ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Today is the 12 year anniversary of a great moment (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352531)

alanm 02-27-2024 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17420100)
I miss league bowling. I used to bowl all the time. League on Wednesday and Sunday morning you could get a lane for an hr for $8 to practice.

I was never around any people that loved bowling enough to want to start a team. I think I would have really enjoyed league bowling. :(

Dartgod 02-27-2024 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17420100)
I miss league bowling. I used to bowl all the time. League on Wednesday and Sunday morning you could get a lane for an hr for $8 to practice.

I love it. Been bowling in leagues most of my life. Just got home a little while ago from league. I couldn't keep the ball off the head pin in the first game and left several splits. Finished with a 128. ROFL

Found my groove the last two games and shot 210 and 218.

Shag 02-27-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 17420436)
I love it. Been bowling in leagues most of my life. Just got home a little while ago from league. I couldn't keep the ball off the head pin in the first game and left several splits. Finished with a 128. ROFL

Nice series! I played in a league for a couple seasons back in MN, somehow managed to card a 299 and 279 in there. The 299 still haunts me to this day, was a perfect ball, but that damn standing 10 got me. My one shot at perfection, felt like a minor celebrity at the lanes that night, lol.

I've been subbing in a rec beer league recently on terrible lanes, forced to throw a straight ball, I'm averaging like 115. ROFL

scho63 02-27-2024 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 17420159)
I was never around any people that loved bowling enough to want to start a team. I think I would have really enjoyed league bowling. :(

League bowling: all about the drinking and not so much about the bowling except for 1 or 2 turds who's life revolved around carrying a 227 average and telling everyone he met. ROFL

scho63 02-27-2024 11:08 PM

The Bowling for Dollars for show was on WOR Channel 9 TV in New York and had a cult like following.

Neat show.

Frazod 02-28-2024 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 17420436)

I used to bowl a little, but was never any good at it. I could never master putting the curve on the ball that is necessary in order to be truly good, or at least, truly decent. I think the best game I ever bowled was around a 150, and I followed it up with a 90. :banghead:

I was a pretty good pool shot back in the day, though. Spent a lot more time in bars than I did bowling alleys.

InChiefsHeaven 02-28-2024 07:43 AM

We had Rock-n-Bowl at the Ranch Bowl on Friday nights back in the day. Sponsored by the local rock station Z-92. That was fun.

But in HS, the bowling alley was right next to the school, so we'd go in there after school, play video games, smoke cigarettes and bowl.

Shit, I haven't been bowling in years...I'd like to again though. It was fun. Probably blow out my shoulder or some shit now though...

tredadda 02-28-2024 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 17419550)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j3E7VfAR3cc?si=aXdU6sQS5Dh9EddF" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don’t know why but I was expecting more from that.