ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Who's gonna take Anthony Richardson..who's gonna do it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348154)

St. Patty's Fire 03-30-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16882454)
Um...

Richardson had a 55% completion percentage in college, with 3100 yards, 24 TD's, and 15 INT's in 3 years.

In 3 years at Tech, Mahomes throw for over 3100 yards in a season TWICE and finished with over 11,000 yards total. He had a 63.5% completion rate, 93 TD's, and 29 INT's.

It's really not the same situation at all.

Richardson certainly isn’t Mahomes, but his tape definitely shows legitimate flashes of NFL level QB play. I think he’s a very good swing to take. I like him a lot more than Levis.

Sassy Squatch 03-30-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16882417)
Ballard is risk averse it would be totally opposite of what he'd do.

If you have a coach that is good with QBs it might be worth it...his ceiling is crazy.

I don't think Ballard is calling those shots anymore, to be fair. After the Wentz debacle Irsay may have final say.

RealSNR 03-30-2023 01:18 PM

People shat on Mahomes because he went to Texas Tech.

So remind me again why we’re not shitting on Stroud for going to Ohio State?

Hell, OSU’s history with churning out good pro QBs is WORSE than TT pre-Mahomes

Mecca 03-30-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire (Post 16882465)
Richardson certainly isn’t Mahomes, but his tape definitely shows legitimate flashes of NFL level QB play. I think he’s a very good swing to take. I like him a lot more than Levis.

Levis isn't my thought, my thought is, will he go ahead of Stroud or Young or both.

St. Patty's Fire 03-30-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16882470)
Levis isn't my thought, my thought is, will he go ahead of Stroud or Young or both.

Definitely think there’s a chance of that, also think that could end up being a case of missing the forest for the trees. I get banking on that level of potential over a midget and an Ohio State QB though. Really think Richardson’s potential being reached is a matter of what kind of team takes him. Would probably want him to sit for a year like Pat did. If he starts right away it could stunt him if he goes to a shitty enough team.

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2023 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16882427)
Honestly…I would take him if I’m the Lions. You’ve got an extra 1st rounder and Goff isn’t it. But you also wouldn’t have to start him this year either. Seattle could take him for that reason too.

The thing is, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the Lions could win with Jared Goff. I now need to rinse off my keyboard with antifreeze, but I think it's possible.

Mecca 03-30-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16882588)
The thing is, and I can't believe I'm saying this, the Lions could win with Jared Goff. I now need to rinse off my keyboard with antifreeze, but I think it's possible.

But see they're in a great spot, they're competitive with Goff, they have players set up all over the offense if you draft Richardson he can sit and take over when he's ready.

Tribal Warfare 03-30-2023 02:56 PM

SPARQ Hero, totally overrated

Mecca 03-30-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16882593)
SPARQ Hero, totally overrated

But what happens when your options are, the Sparq hero, an undersized dude who is probably going to struggle to stay healthy and a guy who profiles to be a mid level QB?

No one wants to hear it but Stroud profiles very similar to Jared Goff...

When these are your options maybe swinging big is the right move?

Pitt Gorilla 03-30-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16882590)
But see they're in a great spot, they're competitive with Goff, they have players set up all over the offense if you draft Richardson he can sit and take over when he's ready.

You're not wrong at all; it was the same argument AGAINST the Chiefs taking Pat. so it'll be interesting to see what they do.

It would be difficult to blame them, though, if they did decide to push all their chips in now and try to win a completely winnable NFC, especially given their history.

Kiimo 03-30-2023 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16882469)
People shat on Mahomes because he went to Texas Tech.

So remind me again why we’re not shitting on Stroud for going to Ohio State?

Hell, OSU’s history with churning out good pro QBs is WORSE than TT pre-Mahomes

Because the shitting on Mahomes for Tech is just as stupid as shitting on Stroud for OSU.

It's a dumb thing to do and he's going to be great.

BryanBusby 03-30-2023 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16882437)
Best coach for this would be Colts Steichen who already developed Hurts.

Hurts was a lot more of a proven player by the time he hit the draft.

Shoes 03-30-2023 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16882464)
For sure.

But does he have the QB skills to put himself over the top? That remains to be seen for sure. He's an athletic freak but can he be an NFL QB? That's the risk.

He's essentially a more athletic Josh Allen coming out of college. Josh Allen's completion percentage was 55-56% at Wyoming. No denying that whoever drafts Richardson needs to develop him but man the traits and potential could be franchise changing.

Kiimo 03-30-2023 03:36 PM

I don't want him on the Colts. I want him to go to the NFC.

because **** the colts

Titty Meat 03-30-2023 03:38 PM

I'll take your mom's butt virginity