ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chris Jones pending [contract] situation (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327107)

DaFace 12-04-2019 10:35 AM

Do I want to keep him? Absolutely. I just don't think we can justify it given the upcoming contracts that are going to need to be paid.

Chicago is a lesson that one player cannot a championship make.

staylor26 12-04-2019 10:35 AM

This ****ing thread title gave me instant anxiety thanks a lot O.City

:cuss:

KChiefs1 12-04-2019 10:36 AM

Frank Clark him.

BlackHelicopters 12-04-2019 10:36 AM

Don’t overpay this under achieving clown.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2019 10:36 AM

Depends if KC can get premium draft picks en masse then I'm in favor of tagging and trading Chris Jones.

Positional value has changed for this team since PMII isn't as durable as we hoped.

improving the OL and RB positions supercedes the defensive holes in the LB and CB corps.

It's all about protecting Mahomes to ensure a legitimate 10-15 year SB window.

staylor26 12-04-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 14633386)
Don’t overpay this under achieving clown.

What a stupid ****ing take. Underachieving? :facepalm:

Dude has 21.5 sacks in the last 2 years (25 games). If that’s “underachieving” I’d love to see what him overachieving would look like.

Marcellus 12-04-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14633379)
Do I want to keep him? Absolutely. I just don't think we can justify it given the upcoming contracts that are going to need to be paid.

Im in this camp. I want to keep him but if he plans to absolutely break the bank then nope. Tag and trade baby, tag and trade.

Hoover 12-04-2019 10:41 AM

For me it all depends.

I love the guy, and think he's great, but there are two factors. One, what's the cost to keep him. Two, what can I get for him.

Just the way the Chiefs are constructed (meaning cap situation) I'm more willing to shop him, especially if I can get a first round pick and another mid round pick. Those picks not only help fill immediate holes on the roster (Oline, LB, CB, RB, and TE) but they help manage the cap and keep the roster young.

So while I'd love to keep Chris Jones, I think the team would be better after a draft that contains two first rounders at key positions.

BlackHelicopters 12-04-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14633391)
What a stupid ****ing take. Underachieving? :facepalm:

Dude has 21.5 sacks in the last 2 years (25 games). If that’s “underachieving” I’d love to see what him overachieving would look like.

No need to use obscenities when referencing my opinion.

-King- 12-04-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14633379)

Well sure, but the problem wasn't him. The problem was the QB they chose. If they had Mahomes and Mack, they'd have a championship. So that's not really an apples to apples comparison

lawrenceRaider 12-04-2019 10:44 AM

As an FYI, both Gabe Jackson and Rodney Hudson are basically playing on one leg, so I wouldn't make much of a performance against them last time out.

staylor26 12-04-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 14633406)
No need to use obscenities when referencing my opinion.

It was probably the dumbest take on CP that I’ve seen all season and that says a lot. Congrats?

staylor26 12-04-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14633410)
As an FYI, both Gabe Jackson and Rodney Hudson are basically playing on one leg, so I wouldn't make much of a performance against them last time out.

Lol “one leg” yea sure buddy LMAO

O.city 12-04-2019 10:47 AM

If you can get a Frank Clark haul from the trade, I would explore it.

Problem with that is where will the picks be. If a team like Miami would trade one of their firsts or something for him, yeah, lets do that.

I'm just not high on letting drafted, developed players walk. I realize sometimes you have to, but damn, that's ideally what you want and now you wanna let him go.

The Frank Clark deal just kills you.

Hydrae 12-04-2019 10:54 AM

With the seeming break out by Nnadi and Saunders he is more expendable. If we can resign Ogbah I would be fine with a tag and trade deal for Jones.