ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340576)

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15928070)
Throughout the current shit show. Tyreek has been the lone bright spot. Dude just delivers.

Yeah but even he's had some pretty crucial mistakes. Take out even just a randomly selected handful of turnovers this year and we're not talking about Mahomes' mental state at all.

DRM08 11-01-2021 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15928070)
Throughout the current shit show. Tyreek has been the lone bright spot. Dude just delivers.

Not entirely. He's had some bobbled ball INT's and a bad fumble deep in Chargers territory that killed them. Kelce was the only one until tonight who seemed to avoid these type of mistakes.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15928082)
It's this right here. Basically all new, young offensive line. They've done great at times and other times they've shit the bed. That's to be expected and I think it will get better with more games under their belt. Mahomes will benefit from that time with them as well.

As far as the receivers, with all the crazy tipped passes, dropped balls, fumbles, and random crazy shit that somehow results in a turnover every other possession, it's gotten in Mahomes head. That will also get better with time. I mean it ****ing has to right? This shit's insane. This team was one of the best in the league at not turning the football over. For several years. Now all of a sudden they're turning it over on a 1/4 of their possessions? Crazy.

The turnover thing is totally unsustainable and yet somehow they've managed to sustain it for 8 weeks. It's an anti-miracle.

The coin has to come up in our favor eventually. When it does, Patrick will look a lot closer to normal.

RollChiefsRoll 11-01-2021 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928091)
Not entirely. He's had some bobbled ball INT's and a bad fumble deep in Chargers territory that killed them. Kelce was the only one until tonight who seemed to avoid these type of mistakes.

OKAY FINE EVERYONE SUCKS

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:32 PM

That Rick Ankiel reference tonight is going to be memorable when he ends up winning MVP again in the next few years.

suzzer99 11-01-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15928097)
That Rick Ankiel reference tonight is going to be memorable when he ends up winning MVP again in the next few years.

You don't think he's gonna pull it out this year? YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:36 PM

Our fans clearly need this kick in the dick. We have completely forgotten how to deal with adversity. If fans are this reactive to a few bad games, they're fair weathered fans. He's more than earned the time and trust to figure this shit out. And he will.

Wallcrawler 11-01-2021 10:36 PM

All I know is that Patrick Mahomes is the best quarterback I've ever seen. I've witnessed three of the best years of Chiefs football ever, and I saw this kid deliver a title. Something some of my friends and family died never getting to see.

The kid looked unstoppable the past 3 years. A tiny bit of adversity and everyone is shitting on this guy left and right when a good amount of this isn't even on him.

It's not anything he can't work through and figure out. He has the attitude, and ability to get out of the slump.

If anyone has earned benefit of the doubt, it's Patrick ****ing Mahomes.

FloridaMan88 11-01-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15928080)
Fun fact - Mahomes has 10 INTs so far this season. One less than he had the last two regular seasons combined.

Half of those were on tipped passes.

Easy 6 11-01-2021 10:38 PM

He's off this year, no question about it... the good news is, his off years are still elite

As Bill Clinton once famously said... there is nothing wrong with Patrick Mahomes, that can't be fixed by whats right with Patrick Mahomes

He will work it out, meanwhile...

Andy needs to embrace the run, the current talent on hand demands it

And we need a serious #2 receiver in the worst way, targeting Reek 87 times a game is a cry for help... it can't last

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15928107)
You don't think he's gonna pull it out this year? YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

I figure his teammates will stop dropping passes and fumbling the ball by some time next season. I’m optimistic.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:39 PM

Whatever he is he needs to figure it out. He's playing like absolute shit right now. Running from clean pockets into sacks. Lucky to throw a pass on target. He's had bad games before and then turns it on for the 4th quarter to win games but this is a ****ing weekly thing of stringing together shit.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928093)
The turnover thing is totally unsustainable and yet somehow they've managed to sustain it for 8 weeks. It's an anti-miracle.

The coin has to come up in our favor eventually. When it does, Patrick will look a lot closer to normal.

It's really remarkable how many bad little things the team has experienced this year. It's one of those things where all the bad juju hits you at once. It either makes for an incredible turnaround story. Or we just need to get through the year in one piece then start fresh next year.

This team will likely be just fine once we get this out of their system. And I think the adversity will ground them again and motivate them.

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928123)
Whatever he is he needs to figure it out. He's playing like absolute shit right now. Running from clean pockets into sacks. Lucky to throw a pass on target. He's had bad games before and then turns it on for the 4th quarter to win games but this is a ****ing weekly thing of stringing together shit.

The Chiefs won the game today in the end because of a late game drive by Mahomes. Probably important to note that many other QBs (see Daniel Jones) shit their pants in those situations and that that kind of play shouldn’t be taken for granted.

lcarus 11-01-2021 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15928118)
And we need a serious #2 receiver in the worst way, targeting Reek 87 times a game is a cry for help... it can't last

It doesn't appear the Josh Gordon signing is gonna help us too much. Unfortunate.