ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poll: What should/will Veach do with the WR group? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347996)

TEX 03-15-2023 07:02 PM

I like for the Chiefs to sign DJ Chark and bring back Hardman.

Couch-Potato 03-15-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16857672)
Rookie WR’s historically do not have immediate impacts in Andy Reid’s offenses… going back to his Philly days.

Tyreek was the only rookie WR to have a significant impact in an Andy Reid offense and he was more of a gadget player than a traditional WR.

Which is why we probably could use another vet IMO

Would really love to see the Hopkins trade happen.

Otter 03-15-2023 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 16857660)
Do we trust Veach to draft a WR?
Sky Moore has not been good

It's not uncommon for rookie WR to come out of the gate below average so I'm not giving up on Skyy just yet but there's definitely going to need to be some talent brought in to up the ante.

If the Veach could bring back Hardman and get Jarvis Landry I'd call that a win.

Coming from my years as an NFL GM of course.

WhawhaWhat 03-15-2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16857675)
I like for the Chiefs to sign DJ Chark.

I've been wanting him since last offseason but he's also got a bit of Sammy Watkins syndrome as well. Intriguing talent but injury prone.

ToxSocks 03-15-2023 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16857672)
Rookie WR’s historically do not have immediate impacts in Andy Reid’s offenses… going back to his Philly days.

Tyreek was the only rookie WR to have a significant impact in an Andy Reid offense and he was more of a gadget player than a traditional WR.

****ing christ.

ToxSocks 03-15-2023 07:12 PM

Roster wise, the team is set up well for a special talent, rental vet.

Cap wise, i have no idea.

If you go short term rental vet, it'd also be an opportune time to draft a true perimeter WR.

So basically, what Staylor said.

kccrow 03-15-2023 07:14 PM

I'm going to go out on this huge limb and say it's a combination of the last two options. They'll sign a cheap vet to cover their bases and they'll draft a dude. That draft a dude might be quite high if they feel good about everything else but depth on the roster.

TwistedChief 03-15-2023 07:21 PM

Hop Hop.

Stryker 03-15-2023 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 16857653)
DJ Chark
N'Keal Harry
Darius Slayton
Parris Campbell

One of these 4

Give me Darius Slayton! :thumb:

wazu 03-15-2023 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 16857642)
I'd go with Darius Slayton for an easy 2yr 8m contract. Fill in the rest with a couple draft picks.

This isn't the stupidest thing you've ever said.

wazu 03-15-2023 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 16857653)
DJ Chark
N'Keal Harry
Darius Slayton
Parris Campbell

One of these 4

Gimme CHARK THE SHARK!!!

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-15-2023 07:29 PM

I'm thinking the draft at this point.

D-Hop would be nice if he wants a team friendly deal for a chance at a ring, but seems unlikely.
LMAO at OBJ
Hardman and Theilen both seem unlikely
Unnamed FA is tempting, just because Veach seems to go this route, but who knows

Dante84 03-15-2023 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16857700)
I'm going to go out on this huge limb and say it's a combination of the last two options. They'll sign a cheap vet to cover their bases and they'll draft a dude. That draft a dude might be quite high if they feel good about everything else but depth on the roster.

My only concern is that might make our draft selections too predictable for Veach's liking. Example:

In that scenario, we *should* use #31(and potentially another to move up) to get the WR like JSN.

Then that means we *should* use our 2nd to get a starting-caliber RT, and maybe move up to do so again.

Then that means we *should* go get an Edge or IDL, with the next pick being the other position not chosen.

I don't think Veach likes to go in to the draft with such glaring holes in such a predictable sequence. Of course that's me just hand-wringing.

RunKC 03-15-2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16857639)
I think they trade for Hopkins and draft a WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds.

We have $16 million in cap space. Need $17 million to trade for Hopkins.

Not sure this is what Mahomes restructure was for

kccrow 03-15-2023 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 16857746)
My only concern is that might make our draft selections too predictable for Veach's liking. Example:

In that scenario, we *should* use #31(and potentially another to move up) to get the WR like JSN.

Then that means we *should* use our 2nd to get a starting-caliber RT, and maybe move up to do so again.

Then that means we *should* go get an Edge or IDL, with the next pick being the other position not chosen.

I don't think Veach likes to go in to the draft with such glaring holes in such a predictable sequence. Of course that's me just hand-wringing.

Let's say you grab Nelson Agholor or Adam Thielen for 7m this year, I don't think that telegraphs much.

Grab a solid reserve OT like Josh Wells for a vet min deal or so that can respectably compete for either spot as a starter and be a quality swing reserve at minimum. Pick up a DT like maybe Watts on a vet min deal.

I think that puts you in a pretty solid area heading to the draft with no major holes.