ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft nfl.com qb ratings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269096)

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9338490)
And my alma mater, SMSU or Missouri State as it's now called, has not ONE player entering the draft. My school sucks! *High five*

Actually I think that school has always been ass in football since...well, as long as I can remember.

How the hell does my fine alma mater allow a piece of a shit Raider fan in.

O.city 01-21-2013 05:37 PM

MSU grad here, we have a few guys playing. OL for the Boys, TE in Philly.

silver5liter 01-21-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9338490)
And my alma mater, SMSU or Missouri State as it's now called, has not ONE player entering the draft. My school sucks! *High five*

Actually I think that school has always been ass in football since...well, as long as I can remember.

They dont list any for Missouri Western either, but our DE David Bass is projected to get drafted. Possibly RB Michael Hill as well.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 07:44 PM

Terry Allen is the MO State coach, right?

A lady I work with's son plays DT for Terry Allen - pretty sure it is MO State.

O.city 01-21-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340070)

Yeah, he was there when I was in school. Not sure if he still is.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340072)
Yeah, he was there when I was in school. Not sure if he still is.

I believe this kid was a junior last year, so Allen is probably still there.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9334425)
Funny part is their #1 QB's comparison is Aaron Brooks. And their comparison for #2 is Osweiler.

Sounds about right to me. I have though about Geno comparing to Brooks before but didn't speak up because I was afraid of getting killed for it. Brooks was a good QB. They have Wilson comparing to Matt Hasselback. I love that comparison... Others that are noteworthy are Barkley compared to Bulger and Glennon compared to Flacco.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340342)
Sounds about right to me. I have though about Geno comparing to Brooks before but was afraid of getting killed for it. Brooks was a good QB. They have Wilson comparing to Matt Hasselback. I love that comparison... Others that are noteworthy are Barkley compared to Bulger and Glennon compared to Flacco.

Seriously?

Aaron Brooks, in college, wasn't anything like Geno. Geno's completion percentage alone was like 10 full percentage points higher...

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340354)
Seriously?

Aaron Brooks, in college, wasn't anything like Geno. Geno's completion percentage alone was like 10 full percentage points higher...

He's built like Brooks, he moves like Brooks, his arm is like Brooks, and his throwing motion is like Brooks. I see Aaron Brooks all the time when I watch him. I'm not talking stats. I am talking about the tools.

He really looks just like him...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QPoQNSGeqKM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yFVnDLNMV4M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340070)

Yes that POS is still Missouri State's coach. By the way the Bears play in Iowa City this fall.

O.city 01-21-2013 09:23 PM

Allen is awful. Perpetual mediocrity is his ceiling.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340360)
He's built like Brooks, he moves like Brooks, his arm is like Brooks, and his throwing motion is like Brooks. I see Aaron Brooks all the time when I watch him. I'm not talking stats. I am talking about the tools.

He has better ball velocity, better placement, and a much better "feel" for openings than Brooks.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340379)
He has better ball velocity, better placement, and a much better "feel" for openings than Brooks.

I agree man. I am just saying when you watch them play, they look like twins. I think Geno will be a better QB. I posted some links to Brooks footage in the post above. Check it out man and you'll see what I mean.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340379)

He doesn't get as flustered when the play breaks down too

htismaqe 01-21-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340408)
I agree man. I am just saying when you watch them play, they look like twins. I think Geno will be a better QB. I posted some links to Brooks footage in the post above. Check it out man and you'll see what I mean.

No, I've seen Brooks play. I know what you're getting at.

It's just that saying something like that around here will get latched onto.

The next 3 days, the Geno thread will be nothing but "he's the next Aaron Brooks".

J Diddy 01-21-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9335325)
He was/is also 5'10".

Go and list the last guy that was under 6' that had a good career at QB in the NFL.

It doesn't happen.

Wilson has a ton of chutzpah, but if it wasn't for that wacky Pete Carroll, he'd be third string on 31 other teams.

Good for Pete and good for Wilson. I hope it opens the eyes of the coaches and managers in the NFL to give guys a shot.

But in the end, he's basically the QB equivilent of Zac Thomas. Just a freak who has surplus+ drive and determination to make it happen despite the lack of ideal size or whathaveyou.

Dude Brees is 6'0. Is that inch that big of a difference?

DaneMcCloud 01-21-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340434)
No, I've seen Brooks play. I know what you're getting at.

It's just that saying something like that around here will get latched onto.

The next 3 days, the Geno thread will be nothing but "he's the next Aaron Brooks".

Brooks was also originally drafted by Green Bay.

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB except one: Love of the game.

Gravedigger 01-21-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340408)

Racism scale be off da chains homie!

Gravedigger 01-21-2013 11:42 PM

Also I was going to say we could look up Aaron Brooks highlights to compare to Geno's but.... who are we kidding.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9340651)
Also I was going to say we could look up Aaron Brooks highlights to compare to Geno's but.... who are we kidding.

I posted links. Go back and look. Are you seriously calling me racist for comparing him to Brooks without watching the film? That is about as sad as it gets. The defense of Geno is becoming sickening. It's starting to make me not like him. I gotta stay away from the Geno talk or soon it will be "Genot" for me.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340800)
I posted links. Go back and look. Are you seriously calling me racist for comparing him to Brooks without watching the film? That is about as sad as it gets. The defense of Geno is becoming sickening. It's starting to make me not like him. I gotta stay away from the Geno talk or soon it will be "Genot" for me.

Looks to me like he was being sarcastic.

And I don't see a "defense" of Geno anywhere in his post.

For all of the talk about the Genobators, some of you guys have SERIOUSLY fragile egos.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9340634)

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB except one: Love of the game.

I don't agree.

Brooks would thread the needle on one play and overthrow by 15 yards the next.

His accuracy issues prevented him from ever being anything other than just good.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340810)
Looks to me like he was being sarcastic.

And I don't see a "defense" of Geno anywhere in his post.

It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time. It's pretty funny imo. Funny but, sad....

BossChief 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340866)
It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time. It's pretty funny imo. Funny but, sad....

What's sad is people comparing Geno to Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, Mike Vick and other quarterbacks that don't compare AT ALL to Geno Smith...just because they have the same skin pigment.

Rausch 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340866)
It's hard to tell sometimes. People play the race card with Geno here all the time.

Not really.

Geno is by far the best prospect out there and KC is known nation wide for BBQ and fat white women...

htismaqe 01-22-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9340896)
What's sad is people comparing Geno to Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel, Mike Vick and other quarterbacks that don't compare AT ALL to Geno Smith...just because they have the same skin pigment.

Yep.

BigMeatballDave 01-22-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Aaron Brooks had all the tools to be a Franchise QB

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SHIFLNWZBfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale 01-22-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9340629)
Dude Brees is 6'0. Is that inch that big of a difference?

Brees is listed at six feet.

I'm a quarter inch under six feet. I am taller than Drew Brees. I know this for a fact.

He's not six feet tall.

WhiteWhale 01-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

And he had a ten cent brain.

I don't know a Saints fan that didn't hate Aaron Brooks. The offenses he played on were stacked to the moon and could have been better.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Dat ain't raycizum. Ah don see no whaht shayuts ur burnin' crawses anaywhayuhr

Dave Lane 01-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334447)
I was hoping to see how QBs in drafts prior to last year stack up.

I've said that I think Geno is better prospect than all but a couple of guys from the '06 to '10 drafts.

They don't have anything prior to 2011 apparently.

Dave Lane 01-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340812)
I don't agree.

His accuracy issues prevented him from ever being anything other than just good.

Him being an idiot was a major contributor. He and Jafatass set black QBs back 10 years.

007 01-22-2013 10:19 AM

Did anybody else notice on FB that KC Chiefs are pimping Glennon today?

JFC this team is stupid to even be looking at him. thanks Kiper.

ChiefMojo 01-22-2013 10:31 AM

I believe the Chiefs (Ginger) will be interviewing Wilson today. Probably just making their rounds with the top QB's.

007 01-22-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9341101)
I believe the Chiefs (Ginger) will be interviewing Wilson today. Probably just making their rounds with the top QB's.

Most likely but I hate that the first 1 on 1 they have to put out there is the Kiper QB that nobody in their right mind wants.

Wumbology 01-22-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9341079)

Yeah I saw that. I couldn't bring mysel to look at comments though. We might have the dumbest fanbase in the nfl based on what I've seen commented on posts from SOC.

007 01-22-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wumbology (Post 9341108)
Yeah I saw that. I couldn't bring mysel to look at comments though. We might have the dumbest fanbase in the nfl based on what I've seen commented on posts from SOC.

Pissed me off how many posted there is no QB in this draft worthy of the #1 pick.

No shit?

There is no PLAYER in this draft worthy of the #1 pick either. So why not draft what you ****ing need.

ChiefMojo 01-22-2013 10:47 AM

Nassib and Dysert have been struggling. Wilson and Glennon the two best QB's at the Senior Bowl so far.

The Franchise 01-22-2013 10:48 AM

Scott Wright ‏@DraftCountdown

Mike Glennon of North Carolina St. the most impressive of six QBs at Senior Bowl by far. Can really spin it. Easy guy to fall in love with.

Not that North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon has been perfect but a lot more positives than negatives. Looking forward to 11-on-11's.

Frankie 01-22-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9341079)

I believe the Chiefs WILL draft a quarterback in the first two rounds. But most likely AT VALUE. So they would be wise to really study up on all of them, including Glennon.

They will take Geno Smith at the top of the draft under one of three conditions:

1- If he will prove after combine data is collected that top of the draft IS his value.

2- If 1 is not the case but there is no one else clearly worthy of the top pick.

3- If 1 is not the case but there is no trade down offer. (Basically 2 and 3 are the same)

007 01-22-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9341241)
I believe the Chiefs WILL draft a quarterback in the first two rounds. But most likely AT VALUE. So they would be wise to really study up on all of them, including Glennon.

They will take Geno Smith at the top of the draft under one of three conditions:

1- If he will prove after combine data is collected that top of the draft IS his value.

2- If 1 is not the case but there is no one else clearly worthy of the top pick.

3- If 1 is not the case but there is no trade down offer. (Basically 2 and 3 are the same)

So the Chiefs are drafting Geno then. heh

Rambozo 01-22-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9341241)

This :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Yep. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Elway.

All ****ing day long.

007 01-22-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9341311)

Elway.

All ****ing day long.

I don't think I would go that far.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-22-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9341315)
I don't think I would go that far.

I have gone that ****ing far, and I am NOT coming back.:D

007 01-22-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9341322)
I have gone that ****ing far, and I am NOT coming back.:D

Well, you are definitely too far gone if you are saying that.LMAO

DaneMcCloud 01-22-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340812)
I don't agree.

I have a good friend from Los Angeles that was a bartender in N.O. during the Brooks era. He said the dude was out partying every single night, including before and after the games. Several of his fellow teammates were unhappy with his behavior and the Saints were fed up with his lack of dedications let him walk.

The guy could have been special but just didn't give a shit.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9341346)
I have a good friend from Los Angeles that was a bartender in N.O. during the Brooks era. He said the dude was out partying every single night, including before and after the games. Several of his fellow teammates were unhappy with his behavior and the Saints were fed up with his lack of dedications let him walk.

The guy could have been special but just didn't give a shit.

He didn't have the skill set to be "special" coming out of college.

This came up originally as a comparison to Geno - there's really no comparison. Geno is consistently accurate with the ball, Brooks wasn't.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9341731)
He didn't have the skill set to be "special" coming out of college.

meh, they say that about a lot of guys who turn out to be good. Brooks was a good QB for a while. Also, I haven't heard anyone say Geno has a "special" skill set. No offense but, I haven't heard it.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9341738)
meh, they say that about a lot of guys who turn out to be good. Brooks was a good QB for a while. Also, I haven't heard anyone say Geno has a "special" skill set. No offense but, I haven't heard it.

Dude, just stop talking.

Geno Smith is an infinitely better prospect than Aaron Brooks. It isn't even close.

Buckweath 01-22-2013 05:37 PM

ANybody has noticed Smith has been downgraded from 93 to 91?

HotCarl 01-22-2013 05:41 PM

Like I always say, too risky. Can't miss on a tackle that high. Just can't. Mmmm tackles.

Setsuna 01-22-2013 06:01 PM

Thought Senior Bowl was this Saturday wtf?

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9342364)
Thought Senior Bowl was this Saturday wtf?

it is

Setsuna 01-22-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9342387)
it is

Then WTH is this crap?

Mike Glennon of North Carolina St. the most impressive of six QBs at Senior Bowl by far. Can really spin it. Easy guy to fall in love with.

Not that North Carolina St. QB Mike Glennon has been perfect but a lot more positives than negatives. Looking forward to 11-on-11's.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-22-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9341311)

Elway.

All ****ing day long.

Sweet Dick has gone all in folks

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9342408)
Then WTH is this crap?

Matt Cassel bullshit, looks great in practice shits himself during games.

The Franchise 01-22-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9342408)
Then WTH is this crap?

It means he was impressive in practice. He's looking forward to seeing him play during the game.

Setsuna 01-22-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9342425)
It means he was impressive in practice. He's looking forward to seeing him play during the game.

Ahh I see. Thank you sir. :D

007 01-22-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9342423)
Matt Cassel bullshit, looks great in practice shits himself during games.

Wrong. Cassel doesn't even look good in practice.

Tribal Warfare 01-22-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9342495)
Wrong. Cassel doesn't even look good in practice.

well apparently in TC he was the second coming of Trent Green

007 01-22-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9342514)
well apparently in TC he was the second coming of Trent Green

consider his competition. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-24-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9342415)
Sweet Dick has gone all in folks

LMAO

ChiefMojo 01-24-2013 12:14 PM

There is a lot to like about Glennon. Tall, big arm, can make all the throws, etc. his issue is his bad feet and struggling getting laterally. His bad feet allows defenders to catch up on a route. He is a classic statue Coryell QB that if given the time will tear you apart. He gets flat footed in the pocket on any occasions which makes him throw down and low to receivers.

Glennon has the tools but he has God given limitations that will be hard to overcome. Not to mention he won't be coming to KC since he is not a WCO type QB.

Frankie 01-28-2013 11:25 PM

Man, I just watched the Senior Bowl on my DVR. What a sorry display of QB play. :( ESPECIALLY Landry Jones who looked exactly like Matt Cassel with worse foot work.

RyFo18 01-28-2013 11:28 PM

No joke, that is exactly how I had the top 6 in my mind.

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 09:58 AM

Bumping because the site has changed a bunch of grades. Now they have

Smith 91.0
Dysert 83.5
Wilson 83.5
Barkley 82.0
Glennon 79.4
Nassib 78.7
Manuel 68.7

htismaqe 02-01-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9369838)

Smith 91.0
Dysert 83.5
Wilson 83.5
Barkley 82.0
Glennon 79.4
Nassib 78.7
Manuel 68.7

I posted these the other day in a new thread. For some reason, I couldn't find this one.

King_Chief_Fan 02-01-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9369838)

Smith 91.0
Dysert 83.5
Wilson 83.5
Barkley 82.0
Glennon 79.4
Nassib 78.7
Manuel 68.7

and Alex Smith's is 104.....what's the point?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-01-2013 10:51 AM

sweet. The choice is beoming clearer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-01-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9369867)
and Alex Smith's is 104.....what's the point?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...9q6po1_500.gif