ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ROMO gets his $$$ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271586)

ChiefsCountry 03-29-2013 03:54 PM

Can we have Romo play the regular season and let Sanchez take over for the playoffs? :)

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538889)
I think it has more to do with people not caring nearly as much as you and princess. Based on your posts, you would think you guys have something invested in the guy.

And based on yours, one would think you have a third grade reading level.

What you're seeing is called a substantive rebuttal. You should try it sometime.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538890)
Flacco is a dropped pass away from possibly winning 2 SBs.

I can play this game too, Hootie. :)

a dropped pass in a game he played horrible in up until that final drive when the Patriots went prevent

Big Ben has 2 Super Bowls...

he played REALLY REALLY WELL in that 1st one...

and he was a James Harrison miracle play away from probably losing to a superior Cardinals team as well even though he was marvelous on that game winning TD to Holmes

It's just...there are TOO MANY FACTORS that go into postseason wins and losses to pin it all on one player...which is what this board does. A QB loses, and he's a choker, no matter what.

The best postseason performance this year (well other than the GB Kaepernick game) was by Russell Wilson in a loss.

Just read my last post about Eli and his 5 lucky Super Bowl bounces...

The term 'choking' is just thrown around way, way, way too much on this board.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9538892)
I thought for sure they'd trade him before the draft after so many years of fail and make an insane Jerry move and draft someone...or at least make him earn it this year. Jerry should fire himself.

so you thought a rookie QB on Dallas would give them a no doubt chance to beat KC...but now that they kept Romo we have a shot?

JFC that is the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever tried to wrap my mind around.

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538900)
And based on yours, one would think you have a third grade reading level.

What you're seeing is called a substantive rebuttal. You should try it sometime.

:)

Make a statement about my intelligence based on how I post on a football board.

OK:thumb:

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538904)
so you thought a rookie QB on Dallas would give them a no doubt chance to beat KC...but now that they kept Romo we have a shot?

Ryan Nassib > Tony Romo

Got it.

Hootie 03-29-2013 03:59 PM

I'm just flat out convinced...

when it comes to QB's, this board is just ****ing reeruned. It's to the point that since 95% of this board wants Geno, and me not knowing a whole lot about Geno, I'm pretty much convinced he's going to flat out blow because each time one of these "debates" (and I'm going to use that loosely because no one really debates any of my points they just scream choker and act like they made a point) pops up I just am totally baffled by how ****ing stupid people are on this board.

In conclusion, draft Joeckel. (Ok I retract that one).

BlackHelicopters 03-29-2013 04:00 PM

Flacco has one a Super Bowl. Romo has not.

Chiefs Pantalones 03-29-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538904)

Romo is a joke. Who the heck you've been watching? I'd rather them have Romo than draft a rookie. We know who Romo is, we don't know anything about a rookie, and that could be good or bad, but after 6 years you'd think Jerry would have enough by now. He's not taking the Cowboys anywhere. Period.

loochy 03-29-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538769)
The Cowboy's don't call him anything derisive - Cowboys fans do.

Have you ever met an intelligent Cowboys fan? They're a bunch of bumbersticker fans that blame the easiest target...always. And because Tony Romo isn't Troy Aikman, they pile on him.

Those Cowboys teams would be absolutely horrendous without Romo - I'm talking 4 wins bad. But a pack of dipshit Texans and out of state satellite fans seem to think its smart to attack their best player whenever things go wrong.

Its like blaming Jamaal Charles for our 2-14 record last year.

Romo is one of the few things the Cowboys have going for them.

I live in the DFW area, and this is absolutely true.

Romo is not bad at all. He'd be better if he wasn't forced into trying to do everything by himself

However, this deal is reeruned. It's Jerry though, and this is the type of stupidity that has them in the crappy cap position they are in.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538906)
:)

Make a statement about my intelligence based on how I post on a football board.

OK:thumb:

No, I expressly qualified my statement by confining it to your posts on this board and what one would take from them and them alone. It's the first four words of my post, in fact.

But once again, based on your posts, you appear to have the reading level of a 3rd grader. You managed to draw the wrong conclusion from a very straightforward sentence.

By all means, keep on keepin' on, champ.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9538914)
I live in the DFW area, and this is absolutely true.

Romo is not bad at all. He'd be better if he wasn't forced into trying to do everything by himself

However, this deal is reeruned. It's Jerry though, and this is the type of stupidity that has them in the crappy cap position they are in.

Of course it's reeruned, but it's reeruned because of Ozzie Newsome.

Newsome detonated the market for quarterbacks and the NFL absolutely blasted the Cowboys with their cap penalty. The Cowboys were going to have to start cutting important players to clear the cap space to sign their draft picks.

Or they could extend Romo and spread his cap hit. They had absolute shit for leverage here and Romo's agent knew it. Romo was going to demand to get paid near Flacco because his performance over the last 5 seasons supports it.

It's not necessarily Jerry Jones' fault; his options were damn limited.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:09 PM

and that's Romo's biggest challenge right now, and especially the last few years...

He has no support. He constantly has to score points. His defense bends and breaks. He always, always, always has to make big plays...and he presses. When he presses, sometimes he makes that terrible Romo play that everyone seems to think he makes 15 per game or something.

Look, I always thought Brett Favre was overrated. I thought he had a great 3 year stretch in the late 90s and after that some of his INT's were so ridiculous that he just simply couldn't be considered the best QB in the NFL. Now, I always thought he was somewhere between #5 and #10 and the Vikings year he impressed the hell out of me. I respected his toughness, his legendary velocity, and the fact he always went down swinging (when he went down)...

But Romo has a lot of Favre in him. That's good and bad. He makes plays no one else could make, or would try making...which leads to those "wtf Romo?" passes. Just like Favre.

If you put Tony Romo on the 49ers next year they'd win 13 games and be in the Super Bowl. Same with the Seahawks. Same with a lot of teams.

One ****ing player doesn't win you a Super Bowl. One ****ing player on the worst ran organization in football with a "GM" who isn't qualified doesn't win a Super Bowl.

We all blamed Pioli for sucking. Understandable. Made sense.

But why does Dallas get to blame Romo when the GM consistently makes poor personnel decisions?

The only thing Dallas has going for them is Romo, and maybe Romo piping into some of that unbelievable potential Dez Bryant has, and displayed, for the second half of last year.

Oh and to throw in a stat...Romo has the highest 4th quarter rating in the NFL over the past 5 years or something ridiculous like that.

but yeah, he doesn't have what it takes mentally because he banged Jessica Simpson and he doesn't win a Super Bowl with an inferior supporting cast

Got it.

When Tom Brady went down Matt Cassel won 11 games.

When Peyton Manning went down the Colts were so terrible they got Andrew Luck.

Think about that.

Tom Brady > Peyton Manning yet when a college backup took over for him they still managed to win 11 ****ing NFL games.

He got to QB that team.

Manning gets a team that, without him, was the worst team in the NFL and one of the worst teams ever.

NOT EVERYTHING IS RELEVANT; NOT ALL IS EQUAL

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538916)
No, I expressly qualified my statement by confining it to your posts on this board and what one would take from them and them alone. It's the first four words of my post, in fact.

But once again, based on your posts, you appear to have the reading level of a 3rd grader. You managed to draw the wrong conclusion from a very straightforward sentence.

By all means, keep on keepin' on, champ.

If you take debating about Tony Romo's career this seriously, I can only imagine the intensity you live with on a daily basis. I'm sure you would be an absolute pleasure to be around.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:13 PM

I wouldn't have budged if I were the Ravens. I would have non-exclusively tagged him and then let him go for 2 1st rounders. That team is getting old and no one can convince me you can't find the next Joe Flacco.

Look, if someone had a gun to my head and said Flacco or Alex Smith I'm taking Flacco.

But would I rather have Alex for 2/15 or Flacco for 6/120? OMG. Alex 10 times out of 10. Flacco isn't going to win us a Super Bowl by himself just like Alex won't...both of them need elite talent around them plus luck to win the big one.

So **** paying a guy like that Flacco money.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538908)
I'm just flat out convinced...

when it comes to QB's, this board is just ****ing reeruned. It's to the point that since 95% of this board wants Geno, and me not knowing a whole lot about Geno, I'm pretty much convinced he's going to flat out blow because each time one of these "debates" (and I'm going to use that loosely because no one really debates any of my points they just scream choker and act like they made a point) pops up I just am totally baffled by how ****ing stupid people are on this board.

In conclusion, draft Joeckel. (Ok I retract that one).

Yes, Hootie. You know it all. :rolleyes:

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538936)
If you take debating about Tony Romo's career this seriously, I can only imagine the intensity you live with on a daily basis. I'm sure you would be an absolute pleasure to be around.

Eh, I just figure that if I'm going to bother opening my mouth, I should probably have something to say.

You clearly favor a different approach.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538936)

people like you are fantastic...

you don't have a rebuttal so you just attack something else because you have nothing to add about said debate

you're like "well shit, he's right...so I'll just condescendingly mock him so I don't look like a total idiot"

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538941)
Yes, Hootie. You know it all. :rolleyes:

compared to you, on the topic of QB's...

yes, yes I do

Chiefs Pantalones 03-29-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538944)

yes, yes I do

Damon Huard approves this message.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538944)

yes, yes I do

Then explain the logic of taking a 33 yr old QB with a lousy history in the postseason over a 28 yr old's that is pretty ****ing good?

Success is measured in the NFL by winning in the postseason. That includes winning SBs.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9538947)

LMAO

Cephalic Trauma 03-29-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538942)
Eh, I just figure that if I'm going to bother opening my mouth, I should probably have something to say.

You clearly favor a different approach.

On here, yes.

Most of your posts are filed under the "tl;dr" tab in my mind. I would never consider writing a ****ing dissertation (much less reading one) on Tony Romo's contract. Most of my productive brainpower goes into my education, and what's seen here is mindless drivel I am not afforded as a grad student.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9538947)

I agree.

I was 100% about Damon Huard. Search the posts.

My argument, from the get go, was Damon Huard was the best QB for that Kansas City Chiefs team. And he was. Trent wasn't a good QB behind that offensive line. Trent held the ball too long. Trent didn't like to force throws to Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe like Huard. My thought process was Trent was too good to play for that shit team. Trent wanted to make the right read and throw on a team where the only read and throw was to Tony or Dwayne because the line afforded the QB almost no time to throw the ball.

Hence the reason we had more success with Damon opposed to Trent.

Oh and we traded Trent after that season. And Trent never did anything again. And Trent couldn't get a first down for 40+ minutes in the playoffs.

I mean, my ****ing Christ man...if you want to chastise me, at least don't pick topics that I was right about when the rest of the board was wrong.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538952)
LMAO

Please. Find a post where I was wrong about Damon Huard/Trent Green debate.

God damn I crushed that argument. Shit, I even ran THE MAQ off the board because I guaranteed him Huard would start the next year over Croyle. Croyle.

Croyle the guy who never won an NFL game and never caught on with another NFL team after KC.

I mean, JFC...if you guys want to try and "pwn me", at least "pwn me" on things I was wrong about.

One time on this board I said I thought the Cubs were the perfect team...and they got swept. I made fun of the Cardinals terrible farm system (it turned out to be fantastic). I said Tyrus Thomas was the next Kevin Garnett. I wanted the Bulls to resign Eddy Curry.

I wanted the Chiefs to trade their 1st round pick for Brady Quinn.

It's not that hard. Just search.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9538953)
On here, yes.

Most of your posts are filed under the "tl;dr" tab in my mind. I would never consider writing a ****ing dissertation on Tony Romo's contract. Most of my productive brainpower goes into my education, and what's seen here is mindless drivel I am not afforded as a grad student.

Sounds like you could use a little more brainpower, then. I have plenty of schoolin' and plenty of work responsibilities and yet somehow find a way to be able to speak intelligently to most things that occupy my time.

It's really not much harder than posting an emoticon and spewing inanities if you're up for it. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538957)

Championing Huard in anyway is funny.

Your Priest Holmes fiasco was hilarious, too.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538964)
Championing Huard in anyway is funny.

Your Priest Holmes fiasco was hilarious, too.

where I guaranteed he wouldn't get 20 carries because he was only there for a paycheck? Yeah. I was dead wrong. I think he got 33 before he retired for good.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538957)

God damn I crushed that argument. Shit, I even ran THE MAQ off the board because I guaranteed him Huard would start the next year over Croyle. Croyle.

Croyle the guy who never won an NFL game and never caught on with another NFL team after KC.

I mean, JFC...if you guys want to try and "pwn me", at least "pwn me" on things I was wrong about.

One time on this board I said I thought the Cubs were the perfect team...and they got swept. I made fun of the Cardinals terrible farm system (it turned out to be fantastic). I said Tyrus Thomas was the next Kevin Garnett. I wanted the Bulls to resign Eddy Curry.

I wanted the Chiefs to trade their 1st round pick for Brady Quinn.

It's not that hard. Just search.

Don't forget when you said that the Bulls should never trade Luol Deng for Kobe Bryant.

C'mon guys - he's right. Hootie says a LOT of stupid shit.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538971)
Don't forget when you said that the Bulls should never trade Luol Deng for Kobe Bryant.

C'mon guys - he's right. Hootie says a LOT of stupid shit.

I'd have to see that post. Deng for Kobe straight up? It was probably Deng + Noah in which case I never would have wanted to do in a million years. Just like I didn't want Garnett for Noah, either.

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 04:32 PM

This contract is not about Romo.

It's about Jerry Jones.

He's just trying to make news and he did.

Aaron Rodgers' new deal is going to blow em all out of the water, even Brees.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538970)
where I guaranteed he wouldn't get 20 carries because he was only there for a paycheck? Yeah. I was dead wrong. I think he got 33 before he retired for good.

46 :)

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538976)
I'd have to see that post. Deng for Kobe straight up? It was probably Deng + Noah in which case I never would have wanted to do in a million years. Just like I didn't want Garnett for Noah, either.

My recollection was Deng and Tyrus Thomas.

In either event, you were pretty sure the Lakers were going to trade him for a plugged nickle and were willing to give up something like Thomas and Heinrich for him before the Lakers "Had to let him walk".

People were all pretty stupid about that deal.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538984)
My recollection was Deng and Tyrus Thomas.

In either event, you were pretty sure the Lakers were going to trade him for a plugged nickle and were willing to give up something like Thomas and Heinrich for him before the Lakers "Had to let him walk".

People were all pretty stupid about that deal.

lol yeah

that was probably right around the time I thought Thomas was the next Garnett.

I had a big time mancrush on Tyrus Thomas.

and I hate Kobe, always have; always will. Probably didn't help the matter. I could never cheer for Kobe wearing the same uniform Michael wore. **** that. Stay in LA. I still think he's terribly overrated anyways. Top 15 all time? Yep. Top 10? Not sure, I wouldn't put him there.

In the same breath as LeBron James? No ****ing way. LeBron from 2011 on is playing at a level I don't even know if Michael ever got to...I mean, he'll never be captain omg clutch like Michael...but in terms of basketball ability? JFC.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9538983)
46 :)

I was surprised he got 1. But you got me! PWNED. I'm so dumb for thinking brokedick Holmes was trying to suit up for 1 more contract and he actually ended up playing.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538993)
I was surprised he got 1. But you got me! PWNED. I'm so dumb for thinking brokedick Holmes was trying to suit up for 1 more contract and he actually ended up playing.

LMAO Not trying to own anyone. I was just saying that who thing was entertaining.

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9538991)
lol yeah

that was probably right around the time I thought Thomas was the next Garnett.

I had a big time mancrush on Tyrus Thomas.

and I hate Kobe, always have; always will. Probably didn't help the matter. I could never cheer for Kobe wearing the same uniform Michael wore. **** that. Stay in LA. I still think he's terribly overrated anyways. Top 15 all time? Yep. Top 10? Not sure, I wouldn't put him there.

In the same breath as LeBron James? No ****ing way. LeBron from 2011 on is playing at a level I don't even know if Michael ever got to...I mean, he'll never be captain omg clutch like Michael...but in terms of basketball ability? JFC.

James will always irritate me for having to be shamed into greatness.

He was a slackass that got by on obscene amounts of talent until he got embarrassed by "the decision" and losing in the finals. Had he stayed in Cleveland, he'd still be rolling with his posse and hitting air-jumpers in Vegas.

With no rings.

It isn't just his cast that got better; had those guys joined him in Cleveland, I don't think they'd have won. No, James got tired of being the butt of jokes so he finally dedicated himself to his game instead of his brand. That kind of motivation pisses me off.

I don't see how Jordan fans can dislike Kobe - Kobe's the only competitor that's come close to Jordan in terms of sheer ferocity and desire. That guy carries himself so much like Jordan that it's not even funny. Jordan fans call him a poser, but I don't get it. Jordan was a pathologically competitive sociopath and Kobe's cut from a very similar cloth.

If you loved Jordan's fire and intensity, you should absolutely love Kobe's as well. Anyone that thinks it's all an act must think that the guy is the greatest actor of all time. You can't keep up that kind of intensity for 15 years if it's not real.

Kobe's an assassin, just as Jordan was before him. LeBron's just an otherwordly talented man-child that had to be shamed into working on his game.

Hootie 03-29-2013 04:47 PM

When has Kobe ever been a closer? Isn't that the definition of an assassin? What has he ever closed? Name a defining Kobe Finals moment. Name 3. I can name 3 from just about every Finals Michael was in.

I think Kobe may have been the most valuable player on his team 1 team (and that's being generous) on his 5 championships. (In the postseason, not over the entire course of the season)

DJ's left nut 03-29-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539016)
When has Kobe ever been a closer? Isn't that the definition of an assassin? What has he ever closed? Name a defining Kobe Finals moment. Name 3. I can name 3 from just about every Finals Michael was in.

I think Kobe may have been the most valuable player on his team 1 team (and that's being generous) on his 5 championships. (In the postseason, not over the entire course of the season)

Game 4 against the Pacers in his first NBA finals is the easiest example.

Jalen Rose slid his leg in under Kobe during a jumper in Game 2 and sprained his ankle (because Jalen Rose is a punk). Kobe missed game 3 and the Pacers won to draw it to a 2-1 series.

Game 4 was pivotal as hell and ended up in overtime where Shaq fouled out. Kobe completely owned that overtime period, made 3 huge baskets and stole the win on the road to make it a 3-1 series. Had they lost that, the Pacers would've won 2 in a row to tie the series at 2-2 and the Pacers throttled the Lakers in game 5 which would've given them a 3 game winning streak and all the momentum in the world.

Without that win, without that performance from Kobe, the Lakers very likely don't win the 2000 NBA Championship and suddenly that era could've gone very very differently.

Oh there are other examples as well, but that's the most glaring.

People that don't want to like Kobe don't ever remember stuff like that, but there's a ton of it. It doesn't bother me - it is what it is. The Jordan fans think they have to belittle Kobe to make sure that there remains separation between them. I don't get it; there's going to be separation between the two even if you give Bryant every drop of credit he's earned.

It just is what it is.

thabear04 03-29-2013 05:20 PM

This shit better then Taco Bell that give me the shits.

SnakeXJones 03-29-2013 05:28 PM

Jesus I would shoot myself in the head if I was a cowgirls fan wtf

SAUTO 03-29-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9538828)
Wow. Jerry Jones is not a bright dude. Well at least now the Chiefs have a shot against my wife's Cowboys this fall at Arrowhead. I was afraid it was a sure loss.

Did you think they were going to cut him?

This changes nothing about this year...
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 03-29-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9539031)
Game 4 against the Pacers in his first NBA finals is the easiest example.

Jalen Rose slid his leg in under Kobe during a jumper in Game 2 and sprained his ankle (because Jalen Rose is a punk). Kobe missed game 3 and the Pacers won to draw it to a 2-1 series.

Game 4 was pivotal as hell and ended up in overtime where Shaq fouled out. Kobe completely owned that overtime period, made 3 huge baskets and stole the win on the road to make it a 3-1 series. Had they lost that, the Pacers would've won 2 in a row to tie the series at 2-2 and the Pacers throttled the Lakers in game 5 which would've given them a 3 game winning streak and all the momentum in the world.

Without that win, without that performance from Kobe, the Lakers very likely don't win the 2000 NBA Championship and suddenly that era could've gone very very differently.

Oh there are other examples as well, but that's the most glaring.

People that don't want to like Kobe don't ever remember stuff like that, but there's a ton of it. It doesn't bother me - it is what it is. The Jordan fans think they have to belittle Kobe to make sure that there remains separation between them. I don't get it; there's going to be separation between the two even if you give Bryant every drop of credit he's earned.

It just is what it is.

:clap:

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 9539077)
Jesus I would shoot myself in the head if I was a cowgirls fan wtf

Chiefs Planet by far is the greatest message board ever.

You should read their message board.

They think Romo is the greatest QB in history and they have so many excuses it's not even funny.

Those ****ing people are delusional.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9539129)
Chiefs Planet by far is the greatest message board ever.

You should read their message board.

They think Romo is the greatest QB in history and they have so many excuses it's not even funny.

Those ****ing people are delusional.

Yeah, there are only 2 or 3 people in here sucking off Romo.

KurtCobain 03-29-2013 06:31 PM

I like romo. on a list of who I would like to start my season with this year out of any quarterback in the NFL, Romo has to be top 10.

threebag 03-29-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9539230)
Yeah, there are only 2 or 3 people in here sucking off Romo.

Romo has
It
They are probably the ghey

Hootie 03-29-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9539104)
:clap:

and the funny thing is...

that is the ONE AND ONLY finals moment I've EVER heard.

seriously, I'm not even trying to bash the guy...I don't remember any other time of him being "clutch" or being this assassin people make him out to be in the NBA Finals and really even the playoffs minus one Suns game I remember in the earlier rounds..

everyone craved Jordan so much that they wanted to turn Kobe into Michael...Kobe into this "closer" and he never, ever, ever was...

Never.

Seriously. If you can rattle off a few game winners he hit in the Finals...or a few times where he did something MEMORABLE...other than this one time Shaq fouled out...

I'm all ears.

I eagerly await.

Hammock Parties 03-29-2013 06:37 PM

I have a dickton of Cowboys idiots on facebook...because I grew up in Dallas...so they are loving this. LMAO

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...96655844_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...26129336_n.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 06:44 PM

Joe Flacco was the best QB in all four of his playoff games last year. He's not Trent Dilfer riding a great defense and throwing for 112 yards.

Any slapdick can have a game where they outplay a good QB (Smith vs. Brees in the 2011 NFC Divisional Playoffs), but it stops being a coincidence when Flacco put together the last two postseasons he did.

And here's the thing: Rahim Moore or not, Flacco outplayed Manning in that game. Manning needed an extra return TD just to be in the position to get Rahim Moore'd.

Here's something you all might not remember: Super Bowl XXIII. Joe Montana, who never threw a SB pick, was deep in the red zone and hit a Bengal in the end zone right between the numbers. He dropped it. The 49ers still scored and Montana ended up leading them on a game winning drive at the end. But his ass got incredibly lucky too.

That Rahim Moore play is no more of a good break than the Lee Evans drop was a bad one.

What's the end result? He still wins a conference championship again an elite QB, on the road, no less.

Raiderhater 03-29-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538735)
Tony Romo has a career passer rating of 95. The amount of shit that guy takes is just stupid.

Romo's a good quarterback. He's a 65% passer that averages 8yds/attempt and has the mobility to make up for some shoddy protection.

He's easily a top 15 guy and, like Flacco, probably sits somewhere in the 8-12 range.

People keep blasting him as a bad post-season QB but he's only played in 4 posts-season games and he's been just fine in 2 of them. The last 3 years the Cowboys missed the playoffs because they've had a wildly overrated defense. Moreover, his 'weapons' are being overrated as well. Austin's almost always hurt, Bryant finally had a decent year this season and he's never had much of a running game to work with.

If Eric Decker plays well with Manning, people say "Man, Manning is a god". When Romo gets a great season from Laurent !@#$ing Robinson, people just shrug and act like Robinson must've actually been a badass and we didn't know it. Romo's absolutely made his weapons look better than they are on many occasions.

Romo's a hell of a quarterback, a good leader and he's tough as nails. You give him the exact same team as Joe Flacco and yeah - I'd take Romo over Flacco for at least the next couple of years. And while I recognize that not everyone would agree with that, I certainly don't see how you can say that Flacco is at all clearly better than Romo.

As some one who lived in Cowboyland fr too many years I can tell you that you are missing something very crucial in your analysis; Romo's attitude went sideways after he be me the full time starter. He got too caught up in being the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys and started acting like a primo doņa.

If he were still that same kid having fun out there that he was in the beginning everyone's view of him might very well be different because he might have actually accomplished something.

Hootie 03-29-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9539399)
Joe Flacco was the best QB in all four of his playoff games last year. He's not Trent Dilfer riding a great defense and throwing for 112 yards.

Any slapdick can have a game where they outplay a good QB (Smith vs. Brees in the 2011 NFC Divisional Playoffs), but it stops being a coincidence when Flacco put together the last two postseasons he did.

And here's the thing: Rahim Moore or not, Flacco outplayed Manning in that game. Manning needed an extra return TD just to be in the position to get Rahim Moore'd.

Here's something you all might not remember: Super Bowl XXIII. Joe Montana, who never threw a SB pick, was deep in the red zone and hit a Bengal in the end zone right between the numbers. He dropped it. The 49ers still scored and Montana ended up leading them on a game winning drive at the end. But his ass got incredibly lucky too.

That Rahim Moore play is no more of a good break than the Lee Evans drop was a bad one.

What's the end result? He still wins a conference championship again an elite QB, on the road, no less.

That whole "Manning needed an extra return TD" argument is bullshit. No one knows that those drives wouldn't have ended in TD's either way, and no one knows how the game plays out otherwise if they didn't happen. It's a stupid ****ing argument.

Did Flacco outplay Manning through 4 quarters? I'm not sure. It was close. He made good throws to his receivers who made good plays (abusing Champ Bailey). Peyton Manning also made two really good TD throws that were dead on as well. Manning also led a "game winning" drive...and the Broncos also elected to run on 3rd and 7 when a 1st down would have ended the game outright.

That is totally debatable that Flacco outplayed Manning. It was close. He definitely outplayed him in overtime though I'm not sure that has anything to do with any plays Flacco made...just the fact Manning played like horseshit and looked like his arm was about to fall off in OT.

Lets not act like Flacco was some world beater of a man completing 53% of his passes for a 65 QBR against Denver. If Rahim Moore doesn't happen, your new phenomenon about Joe Flacco being elite doesn't happen.

The dude just isn't elite. At no point, up until a few wow throws this postseason, IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER, have I ever watched Joe Flacco and thought..."wow, he could be great."

Doesn't pass the eye test. Not one bit. One Super Bowl where you get the bounces doesn't do much for me.

The Pats could have put that game away in the 1st half if they played Patriots like offense...but they couldn't convert 3rd and shorts...and let Flacco hang around...hang around...hang around...and then Tom couldn't do shit and the game got out of hand.

But I am not trying to sell what he did short. He played really well this postseason. He got gifted some Eli luck and ran with it. It was impressive.

But one stretch in a long enough career doesn't suddenly make me think, "oh man, this guy is elite." He has talent, but his inconsistency is just too much for me to put him in the top 8. He's fringe. Personally, I'd take 13 QB's over Joe Flacco.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539479)
That whole "Manning needed an extra return TD" argument is bullshit. No one knows that those drives wouldn't have ended in TD's either way, and no one knows how the game plays out otherwise if they didn't happen. It's a stupid ****ing argument.

Did Flacco outplay Manning through 4 quarters? I'm not sure. It was close. He made good throws to his receivers who made good plays (abusing Champ Bailey). Peyton Manning also made two really good TD throws that were dead on as well. Manning also led a "game winning" drive...and the Broncos also elected to run on 3rd and 7 when a 1st down would have ended the game outright.

That is totally debatable that Flacco outplayed Manning. It was close. He definitely outplayed him in overtime though I'm not sure that has anything to do with any plays Flacco made...just the fact Manning played like horseshit and looked like his arm was about to fall off in OT.

Lets not act like Flacco was some world beater of a man completing 53% of his passes for a 65 QBR against Denver. If Rahim Moore doesn't happen, your new phenomenon about Joe Flacco being elite doesn't happen.

The dude just isn't elite. At no point, up until a few wow throws this postseason, IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER, have I ever watched Joe Flacco and thought..."wow, he could be great."

Doesn't pass the eye test. Not one bit. One Super Bowl where you get the bounces doesn't do much for me.

The Pats could have put that game away in the 1st half if they played Patriots like offense...but they couldn't convert 3rd and shorts...and let Flacco hang around...hang around...hang around...and then Tom couldn't do shit and the game got out of hand.

But I am not trying to sell what he did short. He played really well this postseason. He got gifted some Eli luck and ran with it. It was impressive.

But one stretch in a long enough career doesn't suddenly make me think, "oh man, this guy is elite." He has talent, but his inconsistency is just too much for me to put him in the top 8. He's fringe. Personally, I'd take 13 QB's over Joe Flacco.

You seem to be conflating me with other people. I don't think Joe Flacco is a top five QB. He's not elite. But he had an elite postseason, just like Eli did, as you rightly point out. I'd definitely take Flacco over Romo solely for the age factor and I think Flacco still has potential to grow and develop as a QB, whereas Romo is leaving his prime.

Regarding the return factor: I think you're underestimating it. While you are right that it's impossible to know what happened, we all know what a demonstrable effect return TDs have on momentum. When Vermeil was here he always talked about how difficult it was to beat a team that had a return touchdown because it upsets the balance of the game so much, and I agree with that.

I'm higher on Flacco than you, and obviously lower than Romo, but I don't think he's in the Rodgers-Brady category. But he's earned entrance into the Eli category, and their play in the postseason elevates them above good fantasy QBs, to me at least.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 07:21 PM

I don't know if anyone thinks Flacco is an elite QB overall. I just talk about his postseason.

He's like the opposite of Peyton.

Hootie 03-29-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9539498)
You seem to be conflating me with other people. I don't think Joe Flacco is a top five QB. He's not elite. But he had an elite postseason, just like Eli did, as you rightly point out. I'd definitely take Flacco over Romo solely for the age factor and I think Flacco still has potential to grow and develop as a QB, whereas Romo is leaving his prime.

Regarding the return factor: I think you're underestimating it. While you are right that it's impossible to know what happened, we all know what a demonstrable effect return TDs have on momentum. When Vermeil was here he always talked about how difficult it was to beat a team that had a return touchdown because it upsets the balance of the game so much, and I agree with that.

I'm higher on Flacco than you, and obviously lower than Romo, but I don't think he's in the Rodgers-Brady category. But he's earned entrance into the Eli category, and their play in the postseason elevates them above good fantasy QBs, to me at least.

I can't put Flacco with Eli. No way. Eli carries his team during regular seasons. Eli gets his team into the postseason. Eli, two years ago, was pretty much the sole reason the Giants even had a chance to make the playoffs (which they turned into another Super Bowl).

When Flacco carries the Ravens into the playoffs maybe he can be on Eli's level. The Ravens won this year DESPITE Joe Flacco UNTIL the playoffs. Even then, the defense kept them in it for an entire half against New England before Joe woke up and start heaving it to Anquan.

Regardless...when Flacco has an Eli Manning 2011 where he single-handedly keeps his team together through injuries and shitty team play and is the #1 reason (and #2, #3 and #4) on why they are in the playoffs in the first place...

THEN I might consider Flacco to be a 2nd tier NFL star QB like Eli.

Right now, he belongs in the Romo, Cutler tier.

Hootie 03-29-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9539503)
I don't know if anyone thinks Flacco is an elite QB overall. I just talk about his postseason.

He's like the opposite of Peyton.

he's the opposite of Peyton because, before this year, his team has never asked him ONE TIME to be the reason they win a playoff game...just try and be the reason they don't lose.

You can't compare a superstar QB with superstar expectations to a guy like Joe Flacco who has never been asked before this postseason to win a game by being the superstar.

He never had to make the plays...he just had to make sure he didn't make the plays that lost the game.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO THE TWO.

Brady and Manning are fair comparisons.

Comparing Flacco to Manning because he has a better W/L in the postseason is a ****ing joke of a comparison and 100% flawed. It's not comparable.

tk13 03-29-2013 07:25 PM

I was hard on Flacco in previous years because he would win playoff games with terrible sub-50% passing performances and things like that... but you guys are brutal. The guy is coming off two postseasons where he missed a Super Bowl because of a dropped pass, and one where he won a Super Bowl and finished the postseason with 11 TD/0 INT. Hard to argue against that.

Hootie 03-29-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9539519)
I was hard on Flacco in previous years because he would win playoff games with terrible sub-50% passing performances and things like that... but you guys are brutal. The guy is coming off two postseasons where he missed a Super Bowl because of a dropped pass, and one where he won a Super Bowl and finished the postseason with 11 TD/0 INT. Hard to argue against that.

but you're ignoring the fact he didn't play well against New England up until that last drive where Evans dropped that ball in 2011...

I mean, yay...I understand he came through in the end (or should have), but come on.

Tim Tebow wasn't elite because he won a bunch of flukey games and then won a flukey postseason game because teams got soft on him at the end.

In my world, an elite QB is elite from snap 1 to the final snap...at least on a consistent basis. An elite QB is the best player on his team, and the player the team expects to lead them to victory.

Joe Flacco has never had that claim to fame until he played out of his mind this postseason.

Can he replicate that for an entire season? If so, fine...he's elite.

I just don't see it happening.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539514)
he's the opposite of Peyton because, before this year, his team has never asked him ONE TIME to be the reason they win a playoff game...just try and be the reason they don't lose.

You can't compare a superstar QB with superstar expectations to a guy like Joe Flacco who has never been asked before this postseason to win a game by being the superstar.

He never had to make the plays...he just had to make sure he didn't make the plays that lost the game.

THERE IS NO COMPARISON TO THE TWO.

Brady and Manning are fair comparisons.

Comparing Flacco to Manning because he has a better W/L in the postseason is a ****ing joke of a comparison and 100% flawed. It's not comparable.

I can compare them.

One makes the necessary throws to win in the postseason, the other makes boneheaded decisions and chokes.

Hootie 03-29-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9539541)
I can compare them.

One makes the necessary throws to win in the postseason, the other makes boneheaded decisions and chokes.

Yawn. You're an idiot. I make actual points, you just blabber. You're just dumb.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539548)
Yawn. You're an idiot. I make actual points, you just blabber. You're just dumb.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 07:34 PM

He was like 17-28 for 220 yards and 2 TDs before that last drive.

tk13 03-29-2013 07:36 PM

I would absolutely agree that he is not as consistent as some of the other great QBs in the league. But he does take a ton of shots downfield because he has a huge arm. The guy is a dropped pass away from 2 straight Super Bowls and has an 18 TD/2 INT ratio in the last 3 postseasons. That's pretty tough.

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9539571)
I would absolutely agree that he is not as consistent as some of the other great QBs in the league. But he does take a ton of shots downfield because he has a huge arm. The guy is a dropped pass away from 2 straight Super Bowls and has an 18 TD/2 INT ratio in the last 3 postseasons. That's pretty tough.

YOU'RE DUMB. YOU CAN'T MAKE POINTS. YOU BLABBER.

Bump 03-29-2013 07:42 PM

This seems like a reeruned contract. But Romo can make plays. I don't watch many cowboys games, is he the main reason why they lose? They always seem to have a lot of talent and a new coach every couple of years.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9539611)
This seems like a reeruned contract. But Romo can make plays. I don't watch many cowboys games, is he the main reason why they lose? They always seem to have a lot of talent and a new coach every couple of years.

Cowboys are a dysfunctional organization overall. Romo is not completely horrible, but he's not a clutch playmaker. He makes a lot of mistakes in crunch time.

He's in that same class a Rivers and Cutler. They all play just "good enough" to keep you from rebuilding....but never truly good enough to win anything.

Romo has only won 1 playoff game in 7 seasons.......didn't Kaepernick and Wilson win more than that just this season?

Raiderhater 03-29-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9539548)

He made the only point that matters in the end.

Brianfo 03-29-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9539519)

Oh snap. No logic here. More than one way to skin a cat.

HMc 03-29-2013 08:22 PM

you know you're on a chiefs board when a super bowl winning playoff run (which included impressive QB play and QB stats) is hand-waived away as a mere triviality and regular season consistency is hailed as the true measure of QB superiority

Raiderhater 03-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9539995)
you know you're on a chiefs board when a super bowl winning playoff run (which included impressive QB play and QB stats) is hand-waived away as a mere triviality and regular season consistency is hailed as the true measure of QB superiority

Pretty much.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9539995)

lmao this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-29-2013 08:39 PM

you know you're on a message board full of dipshits when you correlate every win and loss with the QB

I already proved this with the Eli Manning theory...it took 5 miraculous LOW percentage plays for him to win two super bowls...and two NFCC games where it took the other team doing ridiculous shit for him to get there (terrible Favre pick, two Kyle Williams' fumbles)

yet he's clutch because he won two super bowls...via a dropped pick, helmet catch on a play where he is called down 9 times out of 10, welker drop and miracle Manningham

HMc 03-29-2013 08:45 PM

That is not a terribly deft use of logic. Anyone you don't like can be explained way using your multiple miracle theory, but your favourites are totally in control of their own destiny.

The fact that you need to explain away 5 (at least) of them should go some of the way towards indicating that they aren't "miracles". Either that or he is Jesus himself.

And even if Eli and Flacco are the luckiest guys ever, isn't that a positive attribute? Don't you want a guy that brings that kind of luck?

tk13 03-29-2013 08:51 PM

I love Hootie logic. There are no measures or standards or metrics... it's just whatever he thinks, because he thinks it, and that makes it so. There's really no way to argue it because he makes arguments that are like fluid opinions that disregard things that happen on the field.

This year's Broncos team was the best team Peyton's ever had, even though they lost. Russell Wilson is probably the greatest QB to ever play the game. And Flacco is overrated even though he's had two straight outstanding playoff runs and won a Super Bowl while not throwing a single INT in the playoffs. Regardless of what actually happened on the field, this is how things are. The actual competition aspect of sports is completely pointless.

HMc 03-29-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9540158)
I love Hootie logic. There are no measures or standards or metrics... it's just whatever he thinks, because he thinks it, and that makes it so. There's really no way to argue it because he makes arguments that are like fluid opinions that disregard things that happen on the field.

This year's Broncos team was the best team Peyton's ever had, even though they lost. Russell Wilson is probably the greatest QB to ever play the game. And Flacco is overrated even though he's had two straight outstanding playoff runs and won a Super Bowl while not throwing a single INT in the playoffs.

Don't you get it? He would have thrown 10 INTs if there hadn't been a statistically ****ing-implausible series of screwups by the DBs on every single INT opportunity.

Hootie 03-29-2013 08:57 PM

ok fine LMAO

you guys can have Flacco...he's all yours

Joe Flacco LMAO

Rahim Moore made him very rich, and now everyone even thinks he's elite too. Awesome.

Ace Gunner 03-29-2013 09:16 PM

so you get your boss on crack and then you get that contract out

okcchief 03-29-2013 09:35 PM

I've been somewhat of a Romo defender because I think Dallas' problems are deeper than him. However, this contract is ****ing reeruned.

MBSiMMENS 03-29-2013 09:44 PM

Sadly I think he is a gamer with a good running game and o-line but with that kind of money there is no way he is ever going to live up to it unless he wins a SB. He should just switch to baseball and change his name to Barry Zito

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9538735)
Tony Romo has a career passer rating of 95. The amount of shit that guy takes is just stupid.

Romo's a good quarterback. He's a 65% passer that averages 8yds/attempt and has the mobility to make up for some shoddy protection.

He's easily a top 15 guy and, like Flacco, probably sits somewhere in the 8-12 range.

People keep blasting him as a bad post-season QB but he's only played in 4 posts-season games and he's been just fine in 2 of them. The last 3 years the Cowboys missed the playoffs because they've had a wildly overrated defense. Moreover, his 'weapons' are being overrated as well. Austin's almost always hurt, Bryant finally had a decent year this season and he's never had much of a running game to work with.

If Eric Decker plays well with Manning, people say "Man, Manning is a god". When Romo gets a great season from Laurent !@#$ing Robinson, people just shrug and act like Robinson must've actually been a badass and we didn't know it. Romo's absolutely made his weapons look better than they are on many occasions.

Romo's a hell of a quarterback, a good leader and he's tough as nails. You give him the exact same team as Joe Flacco and yeah - I'd take Romo over Flacco for at least the next couple of years. And while I recognize that not everyone would agree with that, I certainly don't see how you can say that Flacco is at all clearly better than Romo.

It looks like you guys are already off and running, but I feel the need to respond to you because you responded to me.

I think Romo is a good to great QB. He makes a lot, lot, lot of plays. He has a strong arm, great accuracy all over the field, and what's most special about him to me is how he moves in and out of the pocket, creating more time to let his guys get open. I honestly don't think there's a QB in the league that moves around as well as he does, save maybe Big Ben when he's healthy. I hate to use the term "escapability" because I sound like one of those Sportcenter douchebags, but Romo has that in ****ing droves.

I think what Romo lacks in his game is mental. I can't tell you exactly what it is, I don't pretend to have all the answers. I do know that he is Brett Favre-esque in his gunslinging (and I ****ing hate Brett Favre). Some will argue that he's always trying to do too much, but is he really? The dude's had shit loads of talent going back to the mid-2000s. The Cowboys had seasons where they'd send 12 guys to the Pro Bowl and wouldn't get past the Wild Card round of the playoffs.

Although the defense is usually never anything better than middle-of-the-pack, he's had some steady amounts of offensive firepower during his stay in the Big D. You've got one of the best pass-catching TEs ever in Witten, who's been a rock for the past 8 years or so, and an offensive line that's always been pretty good. Then you start talking about the TOs, the Miles Austins, and the Dez Bryants; he has options in the passing game. Also, at times he's had a pretty decent running game. Marion Barber was no slouch for a couple seasons and DeMarco Murray, when healthy, puts up some solid numbers.

Back to the point I was trying to make though. I think Romo is a great QB, I just don't see how this contract is a good move for the franchise. $55 million guaranteed to a 33 year old QB that has yet to bring you even to an NFC Championship game? If I were a Cowboy fan, I'd be pissed, and rightly so.