ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Participation Poll: "When things open" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330626)

KCUnited 04-15-2020 04:39 PM

Barbershop
Parks reopening
Personally interacting with friends
Being human

TLO 04-15-2020 04:41 PM

2 chicks at the same time.

el borracho 04-15-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14909383)
Barbershop
Parks reopening
Personally interacting with friends
Being human

Hadn't thought about the barbershop, but that is a good question. Very close personal touching with strangers. I assume the barbers will wash their hands after each client. I wonder if each client will run home to shower after the cut.

And I assume that everybody will interact with friends again when it is officially allowed. Is that a bad assumption? Are there people who won't see their friends socially again, even after the restrictions are lifted?

The Franchise 04-15-2020 04:43 PM

Haircut for sure.

Peter Gibbons 04-15-2020 04:44 PM

None of the above.
However, I will fully return to my prior haircut regime.

MahiMike 04-15-2020 04:47 PM

We don't eat out a lot but we're jonesin' for eating out now.

Bearcat 04-15-2020 04:50 PM

Complicated question... in general, considering the number of cases here and the fact that I don't go out a ton anyway, I'd get back to normal activities. Assuming there's some data/research backing up the fact that we can all go back to some sort of normal daily life without starting a 2nd apocalypse, then I'd trust that to a large extent (just like trusting the idea of needing to stay at home for a month+).

I'd think the complications with sports across all states would mean it's not going to be an all-at-once deal... plus it would make sense to hold off on huge events at first to make sure it's not the wrong decision.

There's a CNN article about other countries attempting to get back to normal, so there will be some examples out there by the time we do it, and I'm sure a lot of analysis on each of their experiences up to this point and how they're getting back to normal.

I would probably be in the 'early adopter' group of going out and even traveling, but it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't go to a lot of close-contact/crowded places anyway.

KurtCobain 04-15-2020 04:50 PM

Go see my kids.

KCUnited 04-15-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 14909393)
Hadn't thought about the barbershop, but that is a good question. Very close personal touching with strangers. I assume the barbers will wash their hands after each client. I wonder if each client will run home to shower after the cut.

And I assume that everybody will interact with friends again when it is officially allowed. Is that a bad assumption? Are there people who won't see their friends socially again, even after the restrictions are lifted?

"Restrictions" is a broad category. Business restrictions with limits or an all up lift on social distancing? There's a difference.

el borracho 04-15-2020 05:02 PM

Business restrictions.

There are many businesses that need high volume to survive. I am curious if just lifting the restrictions on businesses will be enough or will people still avoid certain businesses, irregardless of the restrictions. In other words, will it make financial sense for a restaurant/ barber/ cruise ship to open when the restrictions are lifted, or will they just lose money because clients will stay home?

TrebMaxx 04-15-2020 05:02 PM

I voted to eat in a restaurant. With that being said I will most likely wait awhile after the go ahead to do so.

el borracho 04-15-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 14909468)
I voted to eat in a restaurant. With that being said I will most likely wait awhile after the go ahead to do so.

"A while" = 1 week or 1 month or ????

ThaVirus 04-15-2020 05:04 PM

I'm going to go right back to normal as soon a I'm able.

I'll probably take advantage of these airline/cruise prices immediately. I'm thinking I'd love to go to Hawaii.

I'm also a season pass holder at Universal and I will be there the first day they open for sure.

jdubya 04-15-2020 05:08 PM

I still have my airfare and hotel reservations for Hawaii at the end of May for now.....

stevieray 04-15-2020 05:10 PM

Barber

Hobby Lobby

Knuckleheads