ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Xbox 720 vs PlayStation 4: Whats in Store? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255148)

Dayze 01-26-2012 04:23 PM

yeah, that too. I just remember when PS3 etc first came out, it took forever until animation engines/graphics were worth a poo.

007 01-26-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8329162)
yeah, that too. I just remember when PS3 etc first came out, it took forever until animation engines/graphics were worth a poo.

You didn't play Uncharted Drakes Fortune? that game was badass on the PS3 for a launch title.

Saulbadguy 01-26-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8329198)
You didn't play Uncharted Drakes Fortune? that game was badass on the PS3 for a launch title.

How did you like the 3rd one? I thought it was the best of the 3. Looking forward to the next one.

007 01-26-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8329219)
How did you like the 3rd one? I thought it was the best of the 3. Looking forward to the next one.

Absolutely LOVED it. But, I think Uncharted 2 will always be my favorite. Probably because it was the only PS3 game I was able to get the Platinum trophy for since it didn't have a bunch of BS online trophies like most other games.

I'm betting that U4 will be a launch title for the PS4. Which will suck. I don't buy game systems as soon as they come out. You know the PS4 will cost $700.

Saulbadguy 01-26-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8329235)
Absolutely LOVED it. But, I think Uncharted 2 will always be my favorite. Probably because it was the only PS3 game I was able to get the Platinum trophy for since it didn't have a bunch of BS online trophies like most other games.

I'm betting that U4 will be a launch title for the PS4. Which will suck. I don't buy game systems as soon as they come out. You know the PS4 will cost $700.

I'll be playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss here in a few weeks. :D

007 01-26-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8329266)
I'll be playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss here in a few weeks. :D

Yeah, I want to want that thing since the price isn't that bad but would really like to see it at 199. Any chance I could spend 5 minutes with your PS Vita after you get it?

Saulbadguy 01-26-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8329277)
Yeah, I want to want that thing since the price isn't that bad but would really like to see it at 199. Any chance I could spend 5 minutes with your PS Vita after you get it?

Sure. I almost guarantee it will drop price within 6 months.

007 01-26-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8329452)
Sure. I almost guarantee it will drop price within 6 months.

Hopefully sooner.

SnakeXJones 01-26-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8329802)
Hopefully sooner.

If it wont sell well like in japan it def will be sooner

htismaqe 01-27-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8329154)
problem isnt really graphics with ea. its gameplay. Not all but the main one football. Lol shit is turrible lol

I haven't played NHL, which is one of the few that seems to get critical praise.

Madden's problem is gameplay. NCAA football is gameplay. Fight Night is gameplay.

EA's sports games are just not "sim". They're trying to keep relevant with the casual gamer, so we'll always have haymakers, 40-yard drop back super passes, and LBs jumping 20 feet in the air to pick off a crossing route.

kcxiv 01-27-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8330364)
I haven't played NHL, which is one of the few that seems to get critical praise.

Madden's problem is gameplay. NCAA football is gameplay. Fight Night is gameplay.

EA's sports games are just not "sim". They're trying to keep relevant with the casual gamer, so we'll always have haymakers, 40-yard drop back super passes, and LBs jumping 20 feet in the air to pick off a crossing route.

Then, the producer should say that, time and time again, they claim to want to make a fun simulation game. I have no problem if they come out n say, we want the game to be in the middle of sim and arcade, but dont lie to the customer. I bought Maddent his year, played it for like 2 weeks, then told my nephew Merry early Xmas. lol .

I dont have any idea what the dev's have said about the game the last past year, i got banned from Operation Sports and have since made the switch from Sports to Fighting games. get the same one on one feeling, but at 35, i dont have the reactions i used too :( I kinda get how aging boxers feel, you see something coming, but you just can counter sometimes.

htismaqe 01-27-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8330388)
Then, the producer should say that, time and time again, they claim to want to make a fun simulation game. I have no problem if they come out n say, we want the game to be in the middle of sim and arcade, but dont lie to the customer. I bought Maddent his year, played it for like 2 weeks, then told my nephew Merry early Xmas. lol .

I dont have any idea what the dev's have said about the game the last past year, i got banned from Operation Sports and have since made the switch from Sports to Fighting games. get the same one on one feeling, but at 35, i dont have the reactions i used too :( I kinda get how aging boxers feel, you see something coming, but you just can counter sometimes.

How the hell did you get banned from OS? They're usually pretty lenient. Oh well, don't air your dirty laundry here.

Have you played Fight Night Rocky 15...err, Champion?

kcxiv 01-27-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8330415)
How the hell did you get banned from OS? They're usually pretty lenient. Oh well, don't air your dirty laundry here.

Remember when NBA Live 10 came out or whatever the hell their NBA game was, well they were originally going to release NBA Jam with that game and in a thread, i said, just wait til they put NBA Jam out separately, if you dont want to buy their "sim" nba game. I said EA will put it as a stand alone game sooner or later, thats how EA does things. Apparently that was against the rules. So i got banned for that, perma ban. I was like wow, thats pretty lame. I also got banned before, but i contacted the owner of the site and showed him proof that the Mods were out to get me and he unbanned me, but i just said **** them and their site. lol Let me dig up the screenshots of the lame shit they tried to pin on me. haha

I havent played one of their boxing games in a long time is it good?

This got me a warning and temp lol how lame is this shit...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../Hesahater.jpg

So, then i said, why dont you give the EA dev a warning as well he said the same thing i did.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...hesahater2.jpg

I show him proof and nothing. lol

So i went to the owner of the site and they unbanned me.

007 01-27-2012 08:39 PM

HOLY CRAP $100 for a 32gb PS Vita Memory card? JFC

Saulbadguy 01-28-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8331856)
HOLY CRAP $100 for a 32gb PS Vita Memory card? JFC

lol

007 01-28-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8332394)
lol

you don't find that just a little bit insane?

I was actually considering going ahead and purchasing a Vita until I saw the memory unit prices. Thats 40% of the price of the vita for something that does absolutely nothing.

Saulbadguy 01-28-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8332852)
you don't find that just a little bit insane?

I was actually considering going ahead and purchasing a Vita until I saw the memory unit prices. Thats 40% of the price of the vita for something that does absolutely nothing.

I wouldnt consider buying a 32gb. 8 or 16 should be plenty, and the prices will drop quickly.

Valiant 01-28-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8332943)
I wouldnt consider buying a 32gb. 8 or 16 should be plenty, and the prices will drop quickly.

3rd party maybe.. I have never seen Sony accessories really drop quickly..

007 01-28-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8332943)

th Sony memory sticks took forever to drop in price. $30 for an 8 is overpriced too but easier to deal with.

ticks me off how Sony always gets away with this crap on their proprietary memory. Why they can't just go with the standard is beyond me.

kcxiv 01-28-2012 05:31 PM

sticks are expensive, but the price point of the vita is pretty damned good.

Caseyguyrr 01-28-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8327519)
I cant wait til march so i can leave ATT. 6mb lines suck ass. Imma go back to comcast. I hella miss that 24mb line.

i wouldnt complain, i have to make due with 1.5 mb

007 01-28-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8333329)
sticks are expensive, but the price point of the vita is pretty damned good.

Yep. Even though I would love it to be 199, 249 isn't a bad price considering it is more powerful than the PS3.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8333110)

ticks me off how Sony always gets away with this crap on their proprietary memory. Why they can't just go with the standard is beyond me.

Because people will pay for it. Why do people pay $500 for an IPad? Because they will.

If people are not willing to pay for it, the price will drop. Thats how it works.

007 01-28-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8333427)
Because people will pay for it. Why do people pay $500 for an IPad? Because they will.

If people are not willing to pay for it, the price will drop. Thats how it works.

You do realize the Vita will not play any games without a proprietary memory card? It doesn't even come with a small memory card.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8333440)
You do realize the Vita will not play any games without a proprietary memory card? It doesn't even come with a small memory card.

Yes I do. If you don't like the product, have issues with it or think its overpriced, don't buy it and complain. Simple as that. I won't be buying it, so you know my feeling about it.

007 01-28-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8333953)
Yes I do. If you don't like the product, have issues with it or think its overpriced, don't buy it and complain. Simple as that. I won't be buying it, so you know my feeling about it.

In my defense, I haven't purchased it yet. So I can complain all I want. :evil:

Deberg_1990 01-29-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8334078)
In my defense, I haven't purchased it yet. So I can complain all I want. :evil:

heh, i personally think the thing is gonna flop. Its hard to justify deadicated gameing only handheld devices anymore.

TinyEvel 01-29-2012 01:26 AM

If you want to buy the 3G Vita, this one comes with a free 8G card and a PSN game.

Even if you don;t plan on using 3G now, I'd get one "just in case" you want that functionality after buying it. I know a lot of folk who bought non-3G iPads then sold them to buy the 3G one.

The 3G data plan on vita is month-to-month.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pla...ced-39026.html

007 01-29-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 8334212)
If you want to buy the 3G Vita, this one comes with a free 8G card and a PSN game.

Even if you don;t plan on using 3G now, I'd get one "just in case" you want that functionality after buying it. I know a lot of folk who bought non-3G iPads then sold them to buy the 3G one.

The 3G data plan on vita is month-to-month.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Pla...ced-39026.html

Have you used it yet Tiny?

HMc 01-29-2012 09:02 AM

Can't believe you guys are getting so bent over for internet. He were pay 59.95 (about $60USD) a month for unlimited ~17Mbps.

Bump 01-29-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8330415)

bad mouth Madden once, even if it's a respectable post. I got banned for saying something like "I just don't like how Madden is the same garbage year in and year out and that's our only option"

BANNED

Operation Sports can suck my dick

aturnis 01-29-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8304413)
I really don't care about 3D. It's a gimmick that's already running out of steam.

I like the idea of a 360 with a built in DVR, though.

Actually, the videogame industry has the most to benefit from 3D. It's the most viable candidate for widespread adoption.

Epic Fail 007 01-29-2012 10:33 PM

Screw 3d,I hate it

TinyEvel 01-29-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8334249)
Have you used it yet Tiny?

Yeah, I've demo'd it Uncharted Golden Abyss and Little Deviants.

Pretty much in groups after talking about it for an hour, we bring a few out and the guys get their hands on it, the desire to have one goes WAY up. It's something you have to see and feel to appreciate. The size, the screen, the two sticks, the touch controls front and back

Here's a great five-minute rundown by one of the SCEA guys

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...-hands-on.html

007 01-30-2012 12:00 AM

What did you think of little deviants. looks like it is really taylored to the kid crowd based on youtube videos.

007 01-30-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 8335747)
Screw 3d,I hate it

THIS X10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

htismaqe 01-30-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8334442)
bad mouth Madden once, even if it's a respectable post. I got banned for saying something like "I just don't like how Madden is the same garbage year in and year out and that's our only option"

BANNED

Operation Sports can suck my dick

Wow.

The Boxing forum is nothing but complaints about Fight Night, nobody gets banned.

ForeverChiefs58 03-29-2012 11:47 AM

Rumor: Next PlayStation coming in 2013

There have been plenty of leaks, whispers and rumors about the next Xbox for a few months now, but there hasn't been a lot of talk about Sony's plans for the next generation.

Kotaku, though, claims to have uncovered some inside information about the system that, on the surface, makes it sound like the next generation console race is going to be a tight one -- and begin next year.

Citing a single anonymous source, Kotaku says it believes the code name for the next PlayStation is "Orbis." And while the next console from Sony is widely expected to be called PlayStation 4 when it hits shelves, the site infers that Orbis might be the system's final name.

Whatever it's called, Kotaku says we can expect to see it released in the holiday period of 2013 -- the same timeframe most expect the next Xbox to arrive. If so, that would eliminate the one year head start Microsoft enjoyed with the Xbox 360, a year that gave it a lead over Sony that thus far has proven insurmountable.

Much like the rumored next Xbox system (codenamed Durango), the new Sony system will lock games to a PSN account, which could impact the used game market.

"If you then decide to trade that disc in, the pre-owned customer picking it up will be limited in what they can do," the site said. "While our sources were unclear on how exactly the pre-owned customer side of things would work, it's believed used games will be limited to a trial mode or some other form of content restriction, with consumers having to pay a fee to unlock/register the full game."

If true, that's likely to upset a notable segment of the gaming population, not to mention have a serious impact on retailers like GameStop who make a tidy profit on the used game market. And Sony could ruffle even more feathers if the system ditches backward compatibility with the PlayStation 3, as Kotaku says it will.

In terms of hard specs, Kotaku says the system will use either AMD's x64 CPU or perhaps AMD's Southern Islands GPU, the company's high-end chip. Graphics-wise, Orbis is said to be capable of resolutions up to 4096x2160, commonly called '4K' in TV manufacturer parlance (and one of the technological boosts shown off at this year's CES). It's also said to be able to play 3D games in full 1080p, a leap over the PS3's max 3D resolution of 720.

It's critical to note that these are unconfirmed reports based on a single source, so it's wise to be skeptical. Developers Yahoo! Games has spoken with are unable to confirm anything in Kotaku's report, and note they haven't been contacted yet by Sony to discuss the new system (though they say they have spoken with Microsoft).

Don't expect Sony to officially start talking about the PS4 or Orbis anytime soon, either. In January Sony's Kaz Hirai stated clearly that the company would not announce any new home systems at E3.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...200015017.html

007 03-29-2012 07:25 PM

I like Sony's rumored approach better than the Microsoft's.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2012 07:35 PM

:facepalm:

I dont get the software industry? Whats wrong with the resale market? Ford or Chevy dont care if you resell your cars. A builder doesnt care if you resell your house. Clothing makers dont care if you resell your clothes. Why should software be any different?

007 03-29-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8503189)

I dont get the software industry? Whats wrong with the resale market? Ford or Chevy dont care if you resell your cars. A builder doesnt care if you resell your house. Clothing makers dont care if you resell your clothes. Why should software be any different?

Don't forget about used DVDs, CDs, records and books. It shouldn't be any different with software at all but they are going to win this battle because everyone wants their games.

SnakeXJones 03-29-2012 07:41 PM

trying us to force to pay a fee wont work used games is a huge part of gaming

Dr. Gigglepants 03-29-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Seems like a pretty big F U to customers. Another article:

http://www.platformnation.com/2012/0...of-used-games/

007 03-29-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8503201)
trying us to force to pay a fee wont work used games is a huge part of gaming

People are already paying $10 to EA if they buy a used sports title. Trust me, people will pay it. Sucks for the rest of us but if you want to play the games we are going to have to deal with this new approach.

SnakeXJones 03-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8503207)
People are already paying $10 to EA if they buy a used sports title. Trust me, people will pay it. Sucks for the rest of us but if you want to play the games we are going to have to deal with this new approach.

I am fine with EA doing that cause i dont buy their shit

007 03-29-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8503214)
I am fine with EA doing that cause i dont buy their shit

Amen brothah!!!!!

Dr. Gigglepants 03-29-2012 07:54 PM

I think the standard price for a new PS3 game is $60. I wonder if they are going to be $70 for new PS4 games, crazy.

SnakeXJones 03-29-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8503230)
I think the standard price for a new PS3 game is $60. I wonder if they are going to be $70 for new PS4 games, crazy.

I think they was 65 when the ps3 was release

007 03-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8503230)

I'm expecting $70 games and a $700 system.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-29-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8503236)
I think they was 65 when the ps3 was release

Then I could see them being $75 at first, leveling off at $70 for new releases after a while. I think I'll be bowing out of the game market with this one, I just don't play it enough to justify the PS3 I currently have, let alone pay somewhere north of $500 for a PS4 and $70 per game.

007 03-29-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8503244)
Then I could see them being $75 at first, leveling off at $70 for new releases after a while. I think I'll be bowing out of the game market with this one, I just don't play it enough to justify the PS3 I currently have, let alone pay somewhere north of $500 for a PS4 and $70 per game.

The PS3 was 599 at launch. No way will the PS4 be less.

and no, I will not be purchasing a new system until the prices drop to sub $350 levels.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-29-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8503248)
The PS3 was 599 at launch. No way will the PS4 be less.

and no, I will not be purchasing a new system until the prices drop to sub $350 levels.

Yeah, I remember that launch price now, I bought it on a whim, now things are a little different, no way I could justify $700 for a new system that I wouldn't even really play that much.

I'm sure they will still make PS3 games, the graphics are fine by me so if a new games comes out that I have to play I'll play the PS3 version, so I'm with you, I won't be buying one.

BryanBusby 03-30-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Developers seem to believe that restricting the used game market heavily will greatly increase new game sales. They aren't getting a cut when Gamestop sells a used game, which also hurts Sony as they are losing out on their cut.

I guess they're banking that people will cave in and pay for a new copy.

kcxiv 03-30-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8503239)

Not me. I don't see Sony tucking up this launch like they did with the Ps3.

I see about a 400 release. Time will tell though.

Deberg_1990 03-30-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8503709)
I guess they're banking that people will cave in and pay for a new copy.

Well, that will probably happen, but not with me. I really dont buy all that many games, but when i do i almost always buy used or at a discount price. $60 for a game is out of my price range. This will probably help extend the life out of the 360 and PS3. The industry should try and figure out a way to sell new games at a cheaper cost if they want to kill the used market.

IMO its just an incredibly sh*tty way to treat your customer base.

Chazno 03-30-2012 06:36 AM

not to mention you won't be able to trade in your old games towards a hot new one. Would also kill the rental market.

htismaqe 03-30-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8503207)

It isn't just sports. ALL of their games will have an online component going forward.

It's easy to say "I won't buy EA" but they publish about 35% of all games on the market at any given time.

htismaqe 03-30-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazno (Post 8503749)
not to mention you won't be able to trade in your old games towards a hot new one. Would also kill the rental market.

Yep.

htismaqe 03-30-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8503744)
Well, that will probably happen, but not with me. I really dont buy all that many games, but when i do i almost always buy used or at a discount price. $60 for a game is out of my price range. This will probably help extend the life out of the 360 and PS3. The industry should try and figure out a way to sell new games at a cheaper cost if they want to kill the used market.

IMO its just an incredibly sh*tty way to treat your customer base.

It's easy to say it won't happen to you but the only way that will be possible is if you stop gaming altogether.

The "new" model is to essentially ship "demo" games. Think of it like XBox Live Arcade. The file you are downloading is a FULL game but you simply cannot access all of the contents of that file until you pay to unlock them.

And they're already figuring out way to make it cheaper - again, see XBox Live Arcade - the problem isn't that they don't have ways, it's whether or not they'll USE them or just pocket the extra profit.

Deberg_1990 03-30-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8503843)
It's easy to say it won't happen to you but the only way that will be possible is if you stop gaming altogether.

The "new" model is to essentially ship "demo" games. Think of it like XBox Live Arcade. The file you are downloading is a FULL game but you simply cannot access all of the contents of that file until you pay to unlock them.

And they're already figuring out way to make it cheaper - again, see XBox Live Arcade - the problem isn't that they don't have ways, it's whether or not they'll USE them or just pocket the extra profit.

Oh i imagine ill still buy, ill just buy less games. Doesnt that hurt their industry to if im not buying as many games? Or maybe not if they set their price points so high.

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Shit, games used to be $50-$70 20 years ago.

AND THEY WERE TOO EXPENSIVE BACK THEN, TOO!! /Guru

GordonGekko 03-30-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Looks like I am done with gaming.

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 8503888)
Looks like I am done with gaming.

Don't worry, Angry Birds will only be $1.99.

ForeverChiefs58 03-30-2012 08:17 AM

Although it eliminates playing live, I think it will turn more people to modded systems. A copied game for $5 plays the same as the $60 game. Having it modded makes it more affordable.

ForeverChiefs58 03-30-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8503893)

ROFL

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8503907)
Although it eliminates playing live, I think it will turn more people to modded systems. A copied game for $5 plays the same as the $60 game. Having it modded makes it more affordable.

Doubt that will make much of an impact. 95% of the people in this country only own a system to play Call of Duty or Madden online.

ForeverChiefs58 03-30-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8503913)
Doubt that will make much of an impact. 95% of the people in this country only own a system to play Call of Duty or Madden online.

This is very true. It wont affect the gamemakers, but it will make it easier for gamers to justify turning to that route.

GordonGekko 03-30-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8503893)

never played it

Dayze 03-30-2012 12:57 PM

so what's the gist of the info? Are they doing away with Discs all together on the PS4?

Dr. Gigglepants 03-30-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8504869)
so what's the gist of the info? Are they doing away with Discs all together on the PS4?

Not from what I've read, I've read that each disc will be "authorized," or whatever, to only play on one console.

Dayze 03-30-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8504912)
Not from what I've read, I've read that each disc will be "authorized," or whatever, to only play on one console.

oh, ok. So, no backwards compatibility etc?

wasn't there also somethign about paying a fee?

007 03-30-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8503864)
Shit, games used to be $50-$70 20 years ago.

AND THEY WERE TOO EXPENSIVE BACK THEN, TOO!! /Guru

News to me. I know I never purchased a new game for my Nintendo that cost more than $40. I don't remember seeing $70 price tags during that time.

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8505074)
News to me. I know I never purchased a new game for my Nintendo that cost more than $40. I don't remember seeing $70 price tags during that time.

http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/ebspring93/

I remember seeing $70 for games like Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 3 (6) , Chrono Trigger, etc.

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 02:18 PM

http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/ebspring91/pg04.jpg

$48.99 for Final Fantasy for NES. 1991. YIKES!

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 02:19 PM

http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/ebspring91/pg15.jpg

$67.99 for "Strider" for Sega Genesis. DO NOT WANT

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 02:19 PM

The systems were cheaper, though.

007 03-30-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8505078)
http://huguesjohnson.com/scans/ebspring93/

I remember seeing $70 for games like Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 3 (6) , Chrono Trigger, etc.

all games I never owned. heh

Thanks to discounts I rarely pay full retail for todays games either. Gotta love Newegg!!!!!!!!

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8505144)
all games I never owned. heh

Thanks to discounts I rarely pay full retail for todays games either. Gotta love Newegg!!!!!!!!

I chain $10/$20 amazon video game credits.

-King- 03-30-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 8503907)

Doubt it. If I can't get on live on my xbox, it won't get touched. I know this is true for the majority of gamers. No one buys games anymore just to play the CPU.

Saulbadguy 03-30-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8505156)
Doubt it. If I can't get on live on my xbox, it won't get touched. I know this is true for the majority of gamers. No one buys games anymore just to play the CPU.

Disagree.

I think multiplayer should be a component, but not the main focus.