ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Rams (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346196)

FloridaMan88 11-21-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16620205)
The Rams are very close to going into a period of being awful for like 7 years.

That would be a big problem for the NFL since they are the alpha franchise in that market (obviously not the Chargers).

Mecca 11-21-2022 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16620210)
That would be a big problem for the NFL since they are the alpha franchise in that market (obviously not the Chargers).

Well, they're old, have no money or draft picks and Stafford looks like he's shit now...

They can't even go into rebuild because they don't have picks, that is gonna be a very long a tedious process. **** Sean McVey is probably coaching somewhere else in 3 years.

O.city 11-21-2022 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16620214)
Well, they're old, have no money or draft picks and Stafford looks like he's shit now...

They can't even go into rebuild because they don't have picks, that is gonna be a very long a tedious process. **** Sean McVey is probably coaching somewhere else in 3 years.

He'll be an analyst.

They've gotta trade Ramsey this offseason for sure. Let the rest walk, try to rebuild it I guess. It's gonna take a while.

Mecca 11-21-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16620224)
He'll be an analyst.

They've gotta trade Ramsey this offseason for sure. Let the rest walk, try to rebuild it I guess. It's gonna take a while.

To who? What value does a guy with a huge contract that has a history of being a malcontent have?

You gonna trade him for a 3? He's not young anymore...the Rams could literally field an 0-17 team if they attempt to cut salary etc.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-21-2022 04:49 PM

Their O-Line collapsed.

It is hard for any play caller to work magic when the front five are a MASH unit.

The fire is gone for the Rams.

Skyy God 11-21-2022 05:03 PM

Lambs suck and we’re gonna blow their doors off.

Megatron96 11-21-2022 05:31 PM

So looking at Aaron Donald's stats this season, he's still on pace for an average season. Average for him, that is. Around 80+ tackles, 20+ TFLs, 10+ sacks, 20+ QB hits . . .

It's probably still going to be tough sledding rushing inside the Ts. Fortunately, we don't have to run up the middle to win the game. Just throw it where Ramsey isn't, and it should be a pretty uneventful game for the Chiefs.

jjchieffan 11-21-2022 05:47 PM

Looks like this wild and crazy way of trading away picks has finally came back to bite them. But, they won a Superbowl, so I guess that it was worth it. I just can't believe that it took this long for it to catch up to them. Have they even drafted a player in the first round since Goff? And they don't have a pick in the first for 2 more years yet. You've got to have that young cheap talent in the NFL. They managed to buck the trend for a while. Longer than I expected. But it appears that the parties over now. Time to blow it up and start over.

raybec 4 11-21-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16620224)
He'll be an analyst.

This is what happens when you trade all of your draft picks for high priced vets.

wazu 11-21-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 16620370)
This is what happens when you trade all of your draft picks for high priced vets.

What happens? Win the Super Bowl? I think most fan bases would be okay with that.

Megatron96 11-21-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16620363)
Looks like this wild and crazy way of trading away picks has finally came back to bite them. But, they won a Superbowl, so I guess that it was worth it. I just can't believe that it took this long for it to catch up to them. Have they even drafted a player in the first round since Goff? And they don't have a pick in the first for 2 more years yet. You've got to have that young cheap talent in the NFL. They managed to buck the trend for a while. Longer than I expected. But it appears that the parties over now. Time to blow it up and start over.

Some journalist wrote (about a decade ago) that a Super Bowl win equals over a billion dollars in revenue to the winning organization. So, yeah, it was worth it, because it's always a good idea to add a billion ducats to your ledger.

But yeah, now they're paying the piper with all the crazy trades they made to get there.

Bowser 11-21-2022 05:57 PM

I can't lie - I'm looking forward to Aaron Donald vs. Trey Smith.

raybec 4 11-21-2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16620374)
What happens? Win the Super Bowl? I think most fan bases would be okay with that.

Sure, win one Super Bowl. Most fans want sustained success. Have you not seen all the people here who say how bad everything sucks because the Chiefs aren't undefeated?

Rainbarrel 11-21-2022 07:29 PM

I think we won salary free Chase Daniel last night. He can rotate with Shane

PurpleJesus28 11-21-2022 07:34 PM

It seems like the Rams havent been to Arrowhead since the Kurt Warner days.Oh well,Chiefs will **** em up i say.