ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You Just Got To Play Him! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327165)

Kman34 12-06-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14637660)
And I know he's cut but that dude is still LITTLE.

Y'all see him after the TD run? I think it was after the TD run anyway, but Mahomes was up next to him getting him fired up and Mahomes made him look like a little kid. And Mahomes is hardly a big football player.

The guy isn't just football small - he's normal human being small. And for as cut as he is, he still doesn't have a large frame in the same sense that a guy like Mark Ingram does. Even a guy like Darren Sproles was just built sturdier. Thompson is strong, but he's still angular. He's not built like a short, squad guy - He's built like a miniaturized tall guy.

Devin "Motor" Singletary is 5’ 7” and 203 lbs... he seems to do fine for the Bills..

Lzen 12-06-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14637660)
...Mahomes is hardly a big football player...

:spock:
ESPN lists Mahomes as 6' 3" and 230lbs. That's a big QB.

DJ's left nut 12-06-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14637740)
Devin "Motor" Singletary is 5’ 7” and 203 lbs... he seems to do fine for the Bills..

Yeah but don't you feel like Singletary is built differently? That's kinda the point I'm trying to make. It isn't even strictly about height/weight but rather about build and how that weight is carried. Frankly, I think they're sneaking in about 15-20 lbs on Darwin, but it's really neither here nor there.

I know what his measurables are but man, to just look at the guy he isn't very big at all. I was frankly stunned when I saw him in person. And I've seen the combine picks so I know the dude is YOKED. But he's just...angular. I think scouts call it 'high cut' and I don't know what they mean by that but I think it applies to Thompson.

And maybe it's just that he runs a little higher so he APPEARS to be less squat? Because the guy stands out for how small he is out there and it isn't just his height. He looks like a little kid standing next to guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 14637743)
:spock:
ESPN lists Mahomes as 6' 3" and 230lbs. That's a big QB.

And?

I didn't say a big quarterback. I said a big football player. As in a comparison to the guys that are going to be hitting Mr. Thompson.

Yes, Mahomes has a sturdy build for a QB. But as far as all football players go he's relatively ordinary. And a lot of the dudes that are gonna put a bullseye on Darwin are much MUCH bigger.

crispystl 12-06-2019 05:10 PM

You Just Got To Play Him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14637642)
If it’s ball security, then he must be a fumbling machine to lose carries to Damien Williams and McCoy

At first I thought it was pass pro. Then he had that dumb play a few games ago where he ran out of bounds to stop the clock when we were milking it. So I’ve always wondered if it was a combo of those two or if they were hiding him for the late season run. If the latter were true though, I doubt they would’ve put him on tape like that last week for New England to see, so yeah....I’m really confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-06-2019 05:12 PM

Reminds me of Tarik Cohen

Bump 12-06-2019 05:13 PM

he's the only RB that has shown any ability to break a tackle and have some burst.

Simply Red 12-06-2019 05:34 PM

Play the piece of shit!

rtmike 12-06-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 14637841)
Play the piece of shit!

. <-

Chief Roundup 12-06-2019 10:18 PM

If he is going to get to play his pass pro better be a lot better.

Chris Meck 12-07-2019 10:13 AM

I agree the issue has to have been pass pro and blitz pick-up.

That said, I'm excited about his potential.

We're never going to be a 'power running game' so why not just kill mother****ers with speed from the RB spot too?

jjjayb 12-07-2019 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14638091)
If he is going to get to play his pass pro better be a lot better.

Better than what? Where are the issues? Have you seen them or are you assuming?

chiefzilla1501 12-07-2019 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 14637652)
Darwin was able to do something we havent done all year. Close out a game running the ball when the opposing defense knows thats what we are doing.

Maybe he is just now ready or maybe he has been ready and wasnt allowed to go in the game. Id like to believe the coaches know best but if you believe that then why did Mcullogh have to insist on putting him out there. Bienemy and Reid had to be forced into it, it sounds like.

Either way, I hope he is ready and provides the spark in the run game we have been missing. Maybe see some classic Spencer Ware moves as well!

To be fair, though... The game was already over. He looked impressive but the raiders didn't look like they cared at that point.

Rasputin 12-07-2019 10:28 AM

If we can utilize a play maker going into ****sborough Massachushits then we can dump a bunch of tea in the harbor and have us a party.

Chief Roundup 12-07-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 14638321)
Better than what? Where are the issues? Have you seen them or are you assuming?

He has failed miserably. I have seen it with my own eyes as have many others. It has been pointed out when he has had the opportunity. He failed twice last week in 2 opportunities. Yes the penalty was BS but he lack of technique and ability still made Mahomes roll out early.

jjjayb 12-07-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14638475)
He has failed miserably. I have seen it with my own eyes as have many others. It has been pointed out when he has had the opportunity. He failed twice last week in 2 opportunities. Yes the penalty was BS but he lack of technique and ability still made Mahomes roll out early.

Mahomes has had to roll out early on most drop backs all year. How is it different with mighty mouse in there?