ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports NBA Offseason thread 2013 edition (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274317)

the Talking Can 07-05-2013 08:33 PM

well there you go

someone was making shit up though...

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 08:33 PM

Praise God. Good riddance.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9794336)
He's there chance at them being good. Otherwise you hope you win the lottery and get wiggins though we don't know how good he really is.

Lakers will be a 7-8 seed again next year. There's a better chance I'm the 12th man on their bench then them being in the top 3 picks in next year's draft.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9794363)
well there you go

someone was making shit up though...

Chris Broussard was played like a freaking drum over the last 6 hours.

Good riddance, indeed Dwight.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-05-2013 08:45 PM

So are there any FA out there the Lakers should try to go after...maybe package Gasol and ship him off...?

TambaBerry 07-05-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794407)
Lakers will be a 7-8 seed again next year. There's a better chance I'm the 12th man on their bench then them being in the top 3 picks in next year's draft.

This, unless they blow it up like the celtics just did. Which is what they should do. Trade Kobe and Gasol while you can still get something for them.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 08:49 PM

I think all the hate and negativity needs to be torward the media outlets. Dwight probably has never truly said anything until just now. One media person says something according to "sources", and all the other ones jump on board even though they know nothing about it.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9794411)
So are there any FA out there the Lakers should try to go after...maybe package Gasol and ship him off...?

Bynums available...

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tambaberry (Post 9794412)
This, unless they blow it up like the celtics just did. Which is what they should do. Trade Kobe and Gasol while you can still get something for them.

I'm not trading Kobe Bryant. I enjoy the fact that he's likely playing for one-team his entire career.

I'd be fine with trading Gasol and Nash, but I doubt you'd get dick back for either guy.

Regardless, D'Antoni has to go. Hopefully he drowns with this current team.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 08:51 PM

At the end of the day, the Lakers traded McRoberts, Bynum and a protected first round pick for this clown. It's not earth shattering in the least bit.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-05-2013 08:53 PM

Any big FA left out there...?

Titty Meat 07-05-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794407)

I don't see it. The best thing IMO is they tank Dantoni goes. I would love to see them get Bill Self with 60 mil in cap space and a good draft pick.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9794423)
I don't see it. The best thing IMO is they tank Dantoni goes. I would love to see them get Bill Self with 60 mil in cap space and a good draft pick.

I just don't think the team will ever seek out to be horrible. I'm not against doing it, but I just can't see them doing it with a really aging roster that has very little trade value.

I do agree that D'Antoni has go. Immediately.

TambaBerry 07-05-2013 08:58 PM

lol Bill Self won't leave KU

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794410)
Chris Broussard was played like a freaking drum over the last 6 hours.

Good riddance, indeed Dwight.

Broussard should lose his job.

dirk digler 07-05-2013 09:14 PM

Good fit for the Rockets but he is a ****ing drama queen and a headcase. I don't think McHale is a good enough coach to handle him but we will see.

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:19 PM

I'm very curious to see what direction the Lakers take moving forward. They don't have a first round pick for...3 more years? They've never been a team to build through drafting.

I would imagine step 1 is to amnesty MWP.

After that, are you just hoping that LeBron opts out of his contract?

dirk digler 07-05-2013 09:21 PM

Kobe loves Pau again and unfollows Dwight

http://instagram.com/p/baJkWqxNiO/#

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9794446)
I'm very curious to see what direction the Lakers take moving forward. They don't have a first round pick for...3 more years? They've never been a team to build through drafting.

You can't trade your first round pick in back to back years, so they have one next year.

They are going to amnesty MWP.

tk13 07-05-2013 09:23 PM

Kobe also apparently unfollowed Dwight on Twitter. He is going to score 125 points the first time they play the Rockets next year.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9794446)

I don't think LeBron is going there.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-05-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9794450)
Kobe also apparently unfollowed Dwight on Twitter. He is going to score 125 points the first time they play the Rockets next year.

On 400 shots

dirk digler 07-05-2013 09:28 PM

You can add the Jazz to the tank the season list. Lost both Al Jefferson and now Millsap in 24 hours.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:28 PM

From twitter

Stephen A. Smith says he spoke to Dwight Howard and it was Houston all the way. He never flip-flopped, as was reported.

KevB 07-05-2013 09:29 PM

I think the next big free agent that the Lakers will target is Kevin Love, a west coast guy. LeBron and Melo aren't coming to LA.

KevB 07-05-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9794454)
You can add the Jazz to the tank the season list. Lost both Al Jefferson and now Millsap in 24 hours.

Both for absolutely nothing. Pretty shocking.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:30 PM

Good luck to all the team tanking. It's a lottery not worst gets 1st pick. Just ask the teams that lost out to the Bulls when we won it and got DRose

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:30 PM

If I was a Laker fan I'd want LeBron (farfetched but thrown out there) not Melo. Melo can stay and rot in New York

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794457)
I think the next big free agent that the Lakers will target is Kevin Love, a west coast guy. LeBron and Melo aren't coming to LA.

I'm a big Kevin Love fan, but I could see Melo leaving as long as MDA is gone.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794458)

Own fault for not dealing one at the trade deadline.

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:32 PM

The Lakers have been able to reload on the fly pretty well. I'm not so sure, this time.

D'Antoni and Jim Buss represent the decline of the Lakers. If they want to be bold, they need to make changes at the top and on the bench.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:34 PM

Dwight Howard ‏@DwightHoward 35m
I've decided to become a member of the Houston Rockets. I feel its the best place for me and I am excited (cont) http://tl.gd/n_1rl6tmt

ROFL **** Dwight he's a primadonna.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794465)

The Lakers are a powerhouse. They'll be ok by name alone. They can attract big ticket FAs

Hammock Parties 07-05-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794419)
At the end of the day, the Lakers traded McRoberts, Bynum and a protected first round pick for this clown. It's not earth shattering in the least bit.

Um...don't act like you wouldn't like to have Bynum back now...

TEX 07-05-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9794450)

And lose. I doubt Kobe is all that when he returns. Achillies injuries can be career altering.

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9794469)

Bynum is a UFA. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers went back at him. He'll cost a lot less. He just can't stay healthy.

KevB 07-05-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794465)

Completely agree, couldn't believe they didn't pull the trigger.

KevB 07-05-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794463)
I'm a big Kevin Love fan, but I could see Melo leaving as long as MDA is gone.

Melo is a NYC guy. They'll spend money, and he's the king there. He's not going anywhere.

-King- 07-05-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9794469)

You do realize that Bynum didn't play a single game last year right?

Nvm, forgot who I was talking to. Guy didn't watch a single game until the Finals.

dirk digler 07-05-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794458)

Demarre Carroll bolts Utah too. I think that leaves Hayward as the longest tenure Jazz lol

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 09:42 PM

My question is if you combined Oden and Bynum could you create one healthy knee? :evil:

Hammock Parties 07-05-2013 09:46 PM

This is Kobe's new twitter av

http://dyingread.com/wp-content/uplo...ht_howard.jpeg

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:46 PM

I guess at this point, I'd amnesty MWP and offer Bynum a 2 year deal for about $20 million. Position yourself so that if LeBron opts out you can make a play for him and when Bynum doesn't play it's no big deal. If he does, he could really fit in with Nash, Gasol, and Kobe. No risk, really.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794473)
Melo is a NYC guy. They'll spend money, and he's the king there. He's not going anywhere.

Wife is an LA girl. I just wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks fail to get to advance deep next year.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9794480)
I guess at this point, I'd amnesty MWP and offer Bynum a 2 year deal for about $20 million. Position yourself so that if LeBron opts out you can make a play for him and when Bynum doesn't play it's no big deal. If he does, he could really fit in with Nash, Gasol, and Kobe. No risk, really.

**** no offering Bynum that.

The Lakers should stay away from Bynum and try like hell to get a stretch 4 on a 1 year deal.

Gasol will be fine at C in this shit MDA offense.

TEX 07-05-2013 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=The Bad Guy;9794407]Lakers will be a 7-8 seed again next year. There's a better chance I'm the 12th man on their bench then them being in the top 3 picks in next year's draft.[/

Get ready to suit up! I just don't see it.7 teams are easily better than the Lakers and Kobe is not playing till Feb, no telling how he plays upon returning.

dirk digler 07-05-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9794479)

LMAO Kobe is not making this personal at all...

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794484)

The Lakers should stay away from Bynum and try like hell to get a stretch 4 on a 1 year deal.

Fair enough. I'm not as sour on Bynum in terms of on-court stuff. But yeah, he's close to Oden 2.0.

So who would you go after? Or do you just let it sit this offseason?

BTW, I wanted Kyle Korver as he is lights-out beyond the arc, but he re-signed with the Hawks.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794484)

If u heard the I terview Kobe did with I think mason and Ireland he said they went to dantoni n told him this isn't working (meaning his system) an thenstarted their own system with the Kobe Johnson came out and they went 28-12.

Dantoni isn't running shit. Which is why I don't know why they kept him.

CaliforniaChief 07-05-2013 09:55 PM

Jim Buss is the problem. They should just push him aside and let PhilJeannie run the show.

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794492)
If u heard the I terview Kobe did with I think mason and Ireland he said they went to dantoni n told him this isn't working (meaning his system) an thenstarted their own system with the Kobe Johnson came out and they went 28-12.

Dantoni isn't running shit. Which is why I don't know why they kept him.

It's baffling why he's still the coach. Lakers got a gift when Brown went back to Cleveland and got off the hook for his unpaid money.

The Lakers move was to re-hire Phil in November and dickface Jim Buss let his ego get in the way of making everyone happy.

Pitt Gorilla 07-05-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9794131)
I remember people piling on Morey after last offseason. The guy is an awesome GM. He managed to build a title contender without tanking for an elite draft pick. That is nigh impossible.

he had to find a gm dumb enough to give him a superstar for nearly nothing. Fortunately for him, presti picked up the phone.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794482)
Wife is an LA girl. I just wouldn't be shocked if the Knicks fail to get to advance deep next year.

The Knicks won't IMO advance deep. Heat, Pacers, Bulls and now Brooklyn are all better than the Knicks.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794497)
It's baffling why he's still the coach. Lakers got a gift when Brown went back to Cleveland and got off the hook for his unpaid money.

The Lakers move was to re-hire Phil in November and dickface Jim Buss let his ego get in the way of making everyone happy.

That was the big error with LA. Should've brought Phil back. D'Antoni is a bum.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9794519)
That was the big error with LA. Should've brought Phil back. D'Antoni is a bum.

Phil doesn't wanna coach mult seasons he said he's only do it if they were in a pinch like last season when they fired brown then would have retired.

Signing Antoni was reeruned though. He sucks. Even Steve Nash didn't stick up for him a few weeks ago lol. He just said we are good we dont hang out or anything n left it at that lol

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9794523)
Phil doesn't wanna coach mult seasons he said he's only do it if they were in a pinch like last season when they fired brown then would have retired.

Signing Antoni was reeruned though. He sucks. Even Steve Nash didn't stick up for him a few weeks ago lol. He just said we are good we dont hang out or anything n left it at that lol

I'm shocked he's still coach. You pay whatever Phil wants and let him do his thing. He's a great coach

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 10:36 PM

I see Brandon Jennings and Demarcus Cousins signing with LA next year. Both are young underexposed guys that I feel would love to get the LA treatment after playing in bottom teams their whole careers. Melo won't want to leave NY, and Lebron most likely is going back to Cleveland since he ****ed them over the first time, and I feel like he will want to make it up to them. There is little to no reason why he'd decide to go to LA anyway, by the time he can go there, that roster will be empty and they will have to rebuild around him, whereas Clevland can offer a roster with some young talent, and a legitimate elite talent in Kyrie. I don't know why people even connect him with LA besides the fact that it's LA, and every big FA is always expected to go there.

Direckshun 07-05-2013 10:40 PM

Why the **** wouldn't LeBron just stay in Miami?

MIAdragon 07-05-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9794497)

They should have given the team to Shaw.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9794546)
Why the **** wouldn't LeBron just stay in Miami?

Would you rather play with that roster with an almost ancient Wade and useless Bosh, or a young Cleveland team with a top 5 player in Kyrie? Plus I just feel like Lebron knows he's already accomplished all he can in Miami, it's just time to move onto other things.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9794548)
They should have given the team to Shaw.

I'm glad he finally got a job. He must be the worlds worst interviewer, because I remember every time there was a coaching vacancy in the past few years he was always rumored to be a candidate but he never got the job.

KevB 07-05-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9794542)
I see Brandon Jennings and Demarcus Cousins signing with LA next year. Both are young underexposed guys that I feel would love to get the LA treatment after playing in bottom teams their whole careers. Melo won't want to leave NY, and Lebron most likely is going back to Cleveland since he ****ed them over the first time, and I feel like he will want to make it up to them. There is little to no reason why he'd decide to go to LA anyway, by the time he can go there, that roster will be empty and they will have to rebuild around him, whereas Clevland can offer a roster with some young talent, and a legitimate elite talent in Kyrie. I don't know why people even connect him with LA besides the fact that it's LA, and every big FA is always expected to go there.

Jennings is a restricted FA right now --- doubt he signs anywhere for only 1 year. As for Cousins, is that really a guy you want to build your future around if you're the Lakers?

The Bad Guy 07-05-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794574)
Jennings is a restricted FA right now --- doubt he signs anywhere for only 1 year. As for Cousins, is that really a guy you want to build your future around if you're the Lakers?

Jennings will probably just play his 1 year out and become a UFA next year.

Cousins is an enigma. Truly he's probably the most talented offensive big, or in the near top, in the NBA.

It's going to be a strange ride as a Laker fan.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9794574)

Not Cousins alone, but with another young borderline superstar, it could be worse. My darkhorse though is Paul George. I was going to say him originally, and would probably be the more preferred player in Lakerland, but he seems the most "loyal" to me out of the bunch and I get the feeling Indy won't let him last this next year without a max contract.

okcchief 07-05-2013 11:28 PM

I thought the Lakers should have moved Dwight before the deadline last year. After their slow start I never thought for a second he was coming back. He hated playing with Kobe.

I think Howard is an overrated dick bag who doesnt have the drive and determination for sustained success. There is no doubt in my mind this will be James Harden's team. When Dwight figures that out dont be suprised to see a pouty little bitch. When it comes down to ball cutting time it doesnt seem like he wants it. Its encouraging that he took a basketball situation over money, but in all honesty I think it was more about not wanting to play with Kobe.

kcxiv 07-05-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9794592)
I thought the Lakers should have moved Dwight before the deadline last year. After their slow start I never thought for a second he was coming back. He hated playing with Kobe.

I think Howard is an overrated dick bag who doesnt have the drive and determination for sustained success. There is no doubt in my mind this will be James Harden's team. When Dwight figures that out dont be suprised to see a pouty little bitch. When it comes down to ball cutting time it doesnt seem like he wants it. Its encouraging that he took a basketball situation over money, but in all honesty I think it was more about not wanting to play with Kobe.

Its about not being the Man. These guys go their whole life with being the man! Went to the NBA and was the man on his team. He goes to another team he's not the man anymore he's just another player. These guys if they want to admit it or not, have HUGE HUGE EGO's and they love them to be stroked.

Im not saying its going to happen again, but this is becoming a trend with Dwight. Once he's not happy, he wants to go! Combine that with the pressure of needing to win at least 3 chips in L.A, its alot, not everyone is cut out for that man. If he didnt win, he was going to be crucified if that doesnt happen. That and well, shitty ass Antoni. It was easy to see he wasnt coming back.

Mother****erJones 07-05-2013 11:40 PM

Howard hated playing with Kobe because he wasn't "the man" and Kobe challenged him probably IMO. Just my guess. Howard won't have anyone to challenge him like Kobe would.

RustShack 07-05-2013 11:50 PM

If LeBron leaves Miami it's to come home to Cleveland. The cupboard isn't bare like it was when he left.. We have Irving, Waiters, and Bennett who all are very young and have All-Star potential, and some nice role players in Varejao, Thompson, Zeller, and now Earl Clark from the Lakers...

A few months ago we were the favorite to sign Oden... Interesting prospect for us, or I wonder if Bynum would be interested in reuniting with Brown who gave him his best season. Both have the injury issue though.

ChiefAshhole20 07-05-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9794610)
If LeBron leaves Miami it's to come home to Cleveland. The cupboard isn't bare like it was when he left.. We have Irving, Waiters, and Bennett who all are very young and have Al-Star potential, and some nice role players in Verejao, Thompson, Zeller, and now Earl Clark from the Lakers...

A few months ago we were the favorite to sign Oden... Interesting prospect for us, or I wonder if Bynum would be interested in reuniting with Brown who gave him his best season. Both have the injury issue though.

Were you pleased with the Bennett pick when it first happened? Be honest...

RustShack 07-05-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9794611)
Were you pleased with the Bennett pick when it first happened? Be honest...

I was surprised by it, but I knew he had one of the higher ceilings going into it. We drafted a PF #4 just two years ago... But that one can play the 4/5 where as this ones a 4/3.

Even though its completely different than the Chiefs first pick this year... I had the same feelings. I just accepted it.

okcchief 07-05-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9794610)
If LeBron leaves Miami it's to come home to Cleveland. The cupboard isn't bare like it was when he left.. We have Irving, Waiters, and Bennett who all are very young and have All-Star potential, and some nice role players in Varejao, Thompson, Zeller, and now Earl Clark from the Lakers...

I think LeBron's going back to Cleveland. Its a chance to redeem himself and Cleveland will be a better situation for him by then. If he wins a third title next year he may stay put, but it's setting up perfectly for a return.

RustShack 07-05-2013 11:58 PM

Irving-Waiters-James-Bennett-Thompson

That would be so sick! Undersized, but so talented that it doesn't matter.

kcxiv 07-06-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9794600)
Howard hated playing with Kobe because he wasn't "the man" and Kobe challenged him probably IMO. Just my guess. Howard won't have anyone to challenge him like Kobe would.

Harden will and easy. Harden is Money from the free throw line. Harden is great when the game is close and you need him to drive to the lane. That left handed lay up he has is one of the best i have seen. WHo wouldnt want that?

Or are you going to want Dwight in the post with the ball? That shit is UGLLLLLLLLY. Its an easy choice for Kevin! Give the ball to Harden.

ChiefAshhole20 07-06-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9794614)
I was surprised by it, but I knew he had one of the higher ceilings going into it. We drafted a PF #4 just two years ago... But that one can play the 4/5 where as this ones a 4/3.

Even though its completely different than the Chiefs first pick this year... I had the same feelings. I just accepted it.

I'm familiar with the roster because I was a HUGE Cavs fan whenever Lebron was there but ever since the Decision, I've had a bad "ex-girlfriend" relationship with Lebron and it just doesn't feel right following them anymore. I've moved onto OKC, but Cleveland was my team with Big Z, Boobie, Mo, Eric Snow, Gooden, etc.
I like Dion and Kyrie, but Thompson doesn't blow me away yet, Bennett could be something, and Varejao has a few years left if that. I wish they could've kept Hickson because I always a fan, but as of now, I think LBJ could step in and win a championship with a few more role player signings.

chiefzilla1501 07-06-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole20 (Post 9794645)
I'm familiar with the roster because I was a HUGE Cavs fan whenever Lebron was there but ever since the Decision, I've had a bad "ex-girlfriend" relationship with Lebron and it just doesn't feel right following them anymore. I've moved onto OKC, but Cleveland was my team with Big Z, Boobie, Mo, Eric Snow, Gooden, etc.
I like Dion and Kyrie, but Thompson doesn't blow me away yet, Bennett could be something, and Varejao has a few years left if that. I wish they could've kept Hickson because I always a fan, but as of now, I think LBJ could step in and win a championship with a few more role player signings.

The cavs are a good team to support a superstar right now. If they land a full time center they have all the pieces set. They have terrific depth and ability to flex between a big and small lineup. Tristan, Bennett, karasov, Earl Clark... These are guys who cam play 2 positions. Also adding mike brown, they also added a defensive stopper in free agency and one in the draft. It does look like they're building their team to prep for lebron s return. I really wish they can win without him. I'd still root for the cavs but really can't root for lebron.

Al Bundy 07-06-2013 06:21 AM

I do enjoy the Lakers going in tge toilet. You don't have the logo around to fleece teams in trades.

Mr_Tomahawk 07-06-2013 06:26 AM

So any word on where Bandon Jennings is going?

Lakers should maybe go after him...I don't follow NBA free agency that closely.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...ents-2013-2014

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-06-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9794471)
Bynum is a UFA. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers went back at him. He'll cost a lot less. He just can't stay healthy.

People still don't understand how the NBA salary cap works. You can only go over the cap to sign players that you already control. They are called Bird Rights. The Lakers cannot sign anyone unless they perform a sign and trade and give back near equivalent salary to what they take in.

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-06-2013 07:53 AM

And people don't just want to tank for Wiggins. The top eight players in the next draft would probably have gone #1 in this draft.

The Bad Guy 07-06-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9794757)
People still don't understand how the NBA salary cap works. You can only go over the cap to sign players that you already control. They are called Bird Rights. The Lakers cannot sign anyone unless they perform a sign and trade and give back near equivalent salary to what they take in.

I do believe the Lakers have a full MLE and a mini, but that's not going to net shit this year.