ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Should the Patteeu Memorial Political Forum be permanently closed? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344153)

TLO 06-14-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16332950)
I could see people voting no because they think politics would be allowed here again or would become significantly worse, so that could skew things a bit.

I'm a fan of nuking the shithole and then would feel personally responsible for ensuring the Lounge isn't impacted by political bullshit.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="5089552" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1.78571" data-width="100%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/oscars-standing-ovation-clap-clapping-applause-gif-5089552">Standing Ovation GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/oscars-gifs">Oscars GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

wazu 06-14-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

I could see people voting no because they think politics would be allowed here again or would become significantly worse, so that could skew things a bit.

I'm a fan of nuking the shithole and then would feel personally responsible for ensuring the Lounge isn't impacted by political bullshit.

I voted no because the political forum has no impact to my enjoyment of this site unless I choose to wander in there. If people are having fun with it, or not having fun but for some reason compulsively doing it anyway, more power to them.

loochy 06-14-2022 09:36 AM

No.

If you don't like it then don't open threads there

DJ's left nut 06-14-2022 09:36 AM

You guys want BEP on the main forum?

Because that's how you get BEP on the main forum.

crayzkirk 06-14-2022 09:40 AM

I enjoy reading the insanity on the political forum. When it enters the realm of personal attacks and put downs, I find it annoying that people resort to that sort of behavior.

I was having a nice discussion with a friend of mine who happens to believe differently than me; after a rather sizeable amount of whiskey, he claimed that he never watched the mainstream media however every single statement he made was straight out of CNN/MSNBC/etc. When I asked him about his sources and that I didn't agree with his opinion, a string of insults from my origin to where my head currently was followed.

It's not possible to have a civil discussion with people who resort to emotional attacks because they don't have anything else. It's no longer a discussion on opinions, it's a personal attack.

Maybe when a discussion devolves into personal attacks, it can be moved to the romper room? I don't know, I do not respond very often because there's no real discourse and everything become a personal attack.

When did becoming right become more important than treating people with respect?

Social media?

Simply Red 06-14-2022 09:40 AM

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

OUT OF YO SEATS

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

Eleazar 06-14-2022 09:41 AM

No, but I think when you go in there the banner at the top should change to a confederate flag

Rain Man 06-14-2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

That's the danger. If one takes a peek into that forum, there's a lot of passion in there.

The downside is that it's an embarrassment to the site. It's mostly people posting misinformation, and in many cases knowingly so. It's just ... weird.

I think my other concern is something that I was thinking about the other day. I briefly wandered in there to see if there was anything interesting, and I'm struck be the extreme amount of negativity. Everyone posting in there is convinced that the world is ending, and I think they feed off of each other to an unhealthy degree. To some extent, ye reap what ye sow, and having constant expectations that the world is ending does not help a person succeed. Are we doing people a disservice by giving them a place where they can talk about their negative worldviews and find willing conversation partners? I wish we instead had a place where people could talk about finding solutions to the world's problems and positive innovations that are happening.

Yosef_Malkovitch 06-14-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Nope. I hate seeing politics everywhere I turn. I have my thoughts on who should be elected, etc., but I hate it when those discussions overwhelm everything else. Especially when the discussions are not rooted in a thoughtful and rational discussion on policy issues but are instead ruled by emotions and exaggerations (or even flat-out lies).

Before we had DC this place was getting to the point where it was intolerable with the political talk.

Your thought of policing the Lounge is admirable, but there's no way one person could do it. You'd have to be on here constantly, constantly removing the bullshit political stuff.

It would be like pissing on a bonfire. I don't think you would be able to keep back the tide. Even if you could, you would pretty quickly wear out. Then the trolls would overrun us.

ToxSocks 06-14-2022 09:47 AM

Is there a better place on Chiefsplanet to talk about:

MK Ultra mind control puppets being used by our government to shoot up schools
Pfizer Nano bot injections
George Soros trying to block out the sun
Bill Gates' insect meals for children
Miley Cyrus and Katie Perry eating babies
Donald Trump winning 3 straight presidential terms
Joe Biden's obsession with Pert Plus
Hunter Biden's exotic taste in drugs
Michele Obama's penis
Kidnapped children being sold and shipped in Wayfair furniture
Rape Trees
Jews - the world's greatest threat
Commies, Marxists, Brownshirts, Gestapos, Nazis
Black people we like.....black people we don't like....

etc etc etc

I can't think of a better place. So unless you want "Uvalde was a false flag by the Democrats so they can "tAkE ER gUnZ" next to the world's greatest Mahomes thread, i'd say leave it alone.

Hammock Parties 06-14-2022 09:48 AM

looks like the libs are getting owned in this poll

The Franchise 06-14-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16332979)
Is there a better place on Chiefsplanet to talk about:

MK Ultra mind control puppets being used by our government to shoot up schools
Pfizer Nano bot injections
George Soros trying to block out the sun
Bill Gates' insect meals for children
Miley Cyrus and Katie Perry eating babies
Donald Trump winning 3 straight presidential terms
Joe Biden's obsession with Pert Plus
Hunter Biden's exotic taste in drugs
Michele Obama's penis
Kidnapped children being sold and shipped in Wayfair furniture
Rape Trees
Jews - the world's greatest threat
Commies, Marxists, Brownshirts, Gestapos, Nazis
Black people we like.....black people we don't like....

etc etc etc

I can't think of a better place. So unless you want "Uvalde was a false flag by the Democrats so they can "tAkE ER gUnZ" next to the world's greatest Mahomes thread, i'd say leave it alone.

You missed vote by mail and how it’s horrible.

Donger 06-14-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16332982)
looks like the libs are getting owned in this poll

Politics in the Lounge. Reported.

Donger 06-14-2022 09:50 AM

If DC were closed, we'd miss out on so many gems, like BEP's recent admission.

Titty Meat 06-14-2022 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16332958)
You guys want BEP on the main forum?

Because that's how you get BEP on the main forum.

Nah she'd go to some lew Rockwell fourm or something