ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314951)

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13520592)
After 2018, we only have 1 corner signed for 2019.

This draft is an opportunity to fortify a premium position at a huge discount

So ****ing what?

They're adding at least one corner this year and believe it or not, there will be a FA period and another draft again. Yep, it happens annually believe it or not.

They will have more than one for 2019, before 2019 and they will.add more in 2019. Step back from the ledge.

BossChief 04-17-2018 02:16 PM

They need to add 3 corners in this draft

2 need to have starting ability

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 02:17 PM

Well ok, keep ****ing that chicken.

More like they need a starting LG worth a **** because the season will mean nothing if Witz misses a block that injures Mahomes or Fisher injures his pussy and they're stuck playing a shitty back up at LT.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520600)

More like they need a starting LG worth a **** because the season will mean nothing if Witz misses a block that injures Mahomes or Fisher injures his pussy and they're stuck playing a shitty back up at LT.

here's the punch in the gut scenario: Veach maybe contemplating trading Tyreek.

If you're attempting to figure how to maintain the draft capital, with the current value of the Chiefs players.

It would suck, but one could argue that KC has enough talent to succeed in Offense to trade for an upgrade for the Defense.

Simply Red 04-17-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

I can't imagine ****ing a chicken

Pasta Little Brioni 04-17-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520609)

If you're attempting to figure how to maintain the draft capital, with the current value of the Chiefs players.

It would suck, but one could argue that KC has enough talent to succeed in Offense to trade for an upgrade for the Defense.

Loon here...we got a loon here

Pasta Little Brioni 04-17-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13520614)

Then making it into a nice shake and bake infused dinner. Thread time!

Buckweath 04-17-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13520598)

I disagree. I think they need to draft a top corner early and possibly another in the 4th round or later to develop.

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13520614)

I've gone to a party at a frat house before where they looked up exactly that.

The male actor seemed to please himself with the chicken fairly easily.

To veer back to the draft. I'd rather give up more points and big plays if it meant keeping Pat upright for 17 Weeks and off IR.

Seems like building around him should be the actual priority.

Halfcan 04-17-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520625)

To veer back to the draft. I'd rather give up more points and big plays if it meant keeping Pat upright for 17 Weeks and off IR.

:hmmm: WTF?

aturnis 04-17-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13519681)
Houston’s so upset he showed up to workouts this offseason when he didn’t last year.

It's a stupid narrative. Hostin might be mad his friend is gone, but Peters had a HUGE negative effect on Houston's production. No longing pressing receivers b/c Peters refused to hurt Houston's numbers.

Bewbies 04-17-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Never changes, the IMMENSE importance of the guard position here on CP.

****ers like you aren't going to know what to do when you have a QB that doesn't need a perfect line to almost succeed.

rydogg58 04-17-2018 03:58 PM

Quote:

Soo...maybe I am out of the loop, but where has this been said by any credible source? I just don't understand how that makes any sense at all.

staylor26 04-17-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

LMAO

This is being ****ing reeruned. Good god.

SAUTO 04-17-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520590)
LMAO if you think Philly would even consider that trade

Try more like a 3rd and the Chiefs 2019 first, as the floor.

Yep

SAUTO 04-17-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

I almost deleted this post for you but it was so idiotic ifigured you deserved to have to live with it forever

Sassy Squatch 04-17-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520625)

This is way more interesting than the Chiefs plan in the draft. What in the actual ****?

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13520723)
LMAO

This is being ****ing reeruned. Good god.

How else do you expect Veach to pay compensation without being fleeced, and maintain picks?

Bewbies 04-17-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520752)
How else do you expect Veach to pay compensation without being fleeced, and maintain picks?

He shall whisper in your ear.

RunKC 04-17-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520596)
So ****ing what?

They're adding at least one corner this year and believe it or not, there will be a FA period and another draft again. Yep, it happens annually believe it or not.

They will have more than one for 2019, before 2019 and they will.add more in 2019. Step back from the ledge.

So you think Veach should go with lower rated corners on his board who, like Steven Nelson and Phillip Gaines, will probably barely play this year if at all leaving the CB core a complete tire fire?

BossChief 04-17-2018 04:49 PM

This OL is going to look VASTLY improved.

1) Mahomes avoids pressure while keeping his eyes down field. That alone is going to be a huge difference maker in how the OL is viewed.

2) Mahomes is going to kill teams that blitz him. His release and vision are both top notch. The less teams can blitz, the easier the OLs job is.

Now, I’d definitely move up for the right guy on the OL and I agree that protecting the franchise by building a monster line in front of him is a wise investment. Especially with Morse being a FA after this year...but getting 2 starting quality corners is mandatory.

It’s gonna take teams 10-12 games to catch up to what Mahomes is doing on offense. I think he runs wild till that point. The hype machine on the kid will be in full swing.

Opposing teams are going to be throwing the ball A TON.

Let’s say we come out of the draft with Oliver AND Hughes while keeping all of our original picks next year along with a 3rd, 4th and 3 later picks this year for other positions?

Then we use the other third on a safety to play next to Berry.

Or a guard

Mother****erJones 04-17-2018 05:23 PM

First, trading Tyreek is not what Veach is thinking. Delete your profile.

Secondly, I’m all for going up for a corner but not giving up too much. Lots of holes to fill. Plus, this is the year I think we see some UDFAs make the squad and play. There’s finally room for that. Hopefully they can nail one or two of those.

Third, Veach is aggressive. But I like the idea of having a 1, 2 2s and 3 to start the draft next season with no 4th round pick due to the Ragland trade.

I’d stay at 54 if you can’t go up for a corner. We need safeties badly and EB isn’t getting younger. Need to start adding some impact safeties that are worth a ****.

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13520805)
So you think Veach should go with lower rated corners on his board who, like Steven Nelson and Phillip Gaines, will probably barely play this year if at all leaving the CB core a complete tire fire?

My plan is to let things shake out and if a good corner gets within 10 or so slots, yeah go ahead and move up. Don't continuously rob from tomorrow for today is the general theme. They do have more needs than just corner.

I like aggressive,.but there comes a point where you just gotta stick with the board because the team isn't that complete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13520740)
This is way more interesting than the Chiefs plan in the draft. What in the actual ****?

While I appreciated the free Rolling Rock, attending parties at that house wasn't high on my to do list after that.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13520853)

I’d stay at 54 if you can’t go up for a corner. We need safeties badly and EB isn’t getting younger. Need to start adding some impact safeties that are worth a ****.

That's, an answer , but to trade up and knowingly so you have to give up alot and if someone rips another for stating an opinion which involves a difficult decision you better have a solution yourself.

Easy 6 04-17-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520869)
That's, an answer , but to trade up and knowingly so you have to give up alot and if someone rips another for stating an opinion which involves a difficult decision you better have a solution yourself.

Just checked in to page 7, and one of the first things I see is you saying Veach might be contemplating trading Hill?

Whatever you're smoking, lay off that shit bruv...

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13520874)
Just checked in to page 7, and one of the first things I see is you saying Veach might be contemplating trading Hill?

Whatever you're smoking, lay off that shit bruv...

As I said it's going to cost us, the Chiefs will have to live with difficult decisions if they want trade into the 1st

BossChief 04-17-2018 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520865)
My plan is to let things shake out and if a good corner gets within 10 or so slots, yeah go ahead and move up. Don't continuously rob from tomorrow for today is the general theme. They do have more needs than just corner.

I like aggressive,.but there comes a point where you just gotta stick with the board because the team isn't that complete.

While I appreciated the free Rolling Rock, attending parties at that house wasn't high on my to do list after that.

How is trading the pick we got from Marcus Peters “robbing from next year?”

BossChief 04-17-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520877)
As I said it's going to cost us, the Chiefs will have to live with difficult decisions if they want trade into the 1st

There’s absolutely no chance they trade Hill.

It’s silly to even suggest.

Easy 6 04-17-2018 05:53 PM

Quote:

3 is overkill, 2 is fine with one penciled in package starter IMO

Quote:

Its true, this isnt just another CP dumbass 'lets draft a fatty yay O line' drumbeat... everyone from you and me, to national writers knows that LG has been a black hole for freaking years

If there is a chance to lock that spot down for 10 years as one of St Pats 'Unsullied' bodyguards, you take it... Veach has already proven that he intends to load this offense, so dont be surprised about LG

Easy 6 04-17-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520877)

I feel like a nice guy this evening, no insults forthcoming... but there should be

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13520886)
There’s absolutely no chance they trade Hill.

It’s silly to even suggest.

What's your solution?

BossChief 04-17-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520896)
What's your solution?

Using a combination of the pick from Peters and either this years 2 or 3.

Either combination would get us into the late first early second.

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13520889)
3 is overkill, 2 is fine with one penciled in package starter IMO

Its true, this isnt just another CP dumbass 'lets draft a fatty yay O line' drumbeat... everyone from you and me, to national writers knows that LG has been a black hole for freaking years

If there is a chance to lock that spot down for 10 years as one of St Pats 'Unsullied' bodyguards, you take it... Veach has already proven that he intends to load this offense, so dont be surprised about LG

Yep.

While Mahomes will possibly make the OL look better than Alex did, no way anyone can deny they've never figured out the LG position and Witz is not the answer at all.

I don't think they gotta shift up in the draft to fill it, but hard to fill that need if they trade off half of the picks and spend it all on corners.

Moving up a but to land a starting corner and nabbing a 2nd one somewhere Day 3 is definitely realistic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13520884)
How is trading the pick we got from Marcus Peters “robbing from next year?”

When they are trading off a future choice to fall back under the standard pick count threshold, what else would you call it?

Losing the actual net gain from the Peters trade to move up for his replacement would net them a 6th for 4th swap for an All-pro corner.

That would be like pissing on an electric fence because Frank said you were a pussy and wouldn't do it. You did it and by golly did it hurt, so your solution for burning dick is to numb it up some by sticking it in the waffle iron. Sure it goes numb and the pain subsides and Frank thinks you're cool as ****, but now your dick looks like a mangled burnt breadstick.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13520900)

you know Dan well the Chiefs will have to over pay especially if it's out in the open.

This won't be a friendly deal on KC's end

aturnis 04-17-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13519712)
Bc they both have multiple early 2nd rd picks. Browns have 33/35 and Colts have 36/37.

Dorsey just loves picks and Ballard has an enormous rebuild to do.

You don’t think either team would like to pick early in rd 2, move down to 54 with their second 2nd rd pick, stay in rd 2 and get 2nd rd pick next season?

If KC is giving up the kind of capital it takes to get to 33-37, they'll likely do what it takes to get to 32 or above. That 5th year option is too valuable.

rydogg58 04-17-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520908)
you know Dan well the Chiefs will have to over pay especially if it's out in the open.

Teams always overpay to move up. But to suggest that he's contemplating trading Tyreek is ridiculous. It's the man's first draft year, I'm sure he wants to stick around for a few more years. Trading Tyreek guarantees he's one and done.

Not only that, this is exactly how shills like Athan get absurd story lines published. I wouldn't be surprised if he writes about how he's "hearing rumors Veach wants to trade Tyreek, per an unnamed source".

Easy 6 04-17-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

What's your solution?

Trade next years second or third, trade Clarks mom... trade anything but your proven All-Pro gamebreaker on his rookie contract for cripe pete!!!!!!

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13520919)
If KC is giving up the kind of capital it takes to get to 33-37, they'll likely do what it takes to get to 32 or above. That 5th year option is too valuable.

Some aren't living in the real world concerning that making a very public trade will be expensive.

I'm shelling out nightmare scenarios, but people are acting like 3 year olds not understanding that the other team is out to **** us over too.

the trade chart is BS, when other teams are inflating the price because of a bidding war for player(s)

Mother****erJones 04-17-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520941)
Some aren't living in the real world concerning that making a very public trade will be expensive.

I'm shelling out nightmare scenarios, but people are acting like 3 year olds not understanding that the other team is out to **** us over too.

the trade chart is BS, when other teams are inflating the price because of a bidding war for player(s)

You do realize Philly doesn’t have a 2nd or 3rd round picks?

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13520954)
You do realize Philly doesn’t have a 2nd or 3rd round picks?

You do realize that doesn't matter, they just won the SB as it stands

SAUTO 04-17-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13520900)

I dont think so

SAUTO 04-17-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520941)

Trading hill isn't ****ing real world

Mother****erJones 04-17-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520955)
You do realize that doesn't matter, they just won the SB as it stands

And KC isn’t trading Tyreek Hill. That’s the dumbest ****ing thing anyone has said on this forum. Stop

aturnis 04-17-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13520164)
Giving up assets to replace a player we had on the cheap. Clown franchise.

A player who made most of the players around him less effective. He forced the defense to play to his strengths, not the strengths of the defense as a whole.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13520988)
And KC isn’t trading Tyreek Hill. That’s the dumbest ****ing thing anyone has said on this forum. Stop

Exactly we stay as is, the Chiefs will **** themselves with the comp

BossChief 04-17-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13520906)
Yep.

While Mahomes will possibly make the OL look better than Alex did, no way anyone can deny they've never figured out the LG position and Witz is not the answer at all.

I don't think they gotta shift up in the draft to fill it, but hard to fill that need if they trade off half of the picks and spend it all on corners.

Moving up a but to land a starting corner and nabbing a 2nd one somewhere Day 3 is definitely realistic.

When they are trading off a future choice to fall back under the standard pick count threshold, what else would you call it?

Losing the actual net gain from the Peters trade to move up for his replacement would net them a 6th for 4th swap for an All-pro corner.

That would be like pissing on an electric fence because Frank said you were a pussy and wouldn't do it. You did it and by golly did it hurt, so your solution for burning dick is to numb it up some by sticking it in the waffle iron. Sure it goes numb and the pain subsides and Frank thinks you're cool as ****, but now your dick looks like a mangled burnt breadstick.

Losing Peters is a sunk cost.

If we aren’t going to have him this year using the picks we got from him to help this years team isn’t stealing from the future. It’s utilizung currency as it’s earned.

Pitt Gorilla 04-17-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rydogg58 (Post 13520720)
Soo...maybe I am out of the loop, but where has this been said by any credible source? I just don't understand how that makes any sense at all.

veach has shown a willingness to trade insanely talented but troubled young, cost-controlled players for relatively meager returns.

O.city 04-17-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

Dude come on

SAUTO 04-17-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521039)
Dude come on

He should punch himself in the nuts for even suggesting it

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13521017)

If we aren’t going to have him this year using the picks we got from him to help this years team isn’t stealing from the future. It’s utilizung currency as it’s earned.

Doubling down on stupid isn't how you build a quality, long term team.

I know we're all high on Mahomes here, but I don't feel strongly about a first year starting QB taking us to the Super Bowl just quite yet. Don't feel it's completely necessary to go aggressive in that fashion today.

They will have other things to address coming up.

Unless Dee Ford really turns it around this year and they feel good about giving him a long-term deal, they're going to have a massive hole at edge rusher going into 2019.

Morse will be a FA, so they will also need a Center if they don't elect to keep him in house. Allen Bailey will be a FA too and I can't see him getting a 3rd contract.

Next year is shaping up to be a great class for DL and edge-rushers, so I'd rather keep the high choices we have now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-17-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Unrealistic.

O.city 04-17-2018 07:42 PM

May not be Super Bowl push in 18 per say but you wanna push in 19,20,21

Get as many of the guys you think will be in their prime during that windowhere This year if you can and let them build together

JakeF 04-17-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Why in the holy every-lovin bleepty bleep would Veach trade Hill?

He's young,improving with not a single ounce of trouble since joining the team. He seems to be a fine locker room guy and hasn't shown any inclination in wanting to live anywhere else. He was born in Florida but went to 2 colleges that are nearby in Garden City and Oklahoma State.

The Chiefs already have a QB so what player in this draft would be worth trading Hill for? I wouldn't trade Hill for the best cornerback in this draft Denzel Ward. A trade for the consensus best player is Saquon Barkley and that doesn't even make considering we already have Hunt.

If Veach would have held onto Peters for a while longer, we might have been able to get a good deal by using him to trade up but not Hill.

Put the Glunt down and go to sleep. :shake:

Mother****erJones 04-17-2018 08:10 PM

Jeremiah on his mock draft live special tonight had a bold prediction of KC trading back into round one for a corner

carcosa 04-17-2018 08:18 PM

I'd **** a chicken. Cloacas are tight as hell, my man

RunKC 04-17-2018 08:20 PM

Sutton had this defense at 15th in the league in points given up and no more than 21 points given up at home minus one Marriotta fluke TD to himself.

That was with Zombo, Sorenson, Kevin Pierre Louis, Terrance Mitchell and the walking corpses of DJ and Tamba.

I am confident that if we provide Sutton with a competent starting corner to add to the FA additions, we can be around 10th in points allowed again.

Add that to an explosive offense and you have a chance.

Chief Northman 04-17-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13521195)
Sutton had this defense at 15th in the league in points given up and no more than 21 points given up at home minus one Marriotta fluke TD to himself.

That was with Zombo, Sorenson, Kevin Pierre Louis, Terrance Mitchell and the walking corpses of DJ and Tamba.

I am confident that if we provide Sutton with a competent starting corner to add to the FA additions, we can be around 10th in points allowed again.

Add that to an explosive offense and you have a chance.

* Need two safeties that can tackle and be respectable in coverage
* Need another true 5 tech that can rotate in with Bailey/Jones with little drop-off inproduction
* Need a cover/spy linebacker to fill the KPL role and hopefully be more competent at it
* Need the rotational interior DL to be sound in the run game
* Need edge pass rush insurance in the speed variety. KPass is not that with the plan to move him inside situationally. Ford/Nicolas need to earn their snaps by showing some durability. If Zombo plays any defensive snaps, this defense is in trouble.

Bewbies 04-17-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13521109)
Unrealistic.

We’ll have a UFDA make the team at CB. Get 2 in the draft and that’s 3.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-17-2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13521224)

Two quality starters opposite Fuller before camp?

Unrealistic.

Chiefshrink 04-17-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13519680)
Heard it from few people....

who were at Best Buy ??:D

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 13521224)

There will be a major purge of veteran corners after the draft and they could fill that final role with a cut.

BossChief 04-17-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13521112)
May not be Super Bowl push in 18 per say but you wanna push in 19,20,21

Get as many of the guys you think will be in their prime during that windowhere This year if you can and let them build together

exactly

Especially corners

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claysexual (Post 13521226)
Two quality starters opposite Fuller before camp?

Unrealistic.

2 guys with starting potential.

Key word potential.

Guys that can be better than Nelson and Amerson. Soon, if not immediately.

This team needs 3-4 corners that can cover and take the ball away.

Allow the backers and safeties to attack

BossChief 04-17-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13521291)
There will be a major purge of veteran corners after the draft and they could fill that final role with a cut.

They aren’t going that route unless they completely whiff in the draft.

These guys are going to play all the kids and coach them up.

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13521312)
They aren’t going that route unless they completely whiff in the draft.

These guys are going to play all the kids and coach them up.

To fill that final roster spot, I don't see why not. Settle down, Beavis.

BossChief 04-17-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13521313)
To fill that final roster spot, I don't see why not. Settle down, Beavis.

Listen to Veaches media comments about it.

They are going to learn on the fly with young players, not vets.

BryanBusby 04-17-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13521315)
Listen to Veaches media comments about it.

They are going to learn on the fly with young players, not vets.

That doesn't mean literally no veterans at all dude. LMAO

I would bet on DRC as a post draft signing more than I would on some bizarro draft board grenade fantasy to have 3 rookies at Corner. Breeland is far from old and will be a steal pick up once the aids in his foot clears up.

Willie Lanier 04-17-2018 10:47 PM

Carlton Davis all the way!

CasselGotPeedOn 04-18-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

What's your solution?

I'm thinkin lobotomy.

Chargem 04-18-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13521204)
* Need two safeties that can tackle and be respectable in coverage Two? They added Golden who had a solid 2017, much better than the Chiefs safeties who played in 2017. I think they add 1 and let McQuay have some more playing time
* Need another true 5 tech that can rotate in with Bailey/Jones with little drop-off inproduction They already re-signed Jenkins and RNR, so we're pretty much using the same line as last year. A developmental type guy will be available in the draft
* Need a cover/spy linebacker to fill the KPL role and hopefully be more competent at it Agree, although Eligwe was impressive in pre-season etc, maybe he gets a bigger role in 2018
* Need the rotational interior DL to be sound in the run game Losing Logan and adding X. Williams is this move, plus Hitchens to shore up the run D
* Need edge pass rush insurance in the speed variety. KPass is not that with the plan to move him inside situationally. Ford/Nicolas need to earn their snaps by showing some durability. If Zombo plays any defensive snaps, this defense is in trouble. developmental pass rushers are available in the draft, from speed rushers like Holland to bigger guys like Ogbo Okoronkwo

Chief Northman 04-18-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 13521340)

- I believe Sorenson gets cut post June 1, thus the safety additions.
- Jenkins anecdote RNR aren’t true 5 techs.
- Ogbo is 6’1/240’s for weight - he’s not exactly a 3-4 edge setting prototype. Holland disappears way too often for my liking. He has some tools, but is inconsistent. If Chiefs go Edge early I like Carter, and Turay if we want a project in mid-later rounds.

aturnis 04-18-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13520908)

Disagree. Trade values were pretty fair last year. With the additional freedom to trade centre more willingness to do so.

aturnis 04-18-2018 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13521017)

It's also devaluing that currency though as next years second is only worth a third this year.

aturnis 04-18-2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13521291)

Not to mention camp casualties.

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2018 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13521355)
Disagree. Trade values were pretty fair last year. With the additional freedom to trade centre more willingness to do so.

The Marcus Peters trade is a good template. If the Chiefs are desperate they'll forgo a fair market trade.

I truly thought the Chiefs would get a 1st round pick out the Rans trade

aturnis 04-18-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13521358)
The Marcus Peters trade is a good template. If the Chiefs are desperate they'll forgo a fair market trade.

I truly thought the Chiefs would get a 1st round pick out the Rans trade

? The Peters trade doesn't count. If they had any leverage to play hardball, they'd have gotten soothing for him.

The Chiefs were getting rid of him. Not interested in keeping him. The entire league knew it. We held zero cards beings we wanted to move him early before the draft. It's really too bad most of the league was scared of him.

If they wanted to hold onto him for a trade during the draft, or even after to a team who didn't get the CB help they were looking for in the draft, they couldn't had more.

They were moving on in a hurry. They got what they could.

Tribal Warfare 04-18-2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13521359)
? The Peters trade doesn't count. If they had any leverage to play hardball, they'd have gotten soothing for him.
The Chiefs were getting rid of him. Not inte
rested in keeping him. The entire league knew it. We held zero cards beings we wanted to move him early before the draft. It's really too bad most of the league was scared of him.

They got what they could.

If the entire league knows that the Chiefs want to trade up, we'll have to ante up. Unlike the Mahomes trade this is very public.

Bewbies 04-18-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13521360)
If the entire league knows that the Chiefs want to trade up, we'll have to ante up. Unlike the Mahomes trade this is very public.

You don’t have the biggest brain, or the best brain.

tmax63 04-18-2018 09:56 AM

The trade value chart has held up for a long time. It may not be followed exactly but it's a good benchmark to start from. Adding Golden moves Sorenson back to part-time doing what he did 2 years ago quite well. Moving up and getting a "compete for starter" CB would help the secondary immensely. They got rid of a lot of trash and have picked up replacements that look to be better on paper. Fuller, Amerson, Golden, Williams, Hitchens. Ford, Berry healthy. Ragland, Houston, Jones. There's 10 of 11 starters. Adding 2-3 bodies able to push for starting time and depth is needed but just adding 1 CB and I would like this group quite a bit over last year's.

Chargem 04-18-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 13521360)

I think wanting to trade up and being desperate are not the same thing. I honestly wouldn't mind Parry Nickerson or Nick Nelson in the 3rd or 4th, if one of the more polished cornerbacks either isn't available at 54 or a reasonable trade up can't be achieved.

TomBarndtsTwin 04-18-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13521356)
It's also devaluing that currency though as next years second is only worth a third this year.

This.

That second round pick will be worth a lot more next year than it will this year. Best to hold onto till next year. If they want to package it in a trade then, so be it.