He's just cancer in human form.

FanXiche 10-15-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14529297)
I can only watch Stephen A talk for 30 seconds at most. He's just cancer in human form.

You and my brother have the same ideas.

Setsuna 10-15-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanXiche (Post 14529319)
You and my brother have the same ideas.

There's some rep for you my man. :thumb: