ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Willie Gay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333887)

Dunerdr 09-30-2020 10:22 AM

If i remember right he didnt play a ton in college did he?

htismaqe 09-30-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15205586)
If i remember right he didnt play a ton in college did he?

He played in the LB rotation at Mississippi State but was suspended his junior season and missed 8 games.

He really only had 5 games as a starter, from what I understand.

jaa1025 09-30-2020 10:28 AM

I'd rather a physically gifted rookie with a high ceiling that will make a few mental mistakes a game play over a below average vet that knows the playbook but can't make simple tackles.

htismaqe 09-30-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 15205597)
I'd rather a physically gifted rookie with a high ceiling that will make a few mental mistakes a game play over a below average vet that knows the playbook but can't make simple tackles.

That would be why you're not an NFL coach.

Those mental mistakes can become habits. Rushing a guy out there too early can literally ruin his career.

BossChief 09-30-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaa1025 (Post 15205597)

As a fan, I understand that take...but I bet his teammates would rather have the guy on the field that knows where to be so they don’t look bad.

The more Gay understands where to lineup and his responsibilities pre and post snap, the more time on the field he will earn because the physical part of his game is elite. As some have pointed out, his snaps are increasing so that’s a great sign that he’s learning those things on the fly and the coaches are trusting him more and more.

htismaqe 09-30-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15206170)
As a fan, I understand that take...but I bet his teammates would rather have the guy on the field that knows where to be so they don’t look bad.

The more Gay understands where to lineup and his responsibilities pre and post snap, the more time on the field he will earn because the physical part of his game is elite. As some have pointed out, his snaps are increasing so that’s a great sign that he’s learning those things on the fly and the coaches are trusting him more and more.

:thumb:

Rasputin 09-30-2020 08:02 PM

I'd use Willie Gay as a spy on Cam not blitz him but keep him from running up field. He has closing speed.

Halfcan 09-30-2020 08:15 PM

At least he didn't get drug up the field by a TE like QUeen did on several plays by Kelce.

PAChiefsGuy 09-30-2020 09:07 PM

Got to be patient w this guy he is raw.