ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Harrison Butker is the second-most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339425)

oldman 08-15-2021 01:49 PM

I hate kickers almost as much as I hate QBs not named Mahomes. However, it should be pointed out that Gould missed one, too.

dlphg9 08-15-2021 01:49 PM

Call me when he ****s up a playoff spot or causes us to lose a post season game because he missed an XP. I'd take him over anyone, because he's clutch as **** and eats pussys like Red Dawg for breakfast.

srvy 08-15-2021 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15784933)
Who's #1?

Nick ****ing Lowery?

Reluctantly Janski but even he let us down in double OT.

Redbled 08-15-2021 02:01 PM

If the two point conversion rate is 50 percent or higher than go for it almost every time. More points over the course of a season.

Deberg_1990 08-15-2021 02:04 PM

Modern kickers should be more accurate than ever. All the stadiums have about perfect turf or indoors now.

It’s not the same as back in the Jan Stenarud days when they kicked in the dirt and mud.

smithandrew051 08-15-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbled (Post 15784965)
If the two point conversion rate is 50 percent or higher than go for it almost every time. More points over the course of a season.

If our OL proves to be elite in run blocking, then I’m all for it.

If our offense has the threat of the run in that situation, I’ll take our offense to pick up a few yards all day.

TomBarndtsTwin 08-15-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 15784941)
Nobody. He's as good as any for sure but I don't trust kickers. I hope it doesn't come down to him. I definitely didn't like us giving him a a five year deal. Kickers need the pressure of being gone if they **** up too much.

Pay them two years at a time and that's it.

My history as a Chiefs fan makes me leery, but I generally trust Butker.

That said, in all fairness to Butker, I don’t want games coming down to him either. When we have a QB like Mahomes and the offense that we have, I would much rather they decide the game on their own and not leave it up to Butker. But, obviously, part of that comes down to coaching and play calling. So that part, at least, is out of Butker’s control.

ThyKingdomCome15 08-15-2021 02:33 PM

Xp's are important. Big difference between a 3 and 4 point lead late in the 4th. With that said, Butker is awesome. Glad he's a Chief.

(Call your golf doctor. -Mitch Holtus after failed XP)

RZKYBZNZ 08-15-2021 02:38 PM

Happy to have him!

rabblerouser 08-15-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15784962)
Reluctantly Janski but even he let us down in double OT.

According to NL's Youth Foundation website, "Nick was inducted into the Kansas City Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2009 as the most accurate kicker in NFL History, the Chiefs All-Time leading Scorer, with the most field goals in NFL History when he retired from the NFL."

So, if Nick was the most accurate kicker in NFL History in 2009, then ol' Janners wouldn't be the most accurate in team history, right?

Megatron96 08-15-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15785000)
Xp's are important. Big difference between a 3 and 4 point lead late in the 4th. With that said, Butker is awesome. Glad he's a Chief.

(Call your golf doctor. -Mitch Holtus after failed XP)

:rolleyes:
Yes, they are so important that the Chiefs should cut Butker because he missed a handful of XPs last season, none of which directly impacted the outcome of any game. That way KC can go after a PK that statistically is significantly worse than Butker when kicking FGs (because literally that's all that's left out there) because that guy MIGHT kick 3-4 more XPs per season.

Pure genius.

Glad you nitwits don't have a say in how they run the team . . . :clap:

TomBarndtsTwin 08-15-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15785017)
According to NL's Youth Foundation website, "Nick was inducted into the Kansas City Chiefs Hall of Fame in 2009 as the most accurate kicker in NFL History, the Chiefs All-Time leading Scorer, with the most field goals in NFL History when he retired from the NFL."

So, if Nick was the most accurate kicker in NFL History in 2009, then ol' Janners wouldn't be the most accurate in team history, right?

There’s no way that’s true. Nick Lowery was an 80% FG kicker for his career. That means he missed one out of every 5 FG’s he tried for the Chiefs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...lowernic01.htm

Surely, the Chiefs have had someone over 80% for their career in KC? You would think, anyway. Stoyo, maybe? Although short lived. I guess it did say ‘as of 2009’. Pretty sure Succop, Santos and obviously Butker, have all surpassed that % in their time with the Chiefs.

But no way was he the ‘most accurate kicker in NFL history’ as of 2009. That’s misinformed.

srvy 08-15-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15785017)

Ol Nick was accurate till you needed one really bad:thumb:

Red Dawg 08-15-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15784953)
Call me when he ****s up a playoff spot or causes us to lose a post season game because he missed an XP. I'd take him over anyone, because he's clutch as **** and eats pussys like Red Dawg for breakfast.

Lol. I am glad we have him. I just don't like kickers in general. They **** up in terrible times. Ask the Vikes back in the day. Ask the Bears from a few years ago. Ask Bill's fans. I don't want games coming down to Butkers leg. He has missed in big games.

rabblerouser 08-15-2021 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15785027)
Ol Nick was accurate till you needed one really bad:thumb:

Every ****ing time.

I'll never forget the one in Miami. I was...STUNNED.