ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request Lost a pet today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326467)

JohnnyHammersticks 11-04-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14575411)
My cat Spooky. He was 10 and a half years old. Got him and his brother when they were tiny kittens.

Several months later my mom passed away, dad got remarried about 6 months later and moved out, brother moved out. My cats were the thing that gave me comfort for a year or so after losing my mom.

Today I got up from a nap and saw him hunched over the couch. I knew it wasnt good. I'm a mess, his sibling appears depressed.

I know pets are not people but it feels like I've lost a family member and part of that comfort I had during what felt like impossible difficult times is now gone.

Sorry to hear this man. I don't have any magic words, but I'll send one out for you. Hopefully you'll do the same when that time comes because I'll be a mess too. Half because of the loss I'm going to feel, half because of the loss the remaining one will feel. Hang in there, I feel for you. They are definitely family.

Marcellus 11-04-2019 08:25 PM

Sorry about your loss Billay, pets are family.

Halfcan 11-04-2019 08:25 PM

Sorry for your loss. Best wishes.

IA_Chiefs_fan 11-04-2019 08:40 PM

I'm very sorry that happened :-(

BigRedChief 11-04-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14575411)
My cat Spooky. He was 10 and a half years old. Got him and his brother when they were tiny kittens.

Several months later my mom passed away, dad got remarried about 6 months later and moved out, brother moved out. My cats were the thing that gave me comfort for a year or so after losing my mom.

Today I got up from a nap and saw him hunched over the couch. I knew it wasnt good. I'm a mess, his sibling appears depressed.

I know pets are not people but it feels like I've lost a family member and part of that comfort I had during what felt like impossible difficult times is now gone.

Our pets are like family to us. Sorry for your loss.

New World Order 11-04-2019 08:44 PM

Sorry Billay, that sucks man

TLO 11-04-2019 08:46 PM

I lost my black lab over the weekend. He was 14 or 15, we couldn't remember his age for sure. Wasn't sick, wasn't suffering, just laid down and died. Idk if it hasn't fully set in yet or what, but I'm kinda numb to it.

Like others have said, take solace in knowing you gave your pet a good life. I keep trying to remind myself of that when I think about Jackson passing away.

TLO 11-04-2019 08:54 PM

I didn't post this in my thread a while back - but the thread I started about losing a pet (sometime in September) was absolutely horrible.

I watched a family member back their car up and hit our cat. She jumped out yelling his name, as he tried to run for a second. About 6 seconds later, he laid down and died.

A member of our family for a long, long time - gone.

It's still awful to think about.

BryanBusby 11-04-2019 08:55 PM

Man that sucks

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14575560)
I didn't post this in my thread a while back - but the thread I started about losing a pet (sometime in September) was absolutely horrible.

I watched a family member back their car up and hit our cat. She jumped out yelling his name, as he tried to run for a second. About 6 seconds later, he laid down and died.

A member of our family for a long, long time - gone.

It's still awful to think about.

Jesus man I'm so sorry.

The thing that just ****ing eats me up is not knowing how exactly he died. This morning he was meowing for food acting normal. Did see seem sick at all then this afternoon boom gone.

lewdog 11-04-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14575578)
Jesus man I'm so sorry.

The thing that just ****ing eats me up is not knowing how exactly he died. This morning he was meowing for food acting normal. Did see seem sick at all then this afternoon boom gone.

That's basically what happened to ours too. Hit in the afternoon, dilated eyes and heavy breathing. Had to put her down early the next morning when they found fluid on her lungs. Had been young, active and absolutely no health issues prior.

Loves Billay.

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-04-2019 09:05 PM

Sorry for the loss. Its so hard to lose a pet, but remember, their sadness at death pales to joy during the time you had them and the good home you and love you provided.

Dartgod 11-04-2019 09:07 PM

Sorry for your loss Billay. I'm not a cat person either, but love my dogs and understand how difficult it is to lose a furbaby.

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 09:09 PM

Holy shit and the black cat rushes the field during the MNF game lol

Titty Meat 11-04-2019 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=TLO;14575560]I didn't post this in my thread a while back - but the thread I started about losing a pet (sometime in September) was absolutely horrible.

I watched a family member back their car up and hit our cat. She jumped out yelling
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14575589)
That's basically what happened to ours too. Hit in the afternoon, dilated eyes and heavy breathing. Had to put her down early the next morning when they found fluid on her lungs. Had been young, active and absolutely no health issues prior.

Loves Billay.

How old was your cat?