ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How long do you plan on wearing a mask in public? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337543)

TLO 03-18-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15591344)
I hope that people that are sick in the future throw a mask on as courtesy to others.

Who am I kidding? People are assholes.

I was going to add this in as well. I think going forward, if I'm not feeling well and ah in public I think I might throw on a mask as a curiosity to others.

Donger 03-18-2021 07:57 AM

Until I'm fully vaccinated, and where I go (airplanes, clients, etc.) no longer require it.

Hammock Parties 03-18-2021 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15591343)
In many cases, it’s required by the County. There are severe repercussions for the businesses if they don’t enforce the County’s rule.

I get that it’s kind of ridiculous to make a business enforce the County’s rule on the customers, but they don’t have much of a choice.

Don't lecture to me, cock. I've been following the god damn rules.

smithandrew051 03-18-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15591350)
Don't lecture to me, cock. I've been following the god damn rules.

Not lecturing at all.

Just pointing out that it isn’t the businesses choosing to require it. Their hands are tied.

tmax63 03-18-2021 08:00 AM

I only wear one when I have to. To work as a food delivery driver part time it's a requirement. All public places that ignore the edict of the great and powerful Gov. Polis and where I can avoid it, I don't. I'm scheduled for my first shot on the 22th and plan on wearing it even less after that.

Hammock Parties 03-18-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15591351)
Not lecturing at all.

Just pointing out that it isn’t the businesses choosing to require it. Their hands are tied.

No shit? I wasn't aware of that. Holy ****ing shit. What a ****ing revelation.

KC_Lee 03-18-2021 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15591343)
In many cases, it’s required by the County. There are severe repercussions for the businesses if they don’t enforce the County’s rule.

I get that it’s kind of ridiculous to make a business enforce the County’s rule on the customers, but they don’t have much of a choice.

This is why I wear one until the powers that be lift the rules. I don't want to be the asshole that gets a business that I frequent in trouble, simply because they are enforcing rules that were placed on them.

BWillie 03-18-2021 08:34 AM

Until the restrictions are lifted and I am vaccinated.

Dartgod 03-18-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Not lecturing at all.

That's not true. The county I live in does not have a mask mandate. However, Walmart, Sams, Home Depot, Target and many other businesses require them. Price Chopper and Hy-Vee do not require them, but most people wear them anyway.

loochy 03-18-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Not lecturing at all.

That's not necessarily true.

Here, there is no state, county, or city mandate. It's entirely up to the business.

FloridaMan88 03-18-2021 08:39 AM

I have barely been wearing a stupid mask since last summer... only in the few stores that still require it and of course when flying on an airplane (which is a disgusting experience, having to wear a mask in that environment).

By end of this summer, the mask thing will be over.

BWillie 03-18-2021 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15591405)
I have barely been wearing a stupid mask since last summer... only in the few stores that still require it and of course when flying on an airplane (which is a disgusting experience, having to wear a mask in that environment).

By end of this summer, the mask thing will be over.

Hopefully. As long as enough anti-vaxxers get vaccinated. The more that refuse, the more this could drag on. I'm not sure the percentage of people aged 18-55 who will refuse to get the vaccine, but around these parts based on who I talk to it's quite alot.

ChiefBlueCFC 03-18-2021 08:41 AM

I don't mind wearing a mask, it's kinda nice to have my face hidden and not have to worry about greeting or being overly pleasant to strangers

oldman 03-18-2021 08:49 AM

I don't like them either, but it's a small thing to do until this plague is over. Even if I'm fully vaccinated, I could still be carrying the bug. The 25 year old person I'm standing next to in line might be on chemo. That person might be your kid or significant other. If the minor pain-in-the-ass prevents another death, I'm in.

Hydrae 03-18-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15591403)
That's not necessarily true.

Here, there is no state, county, or city mandate. It's entirely up to the business.

I went from Austin to South Padre Island last week so got to see a decent amount of the state. Most everywhere I went masks were required by the businesses still.

Now at the bar no one was wearing a mask while at their table. But I think everyone put one on when they got up from the table. So my observation is that most everyone is still wearing a mask here in Texas even with the restrictions lifted statewide. Some local authorities still have mandates in place (see Austin) and many businesses are mandating them for entry. I think this will continue for several more months.