ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life RIP - Peter Bogdanovich (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341720)

Red Dawg 01-06-2022 07:53 PM

Who?

frozenchief 01-06-2022 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16056309)
Why do series shows have different directors and not one director like a movie?

To be edgy and cool and create some hype.

poolboy 01-06-2022 08:58 PM

Texasville is a pretty good flick...Jeff Bridges

WhawhaWhat 01-06-2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16056309)
Why do series shows have different directors and not one director like a movie?

So that they can keep production of the show moving and not have to wait on the director to finish pre and post production of other episodes before they move onto the next episode.

For example, the director of episode 1 can shoot the episode with the cast and then work with the post-production teams later, like editing and sound. While the post-production of episode 1 is being worked on, episode 2 is being taped with the cast and the new director. The director for episode 2 will work on the post production for that episode and the cast and writing teams get to keep moving through the season without stopping to wait for the same director every time.

Ocotillo 01-06-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16056578)
So that they can keep production of the show moving and not have to wait on the director to finish pre and post production of other episodes before they move onto the next episode.

For example, the director of episode 1 can shoot the episode with the cast and then work with the post-production teams later, like editing and sound. While the post-production of episode 1 is being worked on, episode 2 is being taped with the cast and the new director. The director for episode 2 will work on the post production for that episode and the cast and writing teams get to keep moving through the season without stopping to wait for the same director every time.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you for explaining.

scho63 01-06-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16055800)
Same here. IIRC he was completely obsessed with her, and she kicked him to the curb in favor of the guy who ended up killing her.

I don't think I've ever seen any of his movies.

I think it was the other way around. She started an affair with Bogdanovich and her husband found out and she wanted to leave him. He said he was going to kill himself if she left and she stayed with him in fear of him killing himself. Instead he killed both of them.

Really ****ed up.

Frazod 01-06-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16056681)
I think it was the other way around. She started an affair with Bogdanovich and her husband found out and she wanted to leave him. He said he was going to kill himself if she left and she stayed with him in fear of him killing himself. Instead he killed both of them.

Really ****ed up.

Yes, my wrongness has already been acknowledged. :spank:

scho63 01-06-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16056691)
Yes, my wrongness has already been acknowledged. :spank:

Our memories aren't the greatest at this point in life! ROFL

Ocotillo 01-07-2022 12:44 AM

Outside of the art he produced, Bogdanovich did a lot of good for the industry by meeting the greats such as Orson Welles, Alfred Hitchcock, John Ford, Howard Hawks and interviewed them for monographs he wrote. Bogdanovich later housed Welles at his mansion toward the end of of latter's life. He was first a fan of cinema and started off as a critic, and then became a notable director himself. Outside of his troubled personal life, he lived a fascinating and full life.

Baby Lee 01-07-2022 04:00 AM

If you are interested in late 70s, early 80s, film industry lore, with a feminist lens, YouMustRememberThis has a series on the life work of Polly Platt, . . . Bogdonavich's first wife who was a key factor in a lot of his most crucial early creative decisions, and who was dumped for Cybill Shepard during the filming of The Last Picture Show.

Not everyone knows, but her experience with Bogdonavich was imprinted in a lot of the tone of Terms of Endearment, which she went on to produce, among many other classics in their own right.

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcas...plattarchive28

alpha_omega 01-07-2022 10:13 AM

For visual reference....

https://www.newstatesman.com/wp-cont...773-scaled.jpg

Deberg_1990 01-07-2022 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 16057005)

He had Cybill Sheppard and Dorthy Stratton in their primes. Good lord. A life well lived.

gblowfish 01-07-2022 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my...Dorthy Stratten. Pretty good pull for a guy who looks like Rick Moranis' brother...

Gary Cooper 01-07-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 16057029)
He had Cybill Sheppard and Dorthy Stratton in their primes. Good lord. A life well lived.

I definitely chose the wrong profession.

Archie F. Swin 01-07-2022 11:13 AM

As someone who lives 30 minutes from Archer City, Texas, the home of Larry McMurtry and the shooting location of The Last Picture Show, Peter's death and Larry's death six months earlier bear significant weight in this community.