ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Quick reminder of why you shouldn't make stupid trades (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334051)

Dunerdr 10-05-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 15217985)
It's funny how fast life comes at you. There was a point 9 months ago where it looked like O'Brien had his team dominating, a couple good quarters away from guaranteeing an AFC championship game in Houston. Facing a Titans team they had already beat when they both played at full strength. Legit chance at a Super Bowl.

Now they're 0-4, team looks like a dismantled train wreck with a bottom 5 offense and defense, and they've traded away their top draft picks.

Imagine how fast the 49ers dline dismantles that O-line. JFC.

lcarus 10-05-2020 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15218029)
The Dolphins are another good draft and Tua working out from making NE a 3rd place team every year.

You're right. If Tua works out they'll be in really good shape. They'll have a good coach and QB combo like all good teams. Reid/Mahomes, Payton/Brees, Fangio/Rypien, etc.

smithandrew051 10-05-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15218038)
Imagine how fast the 49ers dline dismantles that O-line. JFC.

I guess in one game anything could happen, buuuuutttttt.....

The 49ers would’ve obliterated the Texans. It would’ve been on par with what the Buccaneers did to the Raiders or what the Seahawks did to the Broncos.

notorious 10-05-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15217948)
Didn't Tunsil rape the Texans on a contract too?

And I seem to recall he's been a penalty machine too....

Cowherd sucked the Texans dick over that trade.

“They have to protect Watson, so this trade is great. What were they going to get with those picks anyway? Picks are a crapshoot, Tunsil is guaranteed. Now they have a group core set for a decade!”

Shit like that made me turn him off. ****ing reeruned.

RealSNR 10-05-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15218007)
A couple of years ago the Rams put together a team for the ages. Marcus Paters, Aqib Talib, Ndamukong Suh, and an offense built around rising superstars Jared Goff and Todd Gurley. I wonder what ever happened to that team.

They didn't have Brett Veach as their GM, that's what happened.

Mecca 10-05-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15218044)
You're right. If Tua works out they'll be in really good shape. They'll have a good coach and QB combo like all good teams. Reid/Mahomes, Payton/Brees, Fangio/Rypien, etc.

The worst thing that could happen for everyone else is of Houston gets the #1 pick because then they can auction that off for a ton more capitol.

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15218058)

“They have to protect Watson, so this trade is great. What were they going to get with those picks anyway? Picks are a crapshoot, Tunsil is guaranteed. Now they have a group core set for a decade!”

People need to stop with the "picks are a crapshoot" nonsense. I suppose they are when your GM doesn't actually do his homework, but they don't have to be.

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15218093)
The worst thing that could happen for everyone else is of Houston gets the #1 pick because then they can auction that off for a ton more capitol.

I don't think they will, but it also wouldn't be the end of the world. Miami should be good, perhaps even very good. But they won't threaten the Chiefs.

RealSNR 10-05-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15218058)

I hate that argument for trading away high picks. If draft picks weren't important, they wouldn't be used in trades as often as they are.

"Picks are a crapshoot." Yeah, Colin? You're telling me they're such a crapshoot that it's just as likely that two consecutive 1st rounders will bust as it is this LT you traded for will be healthy and productive for all of those seasons? If that's the case, then your team REALLLY sucks at drafting, and the personnel dept needs a huge ass overhaul.

big nasty kcnut 10-05-2020 11:40 AM

Bob a special sort of stupid.

Mecca 10-05-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15218102)
I don't think they will, but it also wouldn't be the end of the world. Miami should be good, perhaps even very good. But they won't threaten the Chiefs.

Auctioning off the Lawrence pick would bring them a ton of picks, an epic boatload but if you do that you better be damn sure Tua is the guy.

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15218118)
Auctioning off the Lawrence pick would bring them a ton of picks, an epic boatload but if you do that you better be damn sure Tua is the guy.

The truth is even Lawrence isn't going to be in Patrick's league.

Mecca 10-05-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15218121)

Sure but I'd rather avoid him being in the conference especially on a younger team with a ton of cap space.

htismaqe 10-05-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15218121)

Nope.

It's good to be a champion.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2020 11:45 AM

Texans fans should begin flying banners. But I’ve said many times, their fan base isn’t real passionate.